Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that the spurs accountants would be having a stroke if they saw some these trades.
    In my deal, Spurs arent even taking on more money by sending out Doug/Richardson/Collins/Tre and free up 15M next year too. But even if BKY wanted to save money and lets say take Collins out of the deal (would save BKY a ton in this scenario) - Spurs are under the floor and net money added would only be like 9M for this year which doesn’t matter at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my deal, Spurs arent even taking on more money by sending out Doug/Richardson/Collins/Tre and free up 15M next year too. But even if BKY wanted to save money and lets say take Collins out of the deal (would save BKY a ton in this scenario) - Spurs are under the floor and net money added would only be like 9M for this year which doesn’t matter at all
    What ever saves another team money usually costs some team money. Net money added would only be like 9M for this year which doesn’t matter at all - really ? Someone will pony up that 9 million somehow, probably in the form of tax savings or more expensive parking or more expensive hot dogs for the next decade. Either way it represents real money.

All joking aside, the spurs have forked over a decent amount of dead money recently and even though they are under the minimum salary, throwing away more money just for a middling pick somewhere down the road, doesn't always make the most financial sense. This is the NBA though and not everything makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ever saves another team money usually costs some team money. Net money added would only be like 9M for this year which doesn’t matter at all - really ? Someone will pony up that 9 million somehow, probably in the form of tax savings or more expensive parking or more expensive hot dogs for the next decade. Either way it represents real money.

All joking aside, the spurs have forked over a decent amount of dead money recently and even though they are under the minimum salary, throwing away more money just for a middling pick somewhere down the road, doesn't always make the most financial sense. This is the NBA though and not everything makes sense.
    The reason he say 9M doesn't matter bcos we are below salary floor and those money needs to be spend regardlessly whether to spread among the players or otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that the spurs accountants would be having a stroke if they saw some these trades.

Nah, more like a laughing fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs pay money due to being under anyways. So whether it’s spread out to existing players or to a new player it’s the same money is all I’m saying. I’m not saying Spurs will take on 30M, but none-to a few? Ya I think they will do that especially up to whatever they are to get to the floor

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets potentially trying to save tax money is an interesting angle. They might take those savings over a pick, for example.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're throwing out trades...let's get Brooklyn off Simmons..

LA- Kyrie

Brooklyn- WB, McD, and Josh + LA 2029 1st

Spurs- Simmons, LA 2027 1st, and LA 2028 swap
    The variant is send Ben to LA and Brick to us. We get both picks and the swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Pacers giving a lot of money this year to Turner, it's basically just the Spurs that can facilitate trades with cap room, right? Or is Utah there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets potentially trying to save tax money is an interesting angle. They might take those savings over a pick, for example.
    Nets are 35M over the cap resulting in a whooping 108M in luxury tax bill. Re-routing Westbrook to SA while Kyrie goes out to LA and getting Doug/Collins/Tre to BKY would knock off nearly half of their luxury tax bill. It’s an insane amount they would get in savings while still getting a first and some solid players on friendly deals.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 02-04-2023 at 12:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like literally sending out 35M in Doug/Josh/Zach/Tre and getting 47M in Westbrook has SA right at the 111M floor +1M (I think) vs being at 99M currently. So it truly doesn’t cost them anything *shrugs* that they already aren't going to pay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Pacers giving a lot of money this year to Turner, it's basically just the Spurs that can facilitate trades with cap room, right? Or is Utah there?
    Spurs are the only team with more than 9M in cap space which belongs to INDY. Utah has none - no other team has functional cap space either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets potentially trying to save tax money is an interesting angle. …

Indeed.

The Nets are over the luxury tax threshold by $34.8 M. Their estimated luxury tax bill is $108 M.

I wonder how that looks to Nets owner Tsai with the Nets season turning into crap. Again.

Kyrie’s contract has a cap figure of $37 M.

Now, just suppose…. The Nets do decide they want to move Kyrie, also Kyrie wants to go to the Fakers, and the Fakers want him.

But the Fakers have to move WB to make it happen, and sadly, the Nets do not want WB. It’s a problem. No direct deal is possible.

But if only there was a team around that had the cap space to take WB, and facilitate the transaction.

The Spurs are $53.5 M below the luxury tax threshold. WB’s contract has a cap figure of $47 M.

All very interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Utah is showing only $7 M of space below the luxury tax at this time according to spotrac.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed.

The Nets are over the luxury tax threshold by $34.8 M. Their estimated luxury tax bill is $108 M.

I wonder how that looks to Nets owner Tsai with the Nets season turning into crap. Again.

Kyrie’s contract has a cap figure of $37 M.

Now, just suppose…. The Nets do decide they want to move Kyrie, also Kyrie wants to go to the Fakers, and the Fakers want him.

But the Fakers have to move WB to make it happen, and sadly, the Nets do not want WB. It’s a problem. No direct deal is possible.

But if only there was a team around that had the cap space to take WB, and facilitate the transaction.

The Spurs are $53.5 M below the luxury tax threshold. WB’s contract has a cap figure of $47 M.

All very interesting.
    Yeah, but what do spurs get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They get an unprotected Lakers 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you're paying $47 million for a pick? That's ungodly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it's pro-rated for the rest of the season, but still. You're paying a huge amount of money for a single pick. The problem is that Nets and Lakers (might) need a facilitator but they don't have enough to appeal to the Spurs to be used.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Draft picks. From both Fakers and Nets. They would both owe us.

And if both teams wanted to send some cash our way to help buy out WB, that would be welcome, too. We wouldn’t want to keep that loser while we’re tanking. Ok, that’s an odd way to phrase it, but anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it's pro-rated for the rest of the season, but still. You're paying a huge amount of money for a single pick. The problem is that Nets and Lakers (might) need a facilitator but they don't have enough to appeal to the Spurs to be used.

I’d be much more hard nosed than DPG is. Facilitating the move of two big-name players would be worth four FRPs, or I would tell them to go chase Chinese balloons. Also some cash, to help buy out Westbrook.

Four FRPs, lightly enough protected to be valued at $10 M each, plus $7 M in cash, and there’s $47 M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be much more hard nosed than DPG is. Facilitating the move of two big-name players would be worth four FRPs, or I would tell them to go chase Chinese balloons. Also some cash, to help buy out Westbrook.

Four FRPs, lightly enough protected to be valued at $10 M each, plus $7 M in cash, and there’s $47 M.
    They don't have those picks.

I don't see any trade with Kyrie likely at this point. Just call his bluff and play the rest of the season. S&T in the offseason. If a trade does happen, I see Utah in the middle, not the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in what I wrote earlier:

That cash amount is impossible. The rules limit the amount of cash included in trades, and the Spurs are currently at $4,863,000, for the maximum amount they could receive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're throwing out trades...let's get Brooklyn off Simmons..

LA- Kyrie

Brooklyn- WB, McD, and Josh + LA 2029 1st

Spurs- Simmons, LA 2027 1st, and LA 2028 swap
    If you think Simmons is a head case now, just wait until he learns he's been traded to an expansion team way down in San Antonio,Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny post about Spur accountants freaking out over some of these trade scenarios.

But I do wonder if we have anybody in the front office that can think outside the box and consider a complex 3 team trade like this, as well as pull it off? The old Pop/Burford team certainly didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny post about Spur accountants freaking out over some of these trade scenarios.

But I do wonder if we have anybody in the front office that can think outside the box and consider a complex 3 team trade like this, as well as pull it off? The old Pop/Burford team certainly didn't.
    Didn't the old front office pull the Hedo Turkogku trade out of thin air and creativity? I believe Brad Miller was involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol just wanna say that nazi trash Kyrie Herrving

Thread Information