Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jeez. Read up please. DC in advance requested national guard support to help with traffic control, at metro stops, etc. They were given 350. They were unarmed. That is what the memo specifically referred to...the rules for those 350 guardsmen assisting the DC police. Read the first paragraph of the memo that you posted.
    Those were the only National Guard officers available to help at the Capitol when the riot started and they were forbidden from doing so.

All the other National Guard troops were held out of action by SECDEF for almost four hours after the riot started. That’s nothing to do with Pelosi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not playing this game. I have explained it to you multiple times and you are still too stupid and illiterate to get it., so off, dumbass. your schtick is getting old and tired

is that like you pretending you’re not 100% a party of Trump Republican?

you post nothing but republican talking points. That party is dedicated itself to worshiping at the altar of Trump. You are in that party. You parrot all of things they tell you to think. You will vote again for Ted Cruz because you are a party of trumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what facts. CC is straight gaslighting and making stuff up.
    https://clear.ucdavis.edu/explainers...roduce-methane

When animals are criticized for the part they play in climate change, most often it’s the cattle that take it on the chin. While beef and other products that come from cattle are popular in the United States and abroad, what cattle are often singled out for is the result of a digestive system that differs from those of poultry and swine, two other favorite sources of protein.

Cattle are ruminant animals and are in the company of about 200 other ruminant species– including sheep, goats, buffalo, deer, elk, giraffes and camels. What characterizes a ruminant animal is a specialized digestive system that allows them to break down and digest food that is undigestible by non-ruminants, such as humans. In fact, Eighty-six percent of global livestock feed is material that is not edible for humans.

So how are ruminants able to digest this material?

Instead of one compartment in the stomach, they have four. One of them – the rumen – allows them to store partially digested food and let it ferment. They later regurgitate the food and finish the digestive process.

As grass and other vegetation ferments in the rumen, it produces the greenhouse gas, methane, as well as a host of other byproducts. (Incidentally, decomposing food in landfills does the same thing). The methane is then expelled by the cow, mainly through belching. But cattle also offer a chance to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and are able to act as upcyclers of foods we humans cannot consume.

In California, two-thirds of all agricultural land is marginal, meaning that we can’t grow human edible crops with this land, but we can graze and grow cattle on it. In this way cattle are able to upcycle nutrients humans cannot utilize, and convert plants on marginal lands into high quality protein we can utilize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When animals are criticized for the part they play in climate change, most often it’s the cattle that take it on the chin. While beef and other products that come from cattle are popular in the United States and abroad, what cattle are often singled out for is the result of a digestive system that differs from those of poultry and swine, two other favorite sources of protein.

Cattle are ruminant animals and are in the company of about 200 other ruminant species– including sheep, goats, buffalo, deer, elk, giraffes and camels. What characterizes a ruminant animal is a specialized digestive system that allows them to break down and digest food that is undigestible by non-ruminants, such as humans. In fact, Eighty-six percent of global livestock feed is material that is not edible for humans.

Instead of one compartment in the stomach, they have four. One of them – the rumen – allows them to store partially digested food and let it ferment. They later regurgitate the food and finish the digestive process.

As grass and other vegetation ferments in the rumen, it produces the greenhouse gas, methane, as well as a host of other byproducts. (Incidentally, decomposing food in landfills does the same thing). The methane is then expelled by the cow, mainly through belching. But cattle also offer a chance to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and are able to act as upcyclers of foods we humans cannot consume.

In California, two-thirds of all agricultural land is marginal, meaning that we can’t grow human edible crops with this land, but we can graze and grow cattle on it. In this way cattle are able to upcycle nutrients humans cannot utilize, and convert plants on marginal lands into high quality protein we can utilize.
    Thank, I didn’ t mean the cows.

But kudos for the off-topic accuracy. My broader point about your spin and distortion in this one remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically, they don't fart. They belch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (I gave CC too much credit. Whenever he bows up like he couldn't possibly be wrong, he's wrong.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Email gmail link wtf

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Manchin tick tock tick tock t-minus 20 months until his de facto presidency is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'How embarrassing': Journalist highlights right-wingers' 'painfully stupid' arguments against DC statehood

the District of Columbia shouldn't have statehood because

Washington, D.C residents can influence "the national debate" with yard signs.

D.C. shouldn't have statehood because it doesn't have its own landfill.

"D.C. would be the only state without an airport, without a car dealership, without a capitol city, without a landfill…. We could go on and on and on."

"It is not the Cons ution that stands in the way of D.C. statehood.

It is a political party that would rather deny equal suffrage to 700,000 Americans than cede any modi of power."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/03/arg...-dc-statehood/

Heritage stink tank is full of

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course this would be a partisan issue and the Dems would support it, 102 senators and 51 states just doesn't feel right. I wouldn't mind it too bad if they gave DC statehood but in turn revoked Hawaii's status as a state and made it more of a colony commonwealth like Guam. It would make more sense. Hawaii shouldn't be a ing state. It's halfway across the ing Pacific Ocean and a quarter of a way around the world. Might as well give our military base near Baghdad statehood as well.

I do agree that DC should have 3 house of representatives reps to match their electoral college votes, but how do you zone-off such a small district? Maybe just make them like senators where you have open primaries for all 3 positions and the candidates with the top 3 % of total votes each get a seat for that two-year term.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 03-22-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course this would be a partisan issue and the Dems would support it, 102 senators and 51 states just doesn't feel right. I wouldn't mind it too bad if they gave DC statehood but in turn revoked Hawaii's status as a state and made it more of a colony commonwealth like Guam. It would make more sense. Hawaii shouldn't be a ing state. It's halfway across the ing Pacific Ocean and a quarter of a way around the world. Might as well give our military base near Baghdad statehood as well.

I do agree that DC should have 3 house of representatives reps to match their electoral college votes, but how do you zone-off such a small district? Maybe just make them like senators where you have open primaries for all 3 positions and the candidates with the top 3 % of total votes each get a seat for that two-year term.
    Better yet merge the two Dakotas, no need for that to be two states.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ah yes let's decide how our government works based purely on the fact that we use a number system that is base 10. And ignore that there were 48 senators pre hawaii

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet merge the two Dakotas, no need for that to be two states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are essentially arguing DC residents don't deserve representation because most of them are registered Democrats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all paying attention, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, USVI, Northern Marianas?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all paying attention, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, USVI, Northern Marianas?
    PR should be split into two states like Dakota. make DC two states too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time getting interested in the merits of DC statehood when the motivations of everyone involved, for or against it, are purely political. All that's going on here is an attempt to find new battlegrounds for red team and blue team to fight on. DC becomes a state, giving blue team two more senators and a house seat, then red team responds by wanting to split West Virginia into East West Virginia and West West Virginia, so on and so forth. Not much different than stacking the supreme court tbh. With both democrats and republicans now considering collaboration with the other party paramount to an act of treason each team is looking for creative ways to increase their power, with the ultimate goal of being able to ram through their agendas with little or no support from across the aisle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time getting interested in the merits of DC statehood when the motivations of everyone involved, for or against it, are purely political. All that's going on here is an attempt to find new battlegrounds for red team and blue team to fight on. DC becomes a state, giving blue team two more senators and a house seat, then red team responds by wanting to split West Virginia into East West Virginia and West West Virginia, so on and so forth. Not much different than stacking the supreme court tbh. With both democrats and republicans now considering collaboration with the other party paramount to an act of treason each team is looking for creative ways to increase their power, with the ultimate goal of being able to ram through their agendas with little or no support from across the aisle.
    the senate is already grossly imbalanced with respect to representation... leaving it at the status quo is also a political motivation

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the senate is already grossly imbalanced with respect to representation... leaving it at the status quo is also a political motivation
    Completely agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 (so-called) Dem Senators represent 40M+ MORE people than 50 Repug Senators.

Combined with the Electoral college and both weaponized by the fascist Capitalists financing the fascist Repugs, the unchangeable, archaic, ed up Cons ution has really ed up America.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-22-2021 at 09:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Passes House

Thread Information