Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and your statement that he always makes a 3 just when the team really needs it? He's averaging 13 points per game, period. It's 13 points, no matter where it comes.
    Forgetting about when Forbes' points come, he's third on the team in scoring behind only DeRozan and Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like a marketing opportunity. Just leave out the part where shooting over him turns scrubs into All-Stars. And running through him. And around him.

Having Forbes in the SL is like finding a $100 bill, but having a hole in your pocket and losing it... plus all the other money you worked for. He's money - you just don't get to keep it.
    we all know that, but that's not the issue. The issue is still the coach. He wants to play Forbes and Mills so he splits them up (even though he still finds ways to play them together). Forbes off the bench would work. Would probably be one of the better bench players in the NBA. Spurs just gotta trade him or Mills and I'd say trade the more expensive contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgetting about when Forbes' points come, he's third on the team in scoring behind only DeRozan and Aldridge.
    Interesting, Russ. So do you think that Bryn is the 3rd most important player on the team then? You think he's a legit starter in this league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, Russ. So do you think that Bryn is the 3rd most important player on the team then? You think he's a legit starter in this league?
    I think he's a legit starter for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember the 3 that Tim drilled in Phoenix, and what that meant? All I said was that Lonnie came down with purpose and drilled that shot. I haven't seen anyone else on this roster doing that. And games like this can turn around a season.
    Oh, and your statement that he always makes a 3 just when the team really needs it? He's averaging 13 points per game, period. It's 13 points, no matter where it comes.
    Which is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a legit starter for this team.
    You're right, he's a perfect starter for an 8-14 team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The naivete of talking about Forbes like he's supposed to be a defensive stopper
    Wow, that's an impressive strawman.

No one expects Forbes to be a defensive stopper. If he were average on defense or even below-average-but-competes at even a Matt Bonner level, that'd be great.

But multiple advanced stats literally find Forbes to be the worst defender in the NBA. And, again, it's not even his fault, really. He's usually in the right position and he usually knows what he's supposed to be doing. The problem is his lack of size or length combined with a lack of athleticism makes it impossible to competently compete on the defensive end against other starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    couldn't have said it any better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because he's a motherCHUCKER who takes way too many shots than I've been comfortable with all this time. He has the greenest of green lights so it's no wonder he's third in scoring. Gay, White and Murray would average more points a game if they took as many shots as Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone thinking Forbes was ever seriously considered to be an nba starter

this is like thinking Ime Udoka was a failed experiment as a starter starter

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thst last foul to exit game is exactly why Bryn doesn't belong as a starter. He acted all upset, pop wasnt buying it. You don't foul a shooter but was anyone actually surprised. Only Bryn was.

Watch the replay. Its quite funny to see his and pops quick interaction . At that time of the game if the s purs lost. We all be having Bryn for breakfast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because he's a motherCHUCKER who takes way too many shots than I've been comfortable with all this time.
    Forbes had 25 points on only 13 shots last night. This is too easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes had 25 points on only 13 shots last night. This is too easy.
    Moving the goalpost. We're talking about the season, not one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But multiple advanced stats literally find Forbes to be the worst defender in the NBA. And, again, it's not even his fault, really. He's usually in the right position and he usually knows what he's supposed to be doing. The problem is his lack of size or length combined with a lack of athleticism makes it impossible to competently compete on the defensive end against other starters.
    GOAT coach putting players in a position to succeed?

Mission Impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And last I looked 3rd in minutes played and the team isn’t good with him playing that many minutes and having that large a role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thst last foul to exit game is exactly why Bryn doesn't belong as a starter. He acted all upset, pop wasnt buying it. You don't foul a shooter but was anyone actually surprised. Only Bryn was.

Watch the replay. Its quite funny to see his and pops quick interaction . At that time of the game if the s purs lost. We all be having Bryn for breakfast.
    He always has that aw shucks dammit overreaction when he makes defensive mistakes, which is a lot of them. I don’t think anyone buys it anymore, he just sucks on defense period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been one of Forbes biggest defenders but the argument was always that he filled in admirably last season in a role that he was never meant to play. The assumption was that he wouldn't need to do that with a healthy Murray. That he'd be better suited in a situational/spark plug type role.

The real problem is that Pop didn't get the memo, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes isn't built for the NBA. He's the ultimate over-achiever, but he doesn't have the physical tools to contribute as a starter at this level. He and Mills should share about 15-18 minutes a game and lead the towel waving crew from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This scrub has played 220 games and has started 115 of those (which is over half for the math illiterate).

Only on this team. This feel good story needs to have a conclusion on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that's an impressive strawman.

No one expects Forbes to be a defensive stopper. If he were average on defense or even below-average-but-competes at even a Matt Bonner level, that'd be great.

He is Steve Kerr. Sort of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The moral of the story is that they should have tried to keep Green in 2018. He's still producing more than Forbes and can defend several levels higher.
    On that note - How the did Toronto have the audacity to request Leonard AND Green in a trade...and how the did the Spurs agree to it? When you're trading for a superstar like Leonard, the best player in the league, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING. You don't get another starter-caliber player along with him, I'm sorry. I don't care if you throw in a draft pick and Poeltl. All three of your pieces combined are still less valuable than Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes isn't built for the NBA. He's the ultimate over-achiever, but he doesn't have the physical tools to contribute as a starter at this level. He and Mills should share about 15-18 minutes a game and lead the towel waving crew from the bench.
    Yeah, there's really no need to have both Patty and Forbes on the team. They're the exact same player (undersized SGs whose only NBA skill is shooting). Add in Beli and you've got a y Trio tbh.

Most playoff teams would probably live with having one of those guys on the court for 20-25 mins a game but Pop's got at least one checked-in for the full 48 minutes and many times 2 out of the 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are also the worst defensive team...the person who will be replacing him can also shoot threes and play a LOT more defense
    Apart from Forbes no one can hit the three, NO ONE. He's the only true shooter on the team and that is the tragic part of all this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop chooses a 6’2 undersized 3 point chucker over a 6’10 3 point savage

What a surprise
    It’s the ol zag instead of zig.

Thread Information