Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards are surging into 9th in play in for East, and Westbrook has more triple doubles than rest of league and just tied Oscar's record all time with 181 and also leading league in rebounding since all star game at 6"5".

Joker will rightfully win for a great seasons and some shooter from Golden State will get runner up or Emblid however but this guy perhaps deserves some play. Unreal how hard he competes night in and night out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. And if anyone thinks steph is an mvp, so is bradley beal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragging that ty ass Wiz team to the 8th or 7th seed would be impressive. He won it as a 6th seed. What’s really the difference between that and the 8th seed

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragging that ty ass Wiz team to the 8th or 7th seed would be impressive. He won it as a 6th seed. What’s really the difference between that and the 8th seed
    That team aint any worse than NY. Should Randle get the MVP? And Randle is actually more valuable to his team than Westbrick. Also give Doncic 2 MVP's if Westbrook deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players who win MVP don't necessarily qualify for it by having the same results again. Getting to the bottom of the playoffs in the East isn't a big accomplishment. The Suns have done much more, as have the Jazz and the Knicks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has a compelling case (on paper).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was very anti Westbrook until seeing him play in DC the last 6 months. Guy plays very hard every night and leads league in assists and is leading in rebounds since all star break. Beal is hurt and two games with Atlanta back to back coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a cancer to any real organization. We all know he can beast, but he's a stat and that's the only reason anyone even notices him.

He can't shoot for . He can only run full speed to the rim and have his team box out so he can rebound. His assists are often one pass in the possession assists, meaning plan A failed. Plan A is him scoring.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Imagine if you will a statistical anomaly defying the physical limitations of the human body and constructing layer by layer the importance and value of individual performance over efficiency and chemistry in a team sports. Further, envision that perception which belies common sense and reason being advocated by those with lunatic logic in attempts to bolster individual achievement with mediocre and even poor results over team success. On this episode of the Twilight zone...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine surging to the 9-seed in a weak conference being an argument for giving someone MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a cancer to any real organization.
    Not true. He was great at UCLA when Ben Howland actually got him playing defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team aint any worse than NY. Should Randle get the MVP? And Randle is actually more valuable to his team than Westbrick. Also give Doncic 2 MVP's if Westbrook deserves it.
    True. By that argument might as well have had DeRozan in the MVP running until a few games ago since Beal >> White, Murray or anyone else on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As John Wooden said: never confuse activity for accomplishment. He still takes stupid shots, and his team is +2.1 pts per 100 possessions when he's off the floor. Entertaining fool's gold, not even in the MVP discussion for a moment.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    As John Wooden said: never confuse activity for accomplishment. He still takes stupid shots, and his team is +2.1 pts per 100 possessions when he's off the floor. Entertaining fool's gold, not even in the MVP discussion for a moment.
    And he steals rebounds from bigs instead of guarding his matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is just doubling down on a re ed thread he made upstairs about how great the Wizards organization is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he steals rebounds from bigs instead of guarding his matchup
    Yeah, I wish someone would do an analysis of how many fast breaks teams get while playing against Westbrook because he's always hunting rebounds instead of getting back on D.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not what you wanted, but still telling stat. Applies for players who played more than 30 minutes per game. Three years old, but I watched Wizards vs Pacers yesterday and believe me, nothing has changed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...han_westbrook/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I wish someone would do an analysis of how many fast breaks teams get while playing against Westbrook because he's always hunting rebounds instead of getting back on D.
    His teammates also defer to him on the break by giving up an assist to him. He never runs a flag pattern break, always one that can result in an assist for him.

On thing you can rest assured of - he's not ignorant when it comes to contracts. You know damn well stats are brought up in contract negotiations, so from that angle I don't blame him. The OKC crew must have been really pounded on the stat sheet during contract negotiations based on how they've collectively decided to stat stuff in their respective careers.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if you will a statistical anomaly defying the physical limitations of the human body and constructing layer by layer the importance and value of individual performance over efficiency and chemistry in a team sports. Further, envision that perception which belies common sense and reason being advocated by those with lunatic logic in attempts to bolster individual achievement with mediocre and even poor results over team success. On this episode of the Twilight zone...

We went through the Twilight Zone a few years ago and just kept going.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We went through the Twilight Zone a few years ago and just kept going.
    The NBA didn't want the humiliation of telling a guy who averaged a triple-double that he wasn't the real MVP.
    Now, they just have to take the hit because giving this guy a second MVP on a mediocre team would be a bigger humiliation.

Thread Information