Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    attacking the investigation as illegitimate was such an unnecessary leap tbh... and only reeked of insecurity. better thing would have been to let it play out. mueller's report ultimately made no finding of collusion. that should have been a slam dunk on its own*. instead they doubled down on this which is just going to backfire.

*notwithstanding the obstruction of justice... more self-inflicted wounds
    The only one's doubling down are those in this thread swallowing up the report from WP by Devlin Barrett who is receiving leaks from those implicated in the IG report. The same thing happened with reporting from the Devlin Barrett during the Mueller investigation when he was receiving leaks from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, how did that turn out? It's the same people leaking to him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our review did not find evidence to connect the political views expressed in these messages to the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed; rather, consistent with the analytic approach described
    above, we found that these specific decisions were the result of discretionary judgments made during the course of an investigation by the Midyear agents and prosecutors and that these judgment calls were not unreasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We concluded that Comey’s unilateral announcement
    was inconsistent with Department policy and violated
    long-standing Department practice and protocol by,
    among other things, criticizing Clinton’s uncharged
    conduct. We also found that Comey usurped the
    authority of the Attorney General, and inadequately and
    incompletely described the legal position of Department
    prosecutors.
    Comey ed up in commenting on uncharged issued relating to Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We found no evidence that the
    conclusions by the prosecutors were affected by bias or
    other improper considerations; rather, we determined
    that they were based on the prosecutors’ assessment of
    the facts, the law, and past Department practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With respect to these investigations, we agreed with the
    FBI’s chief ethics official that McCabe was not at any
    time required to recuse under the relevant authorities.
    we did not find that Kadzik released
    non-public information or misused his official position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you link me to the report? k thx
    https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Knock yourself out pizza boichik. 500+ pages.

Longer than the Mueller report you haven't read yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so basically there was some misconduct in some form or another, but not to the extent that the validity of the application/warrant are called into question
    Pretty much.

They even concluded that the decision not to prosecute Clinton, was pretty well supported by policy and generally held prosecutor principles, i.e. not politically motivated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comey ed up in commenting on uncharged issued relating to Clinton.
    ... violated longstanding FBI protocol that if no indictment, then silence.

He went on a much-hyped, much-anticipated national TV event to trash Hillary.

And then w/o reading emails found on Huma's PC, told ING Nunes who then, of course, leaked to the public, 10 days before the election, with Silver reporting movement away from Hillary in the 3 states that EC elected Trash, by 80K votes out of 130M+ votes.

Comey to .

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Knock yourself out pizza boichik. 500+ pages.

Longer than the Mueller report you haven't read yet.
    Are you trolling or do you think this IG report from 2018 is the one we are discussing?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So mccabe and comey NOT in prison?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's right there for everyone to read is how far you keep moving the goalposts in order to try and save face.

You were full of . The only reason we are going back in forth is because you are too much of a coward to just admit it and move on.

Real talk, no troll, but can you explain what you think is happening right now with everything going on with the President and what you think the end result will be; re-election, impeachment, etc.?

Very interested to see what you think is going to happen and your take on what's going on now.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

They even concluded that the decision not to prosecute Clinton, was pretty well supported by policy and generally held prosecutor principles, i.e. not politically motivated.
    Holy you do think we are discussing the previously released report

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Real talk, no troll, but can you explain what you think is happening right now with everything going on with the President and what you think the end result will be; re-election, impeachment, etc.?

Very interested to see what you think is going to happen and your take on what's going on now.
    I'm not even 100% sure the house votes to impeach, the purpose of the hearings was to sway undecideds and they have been a total flop having had the opposite effect on independents. Even if they vote to impeach it's DOA in the Senate.
    The IG report will show Trump was targeted by the intelligence community before, during, and after the election and he'll maximize the findings politically and be re-elected in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you trolling or do you think this IG report from 2018 is the one we are discussing?
    Hmmm.

Nope. Made that exact mistake.

Tried to find "OIG report text" and didn't look at the date on the cover page.

I was wondering why it didn't talk much about the FISA applications you seemed to be talking about which makes sense in hindsight.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Hmmm.

Nope. Made that exact mistake.

Tried to find "OIG report text" and didn't look at the date on the cover page.

I was wondering why it didn't talk much about the FISA applications you seemed to be talking about which makes sense in hindsight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sorry if this was posted but seems pretty serious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will always cop to mistakes. This was one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even 100% sure the house votes to impeach, the purpose of the hearings was to sway undecideds and they have been a total flop having had the opposite effect on independents. Even if they vote to impeach it's DOA in the Senate.
    The IG report will show Trump was targeted by the intelligence community before, during, and after the election and he'll maximize the findings politically and be re-elected in 2020.
    Trump's campaign was targeted because it had an unusual amount of Russian contacts, as well as its candidate actively stating he wanted help.

I have little doubt the IG report will be used to spin by Trump for the gullible dolts that comprise his base.

"he'll maximize the findings politically and be re-elected in 2020" is a statement that will haunt you.

life outside the bubble looks a lot different. Keep drinking the coolaid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Trump's campaign was targeted because it had an unusual amount of Russian contacts"

Feds knews Trash was involved with Russia in the 1980s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only one's doubling down are those in this thread swallowing up the report from WP by Devlin Barrett who is receiving leaks from those implicated in the IG report. The same thing happened with reporting from the Devlin Barrett during the Mueller investigation when he was receiving leaks from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, how did that turn out? It's the same people leaking to him now.
    so then what's with that other report of Barr disagreeing with IG's conclusions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sorry if this was posted but seems pretty serious
    sorry TSA, leaks are good now

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so then what's with that other report of Barr disagreeing with IG's conclusions?
    Also written by Devlin Barrett. And it wasn’t conclusions, it was a conclusion, that the FBI had enough information in July 2016 to justify launching an investigation into members of the Trump campaign.

Within the same article “Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement that the inspector general investigation “is a credit to the Department of Justice. His excellent work has uncovered significant information that the American people will soon be able to read for themselves. Rather than speculating, people should read the report for themselves next week, watch the Inspector General’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, and draw their own conclusions about these important matters.”

Devlin has consistently been who Strzok, Page, etc run to leak to when they need spin. This was all revealed when their text messages were published. Have you learned nothing from the leaks that were bull during the Russia investigation? Same now.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    sorry TSA, leaks are good now
    It’s not about good or bad but accuracy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. How long have you been pimping this IG report? Is this a new report, or is this the one you went "all-in on" months and months ago?

And I think he somehow pulls re-election off, too.

Thread Information