Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think he’s legit? Or stealing Timvps work?
    DOUBT.

The Spurs related corner of the internet is nothing without copying from Spurstalk.

Multiple times people on RealGM have ripped off my threads and posts. And I don't just mean a general idea or interesting stat. I mean long ass 5-10 paragraph copy-paste jobs.

And those who were around at the time remember ESPN insider ripping off timvp.

I don't think I've ever seen any original thought or interesting take that wasn't first on ST, or at least simultaneous and independently on ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOUBT.

The Spurs related corner of the internet is nothing without copying from Spurstalk.

Multiple times people on RealGM have ripped off my threads and posts. And I don't just mean a general idea or interesting stat. I mean long ass 5-10 paragraph copy-paste jobs.

I don't think I've ever seen any original thought or interesting take that wasn't first on ST, or at least simultaneous and independently on ST
    Most of the garbage from PTR (it is 99% garbage) stems from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOUBT.

well that means we have a lot of good takes I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say, I'm not impressed by the brain trust over at Pounding the Rock's comment sections:

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2022...draft#comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All signs point to Jalen Duren being the pick. From Larry Brown advising the team to draft him to the Spurs being widely regarded to want to draft a center to the team asking Duren not to reveal his workout with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he hd no idea about primo last year
    Tbh, I posted about Primo to the Spurs talk minutes before last draft ... but I assumed the talk was regarding Primo to the Spurs in the second round, not 12th overall.

I think I've learned my lesson this time around but, then again, I still won't be ready for the Spurs taking a Max Christie or a Dalen Terry at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re the Larry Brown endorsement of Duren...maybe pump the breaks. It was Larry Brown who highly recommended Jackie Butler to the Spurs, which proved to have been a disastrous move which ultimately cost us Scola to get rid of Butler. So maybe caveat emptor with any of Brown's recommendations. He's in his 80s now and maybe the games passed him by. For the record, I do think Duren will be a very good player and wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.
    This was word for word my thoughts when I heard that LB was endorsing Duren. The Jackie Butler recommendation and subsequent Scola trade to dump his contract still hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All signs point to Jalen Duren being the pick. From Larry Brown advising the team to draft him to the Spurs being widely regarded to want to draft a center to the team asking Duren not to reveal his workout with them.
    FWIW, I read somewhere that Dieng shares the same agency I believe as Duren and he too was mum on workouts with any teams.
    I'm still saying that Dieng will be the selection at #9, as Dejounte called it early on the value of 'Cs' as lottery picks and timvp later reiterated it in subsequent articles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was word for word my thoughts when I heard that LB was endorsing Duren. The Jackie Butler recommendation and subsequent Scola trade to dump his contract still hurts.
    Thank you for the validation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I posted about Primo to the Spurs talk minutes before last draft ... but I assumed the talk was regarding Primo to the Spurs in the second round, not 12th overall.

I think I've learned my lesson this time around but, then again, I still won't be ready for the Spurs taking a Max Christie or a Dalen Terry at 9.
    But Jalen Williams at 9 does seem like a possibility…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren (probably) won't be a all star but I really do'nt see any non center player who would be worth passing on him and what he brings at #9, in this pretty average draft. As expected, after a few weeks of irrational hype (mostly from agents) where every candidate was amazing or "intriguing", we're back to earth where many of these young players appear with flaws and there's no "no brainer" at #9.
    Dieng? Please, nothing about the kid but he might end up as a fringe end of the bench player and will probably fall to the 20s. But it says about this draft that he's in the lottery discussion for some.

I stick to my man, Duren. Who doesn't want some Murray-Duren lob fiesta?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious if there was anybody that the fans wanted, that the team loved and wanted to pick (and had the chance to
    pick) but at the last second the team picked somebody else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious if there was anybody that the fans wanted, that the team loved and wanted to pick (and had the chance to
    pick) but at the last second the team picked somebody else?
    Two years ago, Haliburton. Last year, Sengun. As for team wishes, we rarely learn what the front office wants.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully these players of interest are purposefully leaked to ensure our actual targets are still around. After drafting Primo, falsely pumping up cherubs like Christie and Houstan would be good deception. Unfortunately, doubt that’s the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, I read somewhere that Dieng shares the same agency I believe as Duren and he too was mum on workouts with any teams.
    I'm still saying that Dieng will be the selection at #9, as Dejounte called it early on the value of 'Cs' as lottery picks and timvp later reiterated it in subsequent articles.
    Would *love* this but timvp said in this mock draft that Dieng has not been on their radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was reading an article that said a lot of guys that fall into the 2nd round will probably fall deep into the 2nd round because a lot of teams are asking prospects if they’d accept a 2-way deal and a lot of them are declining… if the spurs keep pick 38 it’ll definitely be a stash or someone we haven’t discussed that would accept a 2 way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren (probably) won't be a all star but I really do'nt see any non center player who would be worth passing on him and what he brings at #9, in this pretty average draft. As expected, after a few weeks of irrational hype (mostly from agents) where every candidate was amazing or "intriguing", we're back to earth where many of these young players appear with flaws and there's no "no brainer" at #9.
    Dieng? Please, nothing about the kid but he might end up as a fringe end of the bench player and will probably fall to the 20s. But it says about this draft that he's in the lottery discussion for some.

I stick to my man, Duren. Who doesn't want some Murray-Duren lob fiesta?
    Sochan brings the lob game with MUCH better defensive switchibility. We need a PF more than a center provided Poeltl stays of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the players that will definitely be gone before the spurs pick (ninth) will be: smith, holmgren, banchero, ivey and murray. from, there it gets murky. dyson daniels could slip, davis could move up. sharpe could drop as well. i think mathurin and daniels are the most likely to be gone before the spurs pick but there's an outside shot at these two.and i think the spurs have a more than fair shot at sochan, davis, sharpe and duren. jalen williams, mark williams, griffin and dieng will be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would *love* this but timvp said in this mock draft that Dieng has not been on their radar.
    That’s exactly what a team that doesn’t want other teams to know that a player is on their radar would say…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the point of linking Brown with the Scola trade and that being a strike against Duren.. They had their chances to sign Scola multiple times but just weren't smart enough.

Their "Woe is us, Scola buyout too hard! He never NBA." routine blew up in their stupid faces when Morey near instantly signed him to the same deal that his agent was reportedly asking for forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO that's the biggest risk: trying to outsmart ourselves. The swing for the fences type picks flopped (Samanic) or are yet to show anything of note (Primo), while those who did work out were actually the ones involving players who consensus had going higher (DM, KJ), and happened to fall into our lap. In fact, we PASSED on Keldon Johnson once, and unexpectedly lucked into finding him again at 29 with the second pick.

Every time we passed on a player that consensus would have us take (Haliburton in 2020, Sengun in 2021), our choices actually fared worse, and in all cases where our picks outperformed their rank, we were relegated to a passive role and no choice but to let the board do the filtering for us. So yes, I am concerned that we fall into that temptation again, believing we can sweep through the mud to find that hidden gem no one else sees, likely because it's not there, and miss the value in front of our noses.
    Something that has come out in the last few months was that Haliburton WANTED to go to Sacto (WTF), and told other teams that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan brings the lob game with MUCH better defensive switchibility. We need a PF more than a center provided Poeltl stays of course.
    Most assume Sochan is gone before the Spurs pick at #9. If both are there, I think Sochan is a no-brainer. But that isn't likely given he's getting looks as high as #4 and had dinner with Pels (#7) brass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most assume Sochan is gone before the Spurs pick at #9. If both are there, I think Sochan is a no-brainer. But that isn't likely given he's getting looks as high as #4 and had dinner with Pels (#7) brass.
    There's a lot of swing to Sochan right now. I'm seeing more drafts dropping him to 13 or so. I see a chance he goes before the Spurs but if he doesn't, then Washington, NYC are unlikely to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the point of linking Brown with the Scola trade and that being a strike against Duren.. They had their chances to sign Scola multiple times but just weren't smart enough.

Their "Woe is us, Scola buyout too hard! He never NBA." routine blew up in their stupid faces when Morey near instantly signed him to the same deal that his agent was reportedly asking for forever.
    Why not link Brown with the Scola trade? Had we not followed Brown's recommendation to sign Butler, we would've never had to include Scola as an inducement to take Butler. As far as the Spurs trying to sign Scola numerous times, that was never the case because Scola's agent stupidly allowed Scola to sign a contract with a European team. Look, the point is we need to be careful taking recommendations from the likes of guys like Larry Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of swing to Sochan right now. I'm seeing more drafts dropping him to 13 or so. I see a chance he goes before the Spurs but if he doesn't, then Washington, NYC are unlikely to take him.
    I know there's a range for him, but I'm factoring positional depth (lower, relative to guard/wing) and valuing his differentiation as the most versatile defender in the draft. Just seems like a recipe for "riser" on draft night.

Thread Information