Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    My mom just called me from back home in SA and gave me this bad news from the biopsy from early this week. Grandma doesn't know yet. Apparently she's going in on Monday and they're going to give all the details. Hoping for stage 1 or 2, since they said it was just polyps on the liver.

Never drank oddly enough, but she smoked like a chimney most of her life, has been obese the past 10-15 years, and doesn't exercise a lick... but still, . She practically co-raised me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry to hear that. Hope that it’s early stage stuff with an opportunity for it to get better.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sorry to hear that. Hope that it’s early stage stuff with an opportunity for it to get better.
    Right. President Jimmy Carter had it at 90 and survived, with only radiation and surgery and no chemo. Chemo is really bad for someone that age and often defeats the purpose, so I'll probably encourage her to go with just radiation and surgery.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    My mom just called me from back home in SA and gave me this bad news from the biopsy from early this week. Grandma doesn't know yet. Apparently she's going in on Monday and they're going to give all the details. Hoping for stage 1 or 2, since they said it was just polyps on the liver.

Never drank oddly enough, but she smoked like a chimney most of her life, has been obese the past 10-15 years, and doesn't exercise a lick... but still, . She practically co-raised me.
    Judy's church will hold a prayer chain, what is your grandma's name? Judy said she needs that.

Three times I know of it's been smiles all around after one of these prayer chains.

Sorry bro.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Judy's church will hold a prayer chain, what is your grandma's name? Judy said she needs that.
    Millenial Messiah's grandma...God will know the rest

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Millenial Messiah's grandma...God will know the rest
    I think the church gang would prefer Wanda, Maggie, Beth instead of Millenial Messiah's grandma.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if it can be treated, then go get treated, if cant? just go enjoy life man

thats what happen to my friends father who had pancreatic final stage...instead of staying in the hospital, he was around family with his remaining time

then u have clowns who never took care of their family/children aka drunk deadbeat parents, when they stuck inside the hospital nobody even visits them...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My mom had stage 4 gallbladder cancer (basically the same as pancreatic cancer). After surgery (it had invaded/blocked her intestines so they had to remove part so she could eat) we thought she had weeks or a couple of months at best. She got 2 really good years after chemo & radiation treatment. Hardly any side effects during treatment. So you never know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    80's is a solid life span. My last grandparent passed away last year.

I fear Ill lose my father in the next 5 years, he's in his early 70's and stopped cancer spread this calendar year.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    if it can be treated, then go get treated, if cant? just go enjoy life man

thats what happen to my friends father who had pancreatic final stage...instead of staying in the hospital, he was around family with his remaining time

then u have clowns who never took care of their family/children aka drunk deadbeat parents, when they stuck inside the hospital nobody even visits them...
    most guys who have pancreatic get it around 60 and lived a pretty good life before the diagnosis... ate what they want got chubby nobody cared drank smoke etc

There's kind of a fine line between enjoying life drinking smoking eating fast food every day, having a good ol time eating chips in front of the tv etc. vs. living life to live to 120 i.e. eating all organics, veggies and lean meats, very low sugar, kefir, next to no alcohol, exercise every day, no drugs no smoking etc.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Cancer a sucky way to go at any age, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cancer a sucky way to go at any age, imo.
    True. But I suppose that there is something in knowing and having the time to get everything done and say everything you need.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    True. But I suppose that there is something in knowing and having the time to get everything done and say everything you need.
    especially since she fully owns a house in san antonio and don't want it to go to anyone besides me and my mom (we were the only ones who lived with her for the past ~25 years)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What was OPs original user name?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What was OPs original user name?
    gui ude27

The name was invisi-banned in 2011 after going on a huge spamtrum after losing to the Grizzlies in the playoffs in 2011... also the admins/mods changed the favorite team to "Miami Heat" and never changed it back

I just tested it, and it's still invisi-banned
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 11-11-2018 at 04:03 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh, ok

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's sickness. You guys have to stay strong.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Regards to the grandma, Andrew. Hope she gets well so she goes out in comfort when the time comes

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    It's stage 4

Likely started in the breast, fwiw. Liver cancer generally doesn't start in the liver (except for heavy drinkers), it metastasizes to the liver. Her mom, mom's mom and mom's sister all died of breast cancer in their 60s and 70s. No other cancer runs in my family so that's my speculation. Also, my grandma didn't drink.

Lung cancer is another possibility because she smoked a pack a day from age 18-74, but she quit by necessity in 2010 and that's been 8 years so that's a little less likely IMO.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 11-12-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Update

- Oncologist says she has 6 months to live
    - General doctor says she has closer to 3 months

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

sucks man. took care of my grandfather the last yr of his life as he went through radiation just to suc b to cancer himself. it's never easy watching loved ones pass on especially those you're more bonded with. good luck buddy and best wishes.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    UPDATE

After multiple CT scans, biopsies and oncologist's analyses, the source of the metastasis that spread to the liver was Lung cancer, with Stage 1 likely starting in around 2016, the year which ended in her first bout with pneumonia... not surprising. Her lungs were extremely compromised by nearly 60 years of heavy cigarette smoking.

I guess the silver lining is that that is good news for my mom in the long run that it wasn't breast cancer.

Thread Information