Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakeshow is days away from getting Pujols.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakeshow is days away from getting Pujols.
    Yup...and Stern will allow him to carry his bat on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are looking at trading Shannon Brown and Luke Walton for Ramon Sessions.

Double facepalm...
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    deron can shoot like crazy, underated defender especially come playoff time and he can play off ball... and he a smart player. Kobe has matured now and he knows to pass da ball to the dominant player in order 2 get da ring. 6-24 included.
    I made the conscious decision to avoid mentioning Deron, partly because of the recent Slone situation, and partly because I think he might be the best or 2nd best PG in the NBA behind Derrick Rose. And I don't see either player taking any kind of back seat to Kobe. If Kobe can handle deferring, so be it.

Also, I actually think it is possible to get at least Ben Gordon in some kind of realistic way. He would fit like a glove in the triangle, next to a big like Pau and a scorer like Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we know the answer to this question now.

This is why the Spurs rings will forever be sweeter than the bought and paid for rings these mega teams manufacture. No one wanted the Spurs to win, but they did. No top level talents ever joined the Spurs to collude. They just played well every year and had their shots when the time was right. Then you're back to the same old narrative based super team in mega cities shtick. The NBA visits that well yet again. Maybe we'll have 15 years of LA vs Boston. That would be so entertaining.

In some ways you cannot blame AD or Lebron. AD was on a team for years with almost zero help. They did not attract nor invest even with one of the best 1st overall picks since James. Then you look at Lebron, Cleveland was saddling him with the likes of George Hill and JR Smith, and a worn out Kevin Love and he still dragged them to the Finals. The NBA and the franchises are complicit in all of it. It doesn't matter who drafts 1st overall in many instances since that person will be groomed for one of the few coastal teams that attracts free agents.

I guess you can either accept the NBA as a narrative based drama series that wants to keep getting renewed or you can take your ball and go home.
    Last edited by DMC; 12-09-2019 at 12:14 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is why the Spurs rings will forever be sweeter than the bought and paid for rings these mega teams manufacture. No one wanted the Spurs to win, but they did. No top level talents ever joined the Spurs to collude. They just played well every year and had their shots when the time was right.
    Laker-Lover Stern making sure Duncan didn't go to the Celtics might have something to do with all that, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker-Lover Stern making sure Duncan didn't go to the Celtics might have something to do with all that, tbh.
    Laker hater Stern killed the Lakers for almost a decade by stepping in to cancel the CP3 trade after it was a done deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker hater Stern killed the Lakers for almost a decade by stepping in to cancel the CP3 trade after it was a done deal.
    So Kobe is so great because of his five rings. Cp3 got zero. Why would he make a difference?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This true? This is the first I'm hearing about this. Tell me more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So Kobe is so great because of his five rings. Cp3 got zero. Why would he make a difference?
    Kobe and CP3 would have complimented each other well and would have been lethal.

This true? This is the first I'm hearing about this. Tell me more.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/8/13857762/chris-paul-trade-veto-lakers-anniversary-what-if

Last edited by namlook; 12-11-2019 at 04:52 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This is why the Spurs rings will forever be sweeter than the bought and paid for rings these mega teams manufacture. No one wanted the Spurs to win, but they did. No top level talents ever joined the Spurs to collude. They just played well every year and had their shots when the time was right. Then you're back to the same old narrative based super team in mega cities shtick. The NBA visits that well yet again. Maybe we'll have 15 years of LA vs Boston. That would be so entertaining.

In some ways you cannot blame AD or Lebron. AD was on a team for years with almost zero help. They did not attract nor invest even with one of the best 1st overall picks since James. Then you look at Lebron, Cleveland was saddling him with the likes of George Hill and JR Smith, and a worn out Kevin Love and he still dragged them to the Finals. The NBA and the franchises are complicit in all of it. It doesn't matter who drafts 1st overall in many instances since that person will be groomed for one of the few coastal teams that attracts free agents.

I guess you can either accept the NBA as a narrative based drama series that wants to keep getting renewed or you can take your ball and go home.
    How did I miss this post?

Your Spurs have no room. I find it peculiar that the 1996 Spurs went 62-20 that year, but went 20-62 the next. Same roster. And they had a top 50 player. Perhaps they tanked and colluded with Stern to draft some skinny Wake Forest dude? FH

It worked to the tune of 4.61 les* so I guess it's good, right?

And let's talk about the inventor or Load Management, MAGA Pop himself. For years, Jim, Manu, or Pork-her** sat games with the DNP-REST caption next to their names. It was quite predictable too. 3 games in 4 nights, B2Bs, etc., even on nationally televised games - Pop didn't give a John Clawd Van Damn. That's cheating the game and the fans who pay their hard earned cash to attend these games. SMH

But back on topic - the Lakers are not a super team. They only have 2 stars. Many pundits said the Lakers wouldn't amount to this year. Bron is too old. Brow is too injury prone. The Lakers have no bench. Yada yada yada.

They crowned the true super team across the hall. You farmers did too. If ANY team colluded, it was the Toenail Clippers. Nobody saw Paul George going there, or Moe Harkless. Kiwi was expected because the Clipps followed him around smelling his farts all last year. What Paul George did, along with The Logo, was foul (collusion).

This is a player's league. The media tried to strong arm the Pels into sending AD to MAGA Boston. Rich Paul then came thru in the Klutch and the rest is history

*1999 season was a 50-game, strike shortened one. The math: 50/82 = 0.61. That le det year is 0.61.

**"her" is Erin Barry. His teammate's wife. I guess you would call TP a team playa

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know right? That farmer need to stop with all that Hollywood bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe and CP3 would have complimented each other well and would have been lethal.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/8/13857762/chris-paul-trade-veto-lakers-anniversary-what-if

Two ball dominant players complimenting each other

They’d be going at each others throats in about 30 seconds blaming the other for the loss while “taking responsibilities as the leader”

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You gots to be trolling. Kobe and CP would have been lethal. You act like LBJ and Wade (two ball dominant players) wouldn't have worked either. 2 rangs later... 1 rang at the expense of your Spurs

Then Kobe and CP would have been joined by Dwert. Kobe/CP/Dwert would have rang. Mark Cuban knew it. MAGA Pop knew it. Dan Gilbert knew it. So Stern stepped in and nixed the deal.

Funny how things turn out. Stern nixed a perfectly legal deal. CP goes to LA...Clippers and Nawlins "won" the 2012 lottery. Lakers tank and go lotto for 6 years, stacking young assets. Only to end up with the Kang AND Nawlins 2012 #1 lotto pick. Ain't that a beotch?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Two ball dominant players complimenting each other

They’d be going at each others throats in about 30 seconds blaming the other for the loss while “taking responsibilities as the leader”
    Is det how it went down for Bron and Wade?

You act like Kobe couldn't play off ball. He could and would have been thrilled to do so.

Kobe was the defacto PG all them years because we had no one else who could do it. Don't say Fish either. He was more of a SG in a PG's body. Catch, shoot, defend (flp) was his game. He hit some real big shots tho, to his credit 0.4 comes to mind

We got Nash. Finally we have someone to take the ball handling duties from Kobe. Nope! The er got hurt and it never came to fruition. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gots to be trolling. Kobe and CP would have been lethal. You act like LBJ and Wade (two ball dominant players) wouldn't have worked either. 2 rangs later... 1 rang at the expense of your Spurs

Then Kobe and CP would have been joined by Dwert. Kobe/CP/Dwert would have rang. Mark Cuban knew it. MAGA Pop knew it. Dan Gilbert knew it. So Stern stepped in and nixed the deal.

Funny how things turn out. Stern nixed a perfectly legal deal. CP goes to LA...Clippers and Nawlins "won" the 2012 lottery. Lakers tank and go lotto for 6 years, stacking young assets. Only to end up with the Kang AND Nawlins 2012 #1 lotto pick. Ain't that a beotch?
    comparing to Lebron and wade. Kobe and cp3 wouldn’t even be two wades.

I can agree on you on team stacking though. Only thing that got the lakers ringing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is det how it went down for Bron and Wade?

You act like Kobe couldn't play off ball. He could and would have been thrilled to do so.

Kobe was the defacto PG all them years because we had no one else who could do it. Don't say Fish either. He was more of a SG in a PG's body. Catch, shoot, defend (flp) was his game. He hit some real big shots tho, to his credit 0.4 comes to mind

We got Nash. Finally we have someone to take the ball handling duties from Kobe. Nope! The er got hurt and it never came to fruition. SMH

Kobe can be a great second fiddle. Third best all time behind magic and pippen, maybe fourth behind mchale as well

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    comparing to Lebron and wade. Kobe and cp3 wouldn’t even be two wades.

I can agree on you on team stacking though. Only thing that got the lakers ringing.

Trick question: who is a better player, Fish or CP3?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe can be a great second fiddle. Third best all time behind magic and pippen, maybe fourth behind mchale as well
    Kobe (rightfully so) was made 2nd fiddle by Phil in the beginning. By 2003 he was legit 1B at worst. Remember, that was the year he ballooned to 405lbs and saw Kevin T-Rex Willis bust his ass up and down the court...and the blasted Spurs closing out The Forum. SMDH

Trick question: who is the best player on the 2019-2020 Lakers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, your Kobe hatred is showing again. I've said it before, he's the greatest B player in NBA history. So much so that people think he was a legit Alpha cornerstone who could carry teams. He had a motor, but always needed a beefy transmission to drive that .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe (rightfully so) was made 2nd fiddle by Phil in the beginning. By 2003 he was legit 1B at worst. Remember, that was the year he ballooned to 405lbs and saw Kevin T-Rex Willis bust his ass up and down the court...and the blasted Spurs closing out The Forum. SMDH

Klutch. Period.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Klutch. Period.
    Well played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trick question: who is a better player, Fish or CP3?
    Cp3 for sure. I’m waiting on your re ed response though, you have an ability to outdo yourself every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s why the lakers were annihilated in 03 by the spurs and embarrass at the brightest stage by the pistons the next year. Kobe got his alpha wish and proceeded to miss the playoffs and go bounced by the Suns tw times in the first round.

Thread Information