Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's nothing like that. MLK primarily spoke about american problems, Mandela primarily spoke about african problems (besides being the first south african president of color).

Both MLK and Mandela were alive when China was already a communist country with a long record of human right abuses. Are you going to hold them to the same standard that you hold Lebron? Nobody would take you seriously, and rightly so.

The communist party of China was founded in 1921, but we're going to hold Lebron responsible for Hong Kong? Come on, man.
    IT WAS A REALLY LONG TIME AGO! NOT LEBRON'S FAULT!

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular
    6X ST MVP
    This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list.

LaSíSí
    Believe.
    This message is hidden because LaSíSí is on your ignore list.

rofl... let it all out, derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    having to take the time to log out to a cringy alt and then back into your main, thinking that's some sort of burn

I have complete and total mental domination of that loser

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular
    6X ST MVP
    This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list.

LaSíSí
    Believe.
    This message is hidden because LaSíSí is on your ignore list.

rofl... let it all out, derp
    I'm sorry this is happening to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ come on, derp, keep going, tell us all how you really feel

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kick that commie out for violating the face diaper policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bron ting on the haters

LeBron James dunks on 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' haters, plus that epic Michael Jordan 'cameo'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...rs/7988539002/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bron ting on the haters

LeBron James dunks on 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' haters, plus that epic Michael Jordan 'cameo'

Sh** domestic numbers. But that CCP money will come in for him, ElCommie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well maybe Lebron shouldn’t quote MLK the next time he pulls another fake activist act

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James's abysmal Space Jam II making 32 million just confirms there are a lot of stupid consumers out there. This over-yped HS graduate could not have an original idea so he borrowed the great Michael Jordan's work to make coin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James's abysmal Space Jam II making 32 million just confirms there are a lot of stupid consumers out there. This over-yped HS graduate could not have an original idea so he borrowed the great Michael Jordan's work to make coin.
    Hollywood is not about making good movies anymore. It's all about selling brands. For example look at the Fast and Furious movies. I have to admit I'm guilty of watching these movies even though they are not good movies simply because I got hooked on them when the first one came out in '01.

This applies to Lebron because he has a huge brand. His jersey is currently number 1 in NBA sales. So you have to expect his fan base will line up to watch any garbage movie he's in which is going to generate a good amount of cash flow for the movie companies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=daslicer;10556194]Hollywood is not about making good movies anymore. It's all about selling brands. For example look at the Fast and Furious movies. I have to admit I'm guilty of watching these movies even though they are not good movies simply because I got hooked on them when the first one came out in '01.

This applies to Lebron because he has a huge brand. His jersey is currently number 1 in NBA sales. So you have to expect his fan base will line up to watch any garbage movie he's in which is going to generate a good amount of cash flow for the movie companies

It is sad that this seemingly obvious roid using and peripatetic non loyal superstar and non GOAT sells the most jerseys while not speaking out against China.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is sad that this seemingly obvious roid using and peripatetic non loyal superstar and non GOAT sells the most jerseys while not speaking out against China.
    rack em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Rummpd;10556208]
    Hollywood is not about making good movies anymore. It's all about selling brands. For example look at the Fast and Furious movies. I have to admit I'm guilty of watching these movies even though they are not good movies simply because I got hooked on them when the first one came out in '01.

This applies to Lebron because he has a huge brand. His jersey is currently number 1 in NBA sales. So you have to expect his fan base will line up to watch any garbage movie he's in which is going to generate a good amount of cash flow for the movie companies

Don’t do this Thkip !!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Rummpd;10556208]

There is nothing sad about Lebron not speaking out against China and I say this as someone who thinks he's fake. If you want to be sad be sad about how all of our corporations and rich have sold out to appease China just for financial interests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron just cashing in, the haters' tears are just bonus... He's basically just following Dad Killer's playbook...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a movie for kids... same as the original. Why are people getting so butthurt about it? Nobody's forcing you to watch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a movie for kids... same as the original. Why are people getting so butthurt about it? Nobody's forcing you to watch it.
    Same reason they got butthurt when they had to look up to a black president, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's nothing like that. MLK primarily spoke about american problems, Mandela primarily spoke about african problems (besides being the first south african president of color).

Both MLK and Mandela were alive when China was already a communist country with a long record of human right abuses. Are you going to hold them to the same standard that you hold Lebron? Nobody would take you seriously, and rightly so.

The communist party of China was founded in 1921, but we're going to hold Lebron responsible for Hong Kong? Come on, man.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I’m not saying Lebron should champion for rights in Hk, but he shouldn’t shut people up for voicing their concerns for what was happening in HK.

And dividing human rights based on borders is fundamentally against his message. He stood up for black people and blacks are not just confined to the US. It is now clearly an international movement. And yet when it comes to Chinese people, then it’s not just totally fine, but it’s something he won’t even let morey speak about. That’s the problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bron ting on the haters

That chinese market is lucrative. Power move by Lebron. Freedom for tickets, etc….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even read what I wrote? I’m not saying Lebron should champion for rights in Hk, but he shouldn’t shut people up for voicing their concerns for what was happening in HK.
    Who did he shut up? All he got was Trump s and idiots like Ted Cruz trying to gotcha him and the League over their relationship with China.

What you said was that because he was benefiting economically from China, that somehow makes him complicit with anything. It's baloney. At the very least he's silent.

What's hypocritical is going to twitter to denounce China while your own government has a trillion dollar trade deficit with China, meaning that in practice, you're feeding the beast and looking the other way.

And dividing human rights based on borders is fundamentally against his message. He stood up for black people and blacks are not just confined to the US. It is now clearly an international movement. And yet when it comes to Chinese people, then it’s not just totally fine, but it’s something he won’t even let morey speak about. That’s the problem
    This is you making up. He voices specific racial concerns wrt to the United States, a place he lives in and that prides itself in having a moral high ground when it comes to human rights, despite it's the country that probably bombed and killed more civilians in the past century, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who did he shut up? All he got was Trump s and idiots like Ted Cruz trying to gotcha him and the League over their relationship with China.

What you said was that because he was benefiting economically from China, that somehow makes him complicit with anything. It's baloney. At the very least he's silent.

What's hypocritical is going to twitter to denounce China while your own government has a trillion dollar trade deficit with China, meaning that in practice, you're feeding the beast and looking the other way.

This is you making up. He voices specific racial concerns wrt to the United States, a place he lives in and that prides itself in having a moral high ground when it comes to human rights, despite it's the country that probably bombed and killed more civilians in the past century, tbh.
    El & amb no longer sittin' in that tree.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    El & amb no longer sittin' in that tree.

tee, hee.
    I have no beef with amb... I mean, there's plenty to take digs at Lebron for (ie: not 1 not 2, not 3, etc), but the whole China thing is just trying to bait him into politics, IMO

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    We get cheap goods from China. That's what matters.

Thread Information