My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it happening?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it possible for us to sign and trade Patty for George Hill?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's obvious that if lma had anything to say in this matter he would push for a cp3 signing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he proved he cant carry a team. I even pointed out he had a horirble playoffs offensively. Those are the reasons, not the excuses.. I think youre too emotionally invested in that loss still.

I want chris paul, because Aldridge has shown he wont carry the team. I'm advocating getting help.

What can you get for him when his stock is so low? I've said id take a Julius randle trade.

I'm just being realistic. Spurs were the second best team with Leonard this year. Arguably the best. He was a part of it.

Just like he was a big part of why the spurs imploded when kawhi went down.

People dont rebound the same as yesteryear. He's still good at it. Not elite? Thats cool, i can get behind that. I think you're grasping at straws though to avoid the main argument.
    The Spurs were the second best team in the league because of Leonard. Aldridge is like Dale Ellis was on the early 90s Spurs. A name who put up some empty stats but could never be relied on to get you a basket when it mattered. I want Chris Paul too. The only realistic way to open up $32 million or so in capspace to get him is to salary dump Aldridge. You can't trade him for Julius Randle, it doesn't get you the money needed to sign Paul. Trading Gasol doesn't get you there. But if you salary dump Aldridge and get Gasol to opt out for a larger long term deal with a lower base salary you can add Paul, keep Green and Simmons, and have a really strong backcourt rotation. Or if not you add CP3 and lose Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is probably using this to pressure the Clips to make some moves. I wonder how Blake's FA decision will tie into this
    Not likely. They are cash strapped and would be over $300,000,000 just to bring the same team back. Even letting Griffin walk won't give them enough relief to pay another star quality player. They are maxed out on what they can sign and I don't think they even have a first round pick, though I'm not sure. The bigger question is do they want to invest $200,000,000 in Chris Paul from age 32 to 38. That's what he'll be demanding to re-sign and only the Clippers can pay him that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he proved he cant carry a team. I even pointed out he had a horirble playoffs offensively. Those are the reasons, not the excuses.. I think youre too emotionally invested in that loss still.
    You're being a re . I have been calling for the team to dump Aldridge since early in the Houston series. You keep bringing up Golden State even though I keep saying the guy is a because he couldn't even score on the Rockets and their horrible defense. A bigman who can't ing postup James Harden.

And you keep making these strawman arguments. No one expects Aldridge to carry the team. They expect him to be a reliable second option, and he isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a win now league, especially with Kawhi at the beginning of his prime & Aldridge coming up at the end of his. Spurs would be unbelievable with CP3 for at least the next two seasons with CP3 and Murray off the bench. In crunch time go with Murray at the two, and CP3 at the one. Two point guards that can get in the paint, defend and have the ability to pass very well & create. Aldridge would benefit very well especially mid range with CP3, and take some pressure off Kawhi.

Aldridge
    Kawhi
    Green
    Murray
    Paul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a win now league, especially with Kawhi at the beginning of his prime & Aldridge coming up at the end of his. Spurs would be unbelievable with CP3 for at least the next two seasons with CP3 and Murray off the bench. In crunch time go with Murray at the two, and CP3 at the one. Two point guards that can get in the paint, defend and have the ability to pass very well & create. Aldridge would benefit very well especially mid range with CP3, and take some pressure off Kawhi.

Aldridge
    Kawhi
    Green
    Murray
    Paul

That lineup isn't possible. To fit CP3's salary in while dumping Gasol you would have to salary dump Green too. Unless you think the Spurs would salary dump Parker with Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lineup isn't possible. To fit CP3's salary in while dumping Gasol you would have to salary dump Green too. Unless you think the Spurs would salary dump Parker with Gasol.
    I thought the Spurs would have enough if they salary dumped Gasol, Jean-Charles, Forbes & possibly Kyle Anderson. Renounced all their free agents, and Dedmon & Lee don't opt in. Maybe I have the starting salary for Chris off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aldridge
    Kawhi
    Green
    Murray
    Paul

Good chance Green is gone if we sign CP3. As would Gasol (good), Patty, Simmons. So the bench would be Murray, Bertans, Anderson, and some scrubs. The ONLY WAY I'd want CP3 is if he takes a crazy pay cut. Like 4/80-100. Our depth would be absolutely pathetic, otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Spurs would have enough if they salary dumped Gasol, Jean-Charles, Forbes & possibly Kyle Anderson. Renounced all their free agents, and Dedmon & Lee don't opt in. Maybe I have the starting salary for Chris off.
    I can't imagine anyone taking Livio Jean-Charles. Dedmon will opt out but I doubt Lee does after his injury. I could see someone taking Anderson and $2 million, but you dump Forbes and you're only saving maybe $350,000 capspace since you'll get hit with a cap hold for an empty roster spot under 12. If you can dump Anderson and Gasol together but Lee opts in and Dedmon opts out you're still $2.5 million over the cap if you offer Paul something like $32 million starting after factoring in cap holds for empty roster spots under 12. You dump Forbes and you're around $2 million or so over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs could bring in cp3 giving up Green, Parker and Gasol we would have a potential big 4 if Simmons can keep it up.
    We would only need to add a veteran 3&d guy that most likely will come as a ring chaser. As would for any other position we might need.
    But for us to get that serious contender image we would have have to let go of Parker. And show players around the league we are carrying no dead weight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good chance Green is gone if we sign CP3. As would Gasol (good), Patty, Simmons. So the bench would be Murray, Bertans, Anderson, and some scrubs. The ONLY WAY I'd want CP3 is if he takes a crazy pay cut. Like 4/80-100. Our depth would be absolutely pathetic, otherwise.
    I really don't want Green out if the Spurs can land Paul. He'd be getting tons of great looks off penetration like he did 2013-15 when Parker could get to the basket. I would take Green + Simmons + Gasol over Aldridge alone any day, and the former would be possible after maxing CP3 out if Gasol is willing to opt out to sign a longer deal for more total money but a lower 2017-18 base salary, just like Tim Duncan did. Duncan got paid $5.6 million this season while retired, and the Spurs could do the same for Gasol by signing him to a 3 year deal if he's only looking to really play two years.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus christ did you people learn nothing fro the Aldrige signing? CP3 is on the wrong side of 30 renegotiated the CBA so he could get a better payday and probably wouldn't be healthy in the playoffs anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine anyone taking Livio Jean-Charles. Dedmon will opt out but I doubt Lee does after his injury. I could see someone taking Anderson and $2 million, but you dump Forbes and you're only saving maybe $350,000 capspace since you'll get hit with a cap hold for an empty roster spot under 12. If you can dump Anderson and Gasol together but Lee opts in and Dedmon opts out you're still $2.5 million over the cap if you offer Paul something like $32 million starting after factoring in cap holds for empty roster spots under 12. You dump Forbes and you're around $2 million or so over.
    Thanks for the explanation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day in the post season, Spurs may only go with a 8-9 man rotation in the playoffs. Spurs can fill out the rest of the roster with veterans playing for the minimum, for a chance to win a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cp3 makes this team better. Easy opportunities means more points and wins, no surprise Aldridge did better with lillard. He created at least 4 or 5 easy basket per game and Aldridge therefore was a 20+ a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day in the post season, Spurs may only go with a 8-9 man rotation in the playoffs. Spurs can fill out the rest of the roster with veterans playing for the minimum, for a chance to win a championship.
    I get that only 8 guys may be used in the playoffs, but the season is a grind. Playing 8 guys all year could kill us. Kawhi, LMA, Gasol, TP, Manu, Lee, Dedmon, Bertans, Simmons, Patty, Murray, Anderson all got time this year. 12 guys. I'd be really concerned about what the 9-12 guys could contribute with CP3 taking up all the cap. I don't know, maybe they can pull something out of their ass. I trust they'll make a wise move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of Cow-turd but he's right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that only 8 guys may be used in the playoffs, but the season is a grind. Playing 8 guys all year could kill us. Kawhi, LMA, Gasol, TP, Manu, Lee, Dedmon, Bertans, Simmons, Patty, Murray, Anderson all got time this year. 12 guys. I'd be really concerned about what the 9-12 guys could contribute with CP3 taking up all the cap. I don't know, maybe they can pull something out of their ass. I trust they'll make a wise move
    I'm pretty sure Spurs would bring over Hanga, unless Manu would also possibly return hopefully for the minimum. Which would be very appealing for him too if we got CP3. Spurs will probably find a gem from the summer league like they have with Simmons & Neal. A lot of veteran guys on bad teams that want to win a ring also will be available to fill out the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Rumors haven't been this heavy since LMA in '15
    Where there's smoke…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how people think CP3 is going to decline so rapidly from 32-36 years old tbh

Is he going to all of a sudden lose some of his already exceptional court vision?

Is he not going to be able be a pretty good spot up shooter, and not able to pull up on pick n rolls anymore?

Yeah he may lose a step in like two freaking years, but he's already a really good basketball player.

As much as Parker played his ass off on defense against Conley, and before he got hurt. I'm pretty sure I was not the only one who was tired of Conley tearing us up, and Curry getting wide open 3's.

I love Murray, and he is going to be great defensive player just with physical tools alone but he is not ready for those guys yet when the games matter in April. He could learn a lot from Paul also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't initially on the Chris Paul to the Spurs bandwagon but anything that gets either Gasoft or LaSoftus traded is win-win to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information