Page 142 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4810
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So TFloss now works at HornSports?
    Dammit...

No offense to the guys trying to take up the slack.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah imo it’s easy to say win out get to le game and it’s okay but another loss to ou to be 1-5 won’t sit well.
    Herman must win out to keep his job. IMHO

Herman must win out to keep his job. IMHO
    agree. He could just as well lose to KSU and ISU but the next hurdle after KU will be a ranked ISU. And, lest we forget, Strong's Horns were a 24 pt favorite to beat KU in 2016 at Kansas.

Dammit...

No offense to the guys trying to take up the slack.
    new mods are doing great job ! A certain antagonistic poster gets his posts
    deleted in record time ! Haha

Texas4ever doing great job too ! I miss Tfloss as well, but new guys are not missing a beat.
    Thank you !!!

So both our current coordinators are not even close to Head Coach material?
    There is no one from the NFL that could help us?
    Maybe Pete C.

new mods are doing great job ! A certain antagonistic poster gets his posts
    deleted in record time ! Haha
    Texas4ever doing great job too ! I miss Tfloss as well, but new guys are not missing a beat.
    Thank you !!!
    And, without a beat you find a chance to lash out without provocation. "sports and recruitng": I guess attacking is considered a sport since your posts are not deleted

now, that would be interesting

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    now, that would be interesting

he just signed an extension with Seattle

And, without a beat you find a chance to lash out without provocation. "sports and recruitng": I guess attacking is considered a sport since your posts are not deleted
    There’s already been plenty of provocation. Have a good day sir

There’s already been plenty of provocation. Have a good day sir
    not enough for you to keep at it. you are instigating and need to be moderated if moderation is to be fair

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2021 WR Keithron Lee (Bryan Rudder)

https://247sports.com/Player/Keithron-Lee-46099854/
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/10348732/Keithron-Lee

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/Gunnar-Helm-46098641/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Signing day was yesterday for other sports at Texas-

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'm not sure if this tweet is very clear to everyone: it's talking about draft prospects and not recruiting prospects. The implication should be there since the two mentioned are Cosmi and Ossai but still not very clear. Since this list is behind a paywall, I think they should list all the players on the list in the tweet. Additionally, I dont have the time or the interest in verifying the statement, "MOST IN THE STATE OF TEXAS; MOST IN THE BIG 12" so I'm going to assume it is correct.

ESPN Senior Writer Todd McShay released his updated 2021 NFL Draft rankings (link requires subscription) on Monday. To no surprise, Texas left tackle Samuel Cosmi was listed as the No. 13 overall player on McShay’s board.

This will surely solidify Cosmi as a first-round selection next April. If the expectations ring true, he would become the first Texas player selected in the first round since 2015.

13. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas*
    HT: 6-7 | WT: 313 | Grade: 90

Cosmi shows some quick feet for a big lineman and can redirect really well in pass protection. He isn't overpowering, but his hand placement is very good and he doesn't fall off many blocks. As a run-blocker, his angles are strong, and he frequently walks defensive linemen off the line. Cosmi has played both left and right tackle.

32. Joseph Ossai, ILB, Texas*
    HT: 6-4 | WT: 253 | Grade: 88

Ossai does a little bit of everything, and does it all well. In seven games, the hybrid linebacker has 49 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 4.0 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 2 passes broken up. He can play off the ball, can cover as an overhang and can blitz. He makes plays when he is turned loose upfield, thanks to good closing burst. And Ossai is instinctive as a pass-rusher and disciplined as a run defender.

Other Texas Longhorns on McShay’s list

No. 84- Caden Sterns, Safety
    No. 124- Sam Ehlinger, Quarterback

I'm not sure if this tweet is very clear to everyone: it's talking about draft prospects and not recruiting prospects. The implication should be there since the two mentioned are Cosmi and Ossai but still not very clear. Since this list is behind a paywall, I think they should list all the players on the list in the tweet. Additionally, I dont have the time or the interest in verifying the statement, "MOST IN THE STATE OF TEXAS; MOST IN THE BIG 12" so I'm going to assume it is correct.
    ESPN Senior Writer Todd McShay released his updated 2021 NFL Draft rankings (link requires subscription) on Monday. To no surprise, Texas left tackle Samuel Cosmi was listed as the No. 13 overall player on McShay’s board.
    This will surely solidify Cosmi as a first-round selection next April. If the expectations ring true, he would become the first Texas player selected in the first round since 2015.
    Cosmi shows some quick feet for a big lineman and can redirect really well in pass protection. He isn't overpowering, but his hand placement is very good and he doesn't fall off many blocks. As a run-blocker, his angles are strong, and he frequently walks defensive linemen off the line. Cosmi has played both left and right tackle.
    Ossai does a little bit of everything, and does it all well. In seven games, the hybrid linebacker has 49 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 4.0 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 2 passes broken up. He can play off the ball, can cover as an overhang and can blitz. He makes plays when he is turned loose upfield, thanks to good closing burst. And Ossai is instinctive as a pass-rusher and disciplined as a run defender.
    For argument's sake, I think Ossai can squeak into the first round if he continues to play as well as he has this season.

I think 13th is high for Cosmi and he had better start playing better if he is going to make it into the first round

At this point, I think it might be wishful thinking or luck of the draft (Sterns position relative to other Safeties in the draft) for Sterns to make it in the third round or higher. it will probably depend on how he shows at the combine and if he has the metrics to be drafted on potential. In the games, he looks slower than his posted 4.5 speed but that may be due to bad technique (poor first steps, pursuit angles, etc)

IMO, Ehlinger is going to have to prove in the pro days that he can make all the throws consistently to be drafted higher than the 5th round based on his performance so far this season

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count

I'm surprised Sterns is that high on the list. He doesn't really do anything thing good or great tbh.

I'm surprised Sterns is that high on the list. He doesn't really do anything thing good or great tbh.
    agree. He certainly is not living up to expectations but it may be moot at this point. Unless something clicks and he suddenly shows out the rest of the season, it's unlikely he'll get a third round or better NFL Draft grade, which is generally the deciding factor to leave early. Almost assuredly Cosmi and Ossai are gone if they continue as they have so far this season. Ehlinger is the only UT senior on this list so his fate is becoming clearer as the season moves on. However, the monkey-wrench thrown in is that players can have an eligibility bye this season so in theory, Ehlinger can come back next year if his draft grade is not good (and it wont be). Not to bang on the young man because he's been a GREAT Longhorn with a great heart but I think it's time to move on and see what Thompson, Card & JQJ can do.

This from the Inside Texas article:
    Similarly, Texas has three bankable traits working for them every week. Their defensive line play, special teams, and Sam Ehlinger’s steady hand at the helm.

Now getting Ehlinger 63 carries over the last four weeks plus a bunch of extra hits in the pocket have paid an obvious price. Ehlinger missed some first half throws against West Virginia and is missing some burst when he runs, but he had zero turnovers against Oklahoma State or West Virginia while throwing for five touchdowns between the two of them. He’ll get a bye week and then Kansas to help him rest up for the final stretch of Iowa State, at Kansas State, and then potentially the Big 12 championship game with the possibility of another bye beforehand.

Even if he’s beat up though there are three things you get from Ehlinger when he’s on the field. Smart direction of the offense on the field, ball security, and tough inside running in short-yardage. Because all of those things come almost regardless of his relative health, it’s also easier to keep him on the field. A 60-70% Sam Ehlinger can still make a few plays in the air or on the ground while protecting the ball.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information