Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this thread is getting worse and worse by the day
    the spurs future is so bright that la doesn't wanna be a part of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs may have to resign DDR if the young guys don't figure it out by the end of this season. They're still developing and learning. See if DDR will agree to a 3 year deal and try and bring in an under 30 year old PF/C that can make this team a liable playoff contender for the next 3 seasons while the young core continue to grow and get. By then if a few things breaks the Spurs way, Spurs could be ready to challenge for the Championship. By then LBJ, Kawhi, Steph, KD, Harden, etc will be near the end of their primes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs may have to resign DDR if the young guys don't figure it out by the end of this season. They're still developing and learning. See if DDR will agree to a 3 year deal and try and bring in an under 30 year old PF/C that can make this team a liable playoff contender for the next 3 seasons while the young core continue to grow and get. By then if a few things breaks the Spurs way, Spurs could be ready to challenge for the Championship. By then LBJ, Kawhi, Steph, KD, Harden, etc will be near the end of their primes
    They have to overpay guy like John Collins, get rid of Mills, Gay. Think of trading Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR ain’t sticking around with this team unless we offer the Max of something near it . That’s the only way he considers staying in SA imo.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge props to OP for seeing the vision before anyone else tbh. I still believe in our young guards, but there’s only so much they can while behind crippled by a worse version of Jerry Sloan with Parkinson’s.

Free Lonnie to an actual NBA Coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is in need of a top-end talent badly. This would be a great year to have the top pick in the draft. Cade Cunningham is legit and is gonna be a perennial All-Star in this league imo. And his #2 jersey is available with us. If only tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn where were these loser at when we were winning?

All of a sudden, we lose 5 player to covid, than our best player missed a few games and we're ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    la... and future... lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn where were these loser at when we were winning?

All of a sudden, we lose 5 player to covid, than our best player missed a few games and we're ?
    Sometimes you really wonder whether these posters are Spurs fan by the way they comments they would still be miserable if Spurs win a championships bcos their take is wrong. They simply appear just to celebrate Spurs losses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes you really wonder whether these posters are Spurs fan by the way they comments they would still be miserable if Spurs win a championships bcos their take is wrong. They simply appear just to celebrate Spurs losses
    Some have been doing this for over ten years

They're really playing themselves so there's really no need to respond to it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Houston rockets are on a 16 game losing streak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are doing what they need to do. They are being compe ive, but still losing slowly. The roster is not bottom 3. But they will likely not make the playoffs, especially after the brutal schedule and that is a good thing for the Spurs. They have young talent, but no superstars other than whatever level of greatness DDR is. So they need to draft a special player that can get them over the top and the easiest way to get that is in the lottery.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Houston rockets are on a 16 game losing streak.
    yeah, that helps my case:
    the rockets odds of getting the #1 pick are (currently) just as high as minnesota's and detroit's BTW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is in need of a top-end talent badly. This would be a great year to have the top pick in the draft. Cade Cunningham is legit and is gonna be a perennial All-Star in this league imo. And his #2 jersey is available with us. If only tbh.
    This tbh. I've been saying it for a while now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually thought letting LMA go was part of the tanking process. But we really need to let DDR go. I like DDR and I enjoy his game. Even if he isn't clutch like we want him to be, he has great moves to the hoop and a great midrange and he is entertaining to watch from just a basketball perspective without factoring in wins and losses. He's not a number one, but he's too good to play and not make the high end of the lottery or the lower seed of the playoffs. Ultimately, we won't start a true rebuild until he is traded or leaves in free agency.

That said, the Spurs are doing a good job of compiling talent that makes for the possibility of a superstar trade. The problem is that Pop will retire sooner rather than later and I don't see the Spurs being a destination once he's gone. Not that he is a magnet, but at least he is known throughout the league as a great coach that is a player coach that players respect. Once he's gone, there is nothing that would draw people to want to come to SA. And I say that and I'm not the greatest Pop fan at all, but he is a magnet if we have one because he has won les.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I actually thought letting LMA go was part of the tanking process. But we really need to let DDR go. I like DDR and I enjoy his game. Even if he isn't clutch like we want him to be, he has great moves to the hoop and a great midrange and he is entertaining to watch from just a basketball perspective without factoring in wins and losses. He's not a number one, but he's too good to play and not make the high end of the lottery or the lower seed of the playoffs. Ultimately, we won't start a true rebuild until he is traded or leaves in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP dropping truth nukes, owning ST homers per usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some have been doing this for over ten years

They're really playing themselves so there's really no need to respond to it.
    2018 but you know they've been doing it for 10 years? Post on your main, got.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It’s funny, but OP bragged on coming in here often, but he’s on the side of a milk carton for a while now.
    the people on the milk carton are the posters like you.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so far.

imagine if they just let la and demar walk for nothing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean you're not sold on the cavalcade of youth that offers a pathetically low amount of 3-point shooting and shot creation/play making? It must be because you like to whine, troll, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs have the worst future because they'll be nonexistent in 5-10 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP still bumping this thread as if he's right, without explaining how the future of the Spurs franchise hinges on the at-best late 1RP to be gotten out of any deals for the vets, and also not explaining why Houston's (who btw got thoroughly ed in today's Oladipo trade ) picks are inherently more valuable than the Spurs', who have 4+FRP as well....

And wasn't this "prediction" for the "far off future, not just this season", tbh? At least don't make the backpedaling so evident, and wait a little more between bumps

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs have the worst future because they'll be nonexistent in 5-10 years.
    would not surprise me at all tbh.

Thread Information