Page 177 of 207 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh, just about nothing, but just look at Kliff Kingsbury.
    Kliff absolutely deserves to be an OC.

not sure he deserves to be a head coach this soon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kliff absolutely deserves to be an OC. not sure he deserves to be a head coach this soon.
    He obviously deserves to be an OC right now, the question is what about before he ended up as an OC in the first place,

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He obviously deserves to be an OC right now, the question is what about before he ended up as an OC in the first place,
    Kliff had three years as a QB under Leach and as an assistant, he learned from Leach Jr Hologorson while at Houston.

Who did Applewhite learn how to be an OC from?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kliff had three years as a QB under Leach and as an assistant, he learned from Leach Jr Hologorson while at Houston. Who did Applewhite learn how to be an OC from?
    Few coaches that he learned from: Mack Brown, Nick Saban, Todd Graham, Greg Davis, Greg Robinson and Bryan Harsin. Im not saying that he is ready because we won't know until we see results but he has a resume. And yes, I would rather have Kliff than Major right now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And yes, I would rather have Kliff than Major right now.
    of course you would

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    of course you would
    Yup, why not. Even though, Mack doesnt let their OC be free with their own choices. Mack dictates what is done and what is not done. Major was one of the few players in Texas who rebelled against Mack as a play caller and he would audible, Im hoping that Major will do the same as an OC and overrule Mack. But thats highly unlikely.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Exactly

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So whats your point? I dont get it. That Major is not qualified bc Kliff is better? I dont get it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isnt there a RB recruit that we were looking at from Wisconsin as well?
    RB Corey Clement. Committed to Wisconsin and from Glassboro, NJ.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the high school coach of OL/DL Andrew Billings (24/7):

“Well it sounds like we won’t know anything until next month now,” Herbst explained. “Obviously that wasn’t the news I had earlier in the week, but now that’s the news I have at the moment. They’re going to wait until later in January before a decision is made. He’ll hash out a decision after taking the rest of his visits. That’s where things stand right now.”

“I don’t believe he’ll be visiting Arizona State or Missouri now,” said Herbst. “However, he’s going to take an official visit to both Baylor and TCU. Those will happen somewhere in the middle of January sometime. I don’t think the definite dates are set yet, but that’s where he’ll be going. As I said, from there, he’ll be making a decision. So I would look for it to happen mid to late January.”

“Texas offering him at defensive tackle was really big for him,” Herbst told Hookem.com. “He was really excited about that. I think that’s why there was some confusion earlier in the week in regards to his announcement. Them doing that was really big in his eyes.”

“He basically told them that he wasn’t too keen on the idea of playing on the offensive line,” Herbst said. “He said he didn’t really want to. So they talked it over on his official visit and decided it would be best to offer him as a defensive lineman.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @BFeldmanCBS
    Three yrs ago Kliff Kingsbury was making under $20k at Houston. Now he's making $2 million a year at Tech. That's a 9,900% increase. Not too shabby...

Post Count
    Kliff absolutely deserves to be an OC.

not sure he deserves to be a head coach this soon.
    I know, I'm talking about him becoming Tech's head coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DMCComasOB: '14 stud DB Jamal Adams MT @ThaJudgeKO: Univ. of Florida just offered me! All glory to God, Thank you for everything you blessed me with.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So whats your point? I dont get it. That Major is not qualified bc Kliff is better? I dont get it.
    Not really making any point. I asked a question, you answered.You asked a question, I answered. Then you aid something I concurred with.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I know, I'm talking about him becoming Tech's head coach.
    Then yeah....similar to Major.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Major's well coddlefied for this position tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Peter Jenkins.... @RIPS_SHIRT_OFF: Bro Applewhite was doing his thing today I like him in that position rt����

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    they have no head coach, O or D coordinator so obviously nobody else had a chance to get the kid as he just wants to attend that school

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from RB Ke'aun Kinner of Little Elm (24/7):

“Texas came to my school very recently,” said Kinner. “It was the wide receivers coach, Coach (Darrell) Wyatt. He visited with my coaches and visited with me as well. We talked about school, football and that type of stuff.”

“He said that they had another running back decommit so there was a spot open,” Kinner explained. “Coach Wyatt then told me that spot could be mine, but I need to take the ACT and score a certain grade or higher. If that happens, then he’s going to come back and visit with me. That’s when he said that Texas would offer me. I take it in early January, so hopefully everything will get worked out very soon.”

"There’s no doubt that would be a huge deal to me,” he told Hookem.com. “I love Texas. I’m a huge Longhorn fan, so if they offered I would accept. That would be so crazy. I’m going to do everything I can to make sure I do well on that test. I would love for them to come back and give me a scholarship. I wouldn’t believe it!”

“It’s not just me that likes Texas,” Kinner said. “It’s my whole family. We all love the Longhorns. I’ve grown up watching them and rooting for them every weekend during football season. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been all about Texas. They have such a great winning tradition and I would give just about anything to be a part of that. Plus they offer one of the best educations around, so you can’t go wrong with them. It would really be a dream come true for me.”

“Lately schools like California, Boise State, Baylor, TCU, Illinois, Utah, Oregon, UTSA, Louisiana Monroe, North Texas and others have been in touch and have been asking about me. Texas is the big one though,” said Kinner.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @TomahawkNation
    Heard from 2 diff sources that Texas' Manny Diaz reached out to Jimbo Fisher about DC opening, but can't confirm he has/will interview.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Manny sucks and needs to move on, my guess is Mack has told him such

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OB is reporting something about a new safety target for '13. Anyone who knows who it is?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OB is reporting something about a new safety target for '13. Anyone who knows who it is?
    I think they may be referencing WR/DB Kyle Fulks of Katy. He's currently commited to Baylor. Really, really fast.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Fulks-138057

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1524pw3_Vk

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There are definitely conflicting views when it comes to the promotion of Major Applewhite, but here's a good piece from the LHN on how he's viewed as a players' coach. Hopefully something to look forward to even though Mack is still in charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZDhvk_NO0

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ZaDarius Smith has narrowed it down to Mississippi State and Texas A&M. A&M has room for 1 more JUCO mid-termer.

Grade risk and A&M DT commit Kerrick Huggins is officially opening up his recruitment. Would be surprised to see another high level BCS program take a chance on him since he has such a long way to go in the classroom.

Thread Information