Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah it don't matter if you are slowmo. I don't think he would have outlived getting benched in the summer league Dijon Murray style. At least 10 troll treads every day of summer league would be created. That is predictable...
    Serious question, are you related to Kyle? ( not bsing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, are you related to Kyle? ( not bsing).
    Nah but I am peeved at the double standard ... which fine everyone has their peeves...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still shot very inefficiently and still had many bad shots... but he did connect on some well challenged layups and more impressive to me came up with loose balls, steals on deflected balls and made some defensive plays, which the other guards were incapable of. My hope was more based on his hunger and compe ion than him actually shooting well. Ppl continue to discredit what guys achieved there. Steals and rebounds were still steals and rebounds and those were still the playoffs and the dubs were still the dubs. I tended to attribute some bad choices to the fact bc he was coming back from injury he didn't necessarily have rhythm... He may yet get it together but not based on what he's shown here. He has to work harder. Hopefully he's been made hungrier.
    I agree. Except for a couple of offensive flashes (flukes?) Dijon's main assets has been his length, quickness and bounce, which have manifested themselves in some very nice defensive plays and rebounds. I hope his SL experience has made him not just hungrier, but more self-aware. He is not a gem, and perhaps he now realizes that he has some flaws that need polishing before he can shine like one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah but I am peeved at the double standard ... which fine everyone has their peeves...
    To be fair, Kyle has been very inconsistent his 3 yrs here. Still no shot. His defense has been more solid, I give him that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't people saying Jonathan Simmons was a waste of time? And look how far he has come. He was contributing more in the playoffs then LMA did, and LMA was suppose to be 1B on our roster. What is Danny Green doing out there to contribute to the offense nowadays? Not sure why people are hating on Forbes.

I'm thinking Spur fan is in one of two camps. Either they think any accomplishments from Forbes will delay the Crowning of Murray while the other camp of cynics are thinking we are trying to say Forbes is our answer at starting point guard.

Personally i'm just saying he seems to pass the eye test for what the FO brought him in for and that is shooting. No reason not to believe he couldn't be molded in the same way Patty Mills was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Kyle has been very inconsistent his 3 yrs here. Still no shot. His defense has been more solid, I give him that.
    Pop has also been very inconsistent in roles for him and his time in spots has fluctuated more than most. Still criticism is warranted. He's not flawless...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has also been very inconsistent in roles for him and his time in spots has fluctuated more than most. Still criticism is warranted. He's not flawless...

If he can't find a role on this years rosters with a bunch of square pegs trying to fit into circle holes..... he his lost.

Im curious as to what role you think Kyle will excel in? Still haven't seen him play a role I felt like he was worth consistent minutes on a good team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo..Reason why youre not seeing people call out DJ or Bertans is bc they were rookies. And DJ actually showed really nice promise during his rookie yr, hes just struggling after 4 SL games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about this performance last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't find a role on this years rosters with a bunch of square pegs trying to fit into circle holes..... he his lost.

Im curious as to what role you think Kyle will excel in? Still haven't seen him play a role I felt like he was worth consistent minutes on a good team.
    I actually line kyle at the backup 4 spot. Kind of like a Diaw type roll.

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine what would be written if he were playing bad.?
    Give the kid a break. He was undrafted and working his way through summer league , D league, training camp and developing nicely.
    This is how Devin Brown ,Gary Neal, Cory Joseph and Johnathan Simmons started, among others.
    Can't wait for Manu to retire so Forbes gets more playing time
    Last edited by SilverSpur; 07-12-2017 at 12:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually line kyle at the backup 4 spot. Kind of like a Diaw type roll.
    I mean, given our current roster... I hope he can play that roll. I dont think he is as skilled, confident, or athletic as Diaw.... even fat Diaw. But We don't have a lot of options at that spot so he will get a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for Manu to retire
    So everyone gets more playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the kid a break. He was undrafted and working his way through summer league , D league, training camp and developing nicely.
    This is how Gary Neal, Cory Joseph and Johnathan Simmons started, among others.
    Can't wait for Manu to retire so Forbes gets more playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inconsistent role has contributed to his inconsistent play - a lot for Pop to have thrown at, what, a 20-21 year old. This year will see him concentrate on being a 4. He either makes it or we move on. He has been a cheap minutes sop so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, given our current roster... I hope he can play that roll. I dont think he is as skilled, confident, or athletic as Diaw.... even fat Diaw. But We don't have a lot of options at that spot so he will get a shot.
    I think you view is too slanted and your emotion on this subject is to high to give rationale responses. You're hating to hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo..Reason why youre not seeing people call out DJ or Bertans is bc they were rookies. And DJ actually showed really nice promise during his rookie yr, hes just struggling after 4 SL games
    Nah but that's fine. I have long accepted the bias. KA barely played his first season was a very young dude. Had to learn to shoot and play a different position etc. Had a nice summer league his sop re season and the criticism and trolling was around then. By now I am very jaded ... and don't really mind guys schticks... you know shticks are regular here... so it's fine by me. But I will point things out occasionally.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine what would be written if he were playing bad.?
    This is how Devin Brown ,Gary Neal, Cory Joseph and Johnathan Simmons started, among others.
    Can't wait for Manu to retire so Forbes gets more playing time
    This.

The posters that are criticizing him for dropping 70pts in 2 games are the same re s that bashed him in previous pages in this thread. They already gave their opinion of him and they don't wanna look like idiots. It's the reason Bertans literally receives ZERO criticism for being mostly awful so far, they were blowing that guy's pipes when he was in Europe and swore he was NBA ready.

Hating on an undrafted guy leading the SL in scoring and is on a minimum contract, just because they don't wanna be wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Warriors pick him up if the Spurs let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just know Chip is telling Pop, just put this guy in a place to make a shot and he'll not disappoint.

I would like a coach to tell Pop- Let this guy take the wheel for 30-40 games and see how spacing and the team, as a whole gels.
    How would that be different from patty.......?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors weren't targetting him in those extended garbage minutes. You'll only know how good he really is when defences are keyed in on him.
    Like the cave game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Murray had learn to shoot like this from his draft day until now?
    Tony parker took YEARS...almost a decade...to have a decent jumper...it isn't even good to this day...just decent...and u want Murray to do that in one season? Lolol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

The posters that are criticizing him for dropping 70pts in 2 games are the same re s that bashed him in previous pages in this thread. They already gave their opinion of him and they don't wanna look like idiots. It's the reason Bertans literally receives ZERO criticism for being mostly awful so far, they were blowing that guy's pipes when he was in Europe and swore he was NBA ready.

Hating on an undrafted guy leading the SL in scoring and is on a minimum contract, just because they don't wanna be wrong
    The hate is big time ridiculous. So what if he doesn't pass the 'eye-test'? The guys is racking up a ton of numbers in 5 SL games. If he keeps this up, he'll be the MVP of the SL league.

Two seasons ago, they had Kyle Anderson play a ton of minutes in SL. Spurs are doing the same with Forbes and seeing the extent of his limits.

Kyle Anderson however had Simmons to help him win games. Forbes has nobody and still scoring!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about this performance last year.

NBA compe ion... did you see how he shot against two Mavs defenders?

He's playing the same game against SL compe ion and cannot be stopped! Actually, he's much better now going mid range and to the hoop. Once he masters Parker's tear drop, he's going to be ridiculous to shut down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA compe ion... did you see how he shot against two Mavs defenders?

He's playing the same game against SL compe ion and cannot be stopped! Actually, he's much better now going mid range and to the hoop. Once he masters Parker's tear drop, he's going to be ridiculous to shut down.
    One game...vs the mavs...at the end of the season when games didnt matter for either team...he was really bad the entire rest of the season and playoffs...plus his skill set is the same as patty's, except worse

Thread Information