Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I explained, the issue isn't corona, its people that need medical treatment can't get it because the health system is full. And what would normally be non life threatening illnesses, become life threatening.

Yes bruh we already know this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the difference between this and say the swine flu? How come everything didn't shut down for that? Google says that killed 12k people in the US and 550k people worldwide.

Just being more careful or is this just worse? I literally have not been paying attention to it at all.
    We've known flu viruses for a while now and have developed vaccines for it, meaning that if it still kills we know we can somehow control it and have a fair perception of the epidemy. Corona is still mainly unknown with no vaccines and could be stll mutating, reason why scientists and authorities are cautious... Precautionary principle cos we just don't know yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been out of san antonio for work but my ex and kids are still down there. My ex says everyone in sa is going about their buisness as usual, and still going out and acting like everything is ok.You cant get any hand soap anywhere though and apparently they havent cancelled fiesta yet

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    trudeau is self isolating.

it’s pretty unbelievable that trump and pence haven’t been tested. what morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as those quarantines are lifted in China it'll likely go back to exponential growth there again too. I don't think there is much reason to expect this virus to stop until it has worked it's way through our population. I just hope China makes wet markets and wildlife farming illegal permanently so we don't get a third SARS from them.
    Indeed, the way it has spread, only a planet quarantine would (virtually) stop it. So it's more about limitating and containing the pandemic until we find a vaccine for a virus that could become seasonal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

didnt know tom hanks son was a G

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, the way it has spread, only a planet quarantine would (virtually) stop it. So it's more about limitating and containing the pandemic until we find a vaccine for a virus that could become seasonal.
    We're not likely having a vaccine any time soon now. It also doesn't sound like the spring / summer is likely to slow it down according to Michael Osterholm. So not seasonal like flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been out of san antonio for work but my ex and kids are still down there. My ex says everyone in sa is going about their buisness as usual, and still going out and acting like everything is ok.You cant get any hand soap anywhere though and apparently they havent cancelled fiesta yet
    Hope you get back quick, you never know when travel bans are coming to the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way in this isn't all over the US by now. I'm almost 99% sure my father has it. He has all the signs and symptoms and came back negative for flu and a bunch of other . Doc can't say for sure whether it's coronavirus or not because the test isn't available here yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way in this isn't all over the US by now. I'm almost 99% sure my father has it. He has all the signs and symptoms and came back negative for flu and a bunch of other . Doc can't say for sure whether it's coronavirus or not because the test isn't available here yet.
    man I'm sorry to hear. This country is such a ing hole. We should have been using WHO tests two months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope your father is fine, mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not likely having a vaccine any time soon now. It also doesn't sound like the spring / summer is likely to slow it down according to Michael Osterholm. So not seasonal like flu.

Yeah, I've heard that too but the thing is we're in the dark now. As far as vaccine is concerned, I know french labs are working in collaboration with others on it and are already testing molecules against otherr viruses on infected people.

I think at least solutions to restrain effects of the virus could be found reasonably quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way in this isn't all over tbhe US by now. I'm almost 99% sure my father has it. He has all the signs and symptoms and came back negative for flu and a bunch of other . Doc can't say for sure whether it's coronavirus or not because the test isn't available here yet.

Prayers for your dad mate! My father passed away three years ago and every moment you get with them is prescious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man I'm sorry to hear. This country is such a ing hole. We should have been using WHO tests two months ago.
    It's kind of crazy to see how unprepared we are for all of this. The Doc was acting pretty nonchalant until he found out my father travels frequently. He started throwing face masks all over the place, staff running all over. It was surreal to see how fast the mood changed. And thanks man, hopefully everything will be ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope your father is fine, mate.
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA sending out this memo tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam fckn silver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA sending out this memo tonight.

THANKS CHINA! WE LOVE YOU!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of crazy to see how unprepared we are for all of this. The Doc was acting pretty nonchalant until he found out my father travels frequently. He started throwing face masks all over the place, staff running all over. It was surreal to see how fast the mood changed. And thanks man, hopefully everything will be ok.
    I don't think it's that crazy. It was wholly predictable as the people have lost this country to the robber barons over the last 40 years.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it will get ugly, people are good at panicking.

how can low income parents afford to a) miss work and b) self quarantine properly if need be? how does a single parent still manage to take care of their kids? by just wearing a mask and gloves all the time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's that crazy. It was wholly predictable as the people have lost this country to the robber barons over the last 40 years.
    wow so crazy 39 people died from a virus shut down the country

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    worse case scenario that i can think of so far: if it spreads throughout police departments. and there isn't any reason why a cop wouldn't catch it... they touch equipment, cars, people... they can't work from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prayers for your dad mate! My father passed away three years ago and every moment you get with them is prescious
    Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss. And yeah, he's getting up there in age so we've been spending more time together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't that the damn truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swine flu 1000 died 44 in charge restrictions
    Not any travel bans 45
    Trump !

Thread Information