Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PA guy is garbage too. Very low energy. They keep cycling through these guys and haven't found anyone decent in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PA guy is garbage too. Very low energy. They keep cycling through these guys and haven't found anyone decent in years.
    Stan Kelly and "Get Ready for This" in the early 2000s was always ing cringe worthy. The song was already 10+ years and these old, out-of-style heads were still playing that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should try to start Demarre Carroll since he's still getting paid 7 million for this season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really liking tre jones' game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the stupid ass two shots before each free throw is the most annoying thing ever. Makes me not want to attend any games unless I get the tickets for free from work .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex, you're a company man so I'm interested to hear how much blame does the old man get for the state of the organization?
    There is a lot of blame to go around, so I don't think Pop is solely to blame like everyone wants to make him out to be. He is not responsible for every single decision that the Spurs organization makes.

I hold Pop accountable for leaning on the vets more than he should...especially when it's been made apparent over the last two and a half seasons those parts just don't fit well together. He puts way too much faith in DeMar for extended periods which freezes out the other guys on the team. His reliance on Mills continues to be disturbing despite Patty starting the season well.

That said..tonight is a perfect example that just throwing the young guys out on the floor and letting them play isn't a quick fix. "Learning on the fly" only goes so far.

I hold the FO accountable for stockpiling a bunch of guards and putting all their chips on a small-ball "pace-and-space" style of play when none of those young guys are particularly good shooters. Getting Vassell and Dieng are baby steps in the right direction, but it's still hard to figure out who is going to emerge from the pack of Murray, White, Walker, and Johnson. There is a lot of deadweight that needs to be dropped.

And I still blame ing Kawhi and Uncle Dennis for planting the dynamite. This team was heading in a good direction and being built around Kawhi, and has been picking up the pieces ever since that blew up. The Spurs are known for doing right by their veterans (which is the only compe ive advantage they have left in the free agent market) which led to them coddling Aldridge, Gasol, DeRozan, Mills, etc...and depending upon what happens this summer, it looks like it's going to be another long few years ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stan Kelly and "Get Ready for This" in the early 2000s was alwasy ing cringe worthy.
    True enough but at least he had personality, so to speak. The guy on the mic these days has a low energy "twooo shots" thing...and that's it? Sad, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the stupid ass two shots before each free throw is the most annoying thing ever. Makes me not want to attend any games unless I get the tickets for free from work .
    And that's all he has too...no iden y whatsoever. I'm beginning to think most hires in the Spurs Org. these days are just friends of Poop and Buford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never been so disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stealth tank...well not tonight but for the past recent games...love it!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's all he has too...no iden y whatsoever. I'm beginning to think most hires in the Spurs Org. these days are just friends of Poop and Buford.
    Kind of like the 16 year old teenage girl that runs their Twitter account.

"We see you DeMar. smileyface hearts emoji emoji #GOSPURSGO"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a lot of blame to go around, so I don't think Pop is solely to blame like everyone wants to make him out to be. He is not responsible for every single decision that the Spurs organization makes.

I hold Pop accountable for leaning on the vets more than he should...especially when it's been made apparent over the last two and a half seasons those parts just don't fit well together. He puts way too much faith in DeMar for extended periods which freezes out the other guys on the team. His reliance on Mills continues to be disturbing despite Patty starting the season well.

I hold the FO accountable for stockpiling a bunch of guards and putting all their chips on a "pace-and-space" style of play when none of those young guys are particularly good shooters. Getting Vassell and Dieng are baby steps in the right direction, but it's still hard to figure out who is going to emerge from the pack of Murray, White, Walker, and Johnson.

And I still blame ing Kawhi and Uncle Dennis for planting the dynamite. This team was heading in a good direction and being built around Kawhi, and has been picking up the pieces ever since that blew up. The Spurs are known for doing right by their veterans (which is the only compe ive advantage they have left in the free agent market) which led to them coddling Aldridge, Gasol, DeRozan, Mills, etc...and depending upon what happens this summer, it looks like it's going to be another long few years ahead.
    Good/fair response tbh, appreciate it. I disagree most with "He is not responsible for every single decision that the Spurs organization makes" since he signs off on everything.

The brain drain this organization has experienced in the last several years is very, very apparent both on the FO level and on that coaching bench tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u gots never listen to good ol robdiaz, told y'all this was a .500 team at best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Final
    1 2 3 4 T
    CLE 28 29 43 25 125
    SA 26 21 33 21 101

Spurs

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    L. SamanicPF 25 3-10 0-5 2-3 1 5 6 5 0 0 2 5 -10 8
    D. DeRozanSF 27 4-9 0-1 12-13 1 3 4 2 0 0 1 1 -10 20
    K. JohnsonSF 27 6-11 0-2 1-4 1 9 10 1 0 0 2 1 -16 13
    J. PoeltlC 27 4-7 0-0 1-1 2 3 5 0 0 0 1 2 -14 9
    D. WhitePG 28 4-16 0-6 5-5 1 2 3 6 1 0 0 2 -14 13
    Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. EubanksPF 12 2-3 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 2 0 2 0 1 -4 4
    R. GaySF 24 5-8 3-5 0-0 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 2 -18 13
    G. DiengC 9 1-3 1-2 2-2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 4 -6 5
    P. MillsPG 23 1-4 1-3 1-2 1 3 4 2 0 1 0 2 -18 4
    T. JonesPG 12 2-3 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 -2 4
    Q. WeatherspoonSG 9 0-1 0-0 2-2 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 +0 2
    D. VassellSG 17 3-8 0-2 0-0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 -8 6
    D. MurrayPG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    TEAM 35-83 5-26 26-32 8 30 38 22 4 3 10 22 101
    42.2% 19.2% 81.3%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of like the 16 year old teenage girl that runs their Twitter account.

"We see you DeMar. smileyface hearts emoji emoji #GOSPURSGO"
    Pretty sure that's Sugus tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I blame Pop, but blaming Kawhi in 21 still seems to be something around here, maybe in 2025, the president of operations, who happens to be also the technician, can be held responsible for something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave RD2191 alone man, he has five kids to feed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That said..tonight is a perfect example that just throwing the young guys out on the floor and letting them play isn't a quick fix. "Learning on the fly" only goes so far.

I hold the FO accountable for stockpiling a bunch of guards and putting all their chips on a small-ball "pace-and-space" style of play when none of those young guys are particularly good shooters. Getting Vassell and Dieng are baby steps in the right direction, but it's still hard to figure out who is going to emerge from the pack of Murray, White, Walker, and Johnson. There is a lot of deadweight that needs to be dropped.

it started in 2017 with the Mills and Gasol extension. Then the biggest mistake was trading Kawhi, Danny Green and 5 million $ for DeRozan and Jakob Turtle. The other mistake was constructing a roster for nephew instead of LaMarcus and DeRozan. Then starting Forbes and not playing White in his first season, not playing Lonnie in his 2nd cause Belinelli, throwing the Nuggets series, trading Bertans for nothing, signing Demarre Carroll, starting Lyles, not trading the vets at the deadline and so on. If you think Pop had nothing to do with ALL of these moves you're delusional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's worth mentioning that they chose to pair the pace-and-space young players with maybe the least pace-and-space player in the league. It's painful seeing the Spurs try to play a Jekyll-and-Hyde offense every game: when the young players string together a couple possessions, they're sprinting the court, getting easy looks at the basket on non-set defenses, and also shooting when they can. Then DeMar takes over the ball, and suddenly it's stand-around-and-watch time as he dribbles out the clock to attempt a contested 2, which often misses and allows the opposition a deflating transition opportunity. I couldn't think of a player in the league who'd fit worse in the starting lineup with White and Dejounte than DeMar tbh, and I've been thinking on it for most of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to do whatever they can to find a franchise player to build around no matter the cost, I know it’s easier said than done but the team won’t go anywhere until they do

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that's Sugus tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich taking fatigue as an excuse for his awful coaching and roster construction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lame that you laugh at your own (lame) jokes on your alt tbh, but thanks for that since I wouldn't've seen the mention otherwise

Thread Information