Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    My ballot has been laying on my desk for over a week.

I doubt there exists a nation that offers more different ways to vote

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There's no defending this. Attempts to spin it because "Durr it's still easy to vote in pursun" aren't arguments in favor of the reduction of drop off locations. You can't defend that because there's no defense. You only favor it because it helps your team, and that makes you a gutless shill.
    Karrin's argument in a nuts :

"Obvious he's not trying to suppress votes when he takes a fight against no-excuse absentee ballots to the Texas Supreme Court, issues an executive order to reduce dropboxes to one per county knowing it'll affect Democrat stronghold counties the most, fights vigorously to have the executive order upheld in court, tries to get curbside and drive through voting banned, and then tries to reduce the amount of early voting places in Harris County. After all, he did that one thing that makes voting a little easier!"

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My ballot has been laying on my desk for over a week.

I doubt there exists a nation that offers more different ways to vote
    Germany has universal no-excuse mail-in voting.

I'd be all for limited mail-in voting only for disabled voters and people abroad, but only if it came with exponentially more resources allocated to polling locations, poll workers (the fact we're the richest country in the world and we rely on volunteers to administer elections is ing ridiculous) and election administration so people weren't waiting in line for 4+ hours. The shortage of resources we have for elections is an intentional problem Republican-controlled states create so they have an excuse for why lines are so long in left-leaning areas. Nowhere in Canada, Western Europe or Australia do people have to wait in line for hours to vote.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Germany has universal no-excuse mail-in voting.

I'd be all for limited mail-in voting only for disabled voters and people abroad, but only if it came with exponentially more resources allocated to polling locations, poll workers (the fact we're the richest country in the world and we rely on volunteers to administer elections is ing ridiculous) and election administration so people weren't waiting in line for 4+ hours. The shortage of resources we have for elections is an intentional problem Republican-controlled states create so they have an excuse for why lines are so long in left-leaning areas. Nowhere in Canada, Western Europe or Australia do people have to wait in line for hours to vote.
    Are there shorter lines in poverty areas dominated by Conservatives than Democrats? Genuinely curious.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Are there shorter lines in poverty areas dominated by Conservatives than Democrats? Genuinely curious.
    From the data I've seen, yes. The impoverished conservative areas are generally more rural and have shorter waiting times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karrin's argument in a nuts :

"Obvious he's not trying to suppress votes when he takes a fight against no-excuse absentee ballots to the Texas Supreme Court, issues an executive order to reduce dropboxes to one per county knowing it'll affect Democrat stronghold counties the most, fights vigorously to have the executive order upheld in court, tries to get curbside and drive through voting banned, and then tries to reduce the amount of early voting places in Harris County. After all, he did that one thing that makes voting a little easier!"
    It's the global warming defense... "It's snowing outside! How can global warming be real?!?!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly people just need to vote in person. Don't leave your vote in the hands of partisan courts and corrupt leadership.
    That's what my wife and I did. It was a lot safer than I expected. In and out quickly, and a free disposable stylus for the touch screen. I am so keeping that souvenir.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second, Georgia has strict voting laws, and according to the Cost of Voting Index, a measure of how easy it is to vote in each state, those laws have gotten stricter since 2016. Our research shows that enacting stricter voting laws tends to hurt Democrats, too, which is factored into our estimates of the partisan baselines in each state.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...gia-turn-blue/

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Do they state why? I could understand it being easier to set up voting booths in rural areas than urban. Maybe crime is a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they state why? I could understand it being easier to set up voting booths in rural areas than urban. Maybe crime is a factor.
    No.

Democratic voting blocks including minorities tend to be poorer.

If you can't take time off work, you don't vote. If you can't afford the transportation costs... you don't vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Democratic voting blocks including minorities tend to be poorer.

If you can't take time off work, you don't vote. If you can't afford the transportation costs... you don't vote.
    Yes, good examples of voter suppression.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swamped with voter requests, the Texas secretary of state's office has become a focus of frustration

It took more than two months of waiting, calling and emailing the Texas secretary of state's office, but one Dripping Springs woman said earlier this week she and her sister finally received the mail-in ballot applications they requested

complaints about the secretary of state's office from other Texas voters —

tales of repeated phone calls and protracted frustration because

there is no transparent way to determine if mail-in ballot applications requests are being processed, or have gotten lost in the shuffle.

the state's top election administrator is being inundated with requests from Texans who want to vote by mail.

As of October 11, the secretary of state reported having mailed out 460,195 mail-in ballot applications since April 2020.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...of-frustration

so the Secy of State offices are on reduced staff because of the pandemic,

but TX denies voters mail-in ballots because fear of the pandemic is not sufficient reason to request vote by mail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swamped with voter requests, the Texas secretary of state's office has become a focus of frustration

It took more than two months of waiting, calling and emailing the Texas secretary of state's office, but one Dripping Springs woman said earlier this week she and her sister finally received the mail-in ballot applications they requested

complaints about the secretary of state's office from other Texas voters —

tales of repeated phone calls and protracted frustration because

there is no transparent way to determine if mail-in ballot applications requests are being processed, or have gotten lost in the shuffle.

the state's top election administrator is being inundated with requests from Texans who want to vote by mail.

As of October 11, the secretary of state reported having mailed out 460,195 mail-in ballot applications since April 2020.

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...of-frustration

so the Secy of State offices are on reduced staff because of the pandemic,

but TX denies voters mail-in ballots because fear of the pandemic is not sufficient reason to request vote by mail
    But anyone in Texas can request a ballot claiming they will be out of area and they cannot be question about that. Law really has no teeth is gamed right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

ElNono this is why Karrin is every bit as much of a MAGA as Derp/Chris. He follows the same re s on twitter who they follow (i.e. this transgender freak Robbie Starbucks).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono this is why Karrin is every bit as much of a MAGA as Derp/Chris. He follows the same re s on twitter who they follow (i.e. this transgender freak Robbie Starbucks).
    I don't follow anyone on Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a Twitter account or FB account

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just trying to trigger dem libs, tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He's just trying to trigger dem libs, tbh
    Same thing Derp/Chris say. Time for people to stop believing there's good conservatives and bad conservatives. They're all pieces of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't follow anyone on Twitter
    Nah. You just robotically post from the propaganda diet you consume on a daily basis, seemingly unable to tell truth from conservative fantasy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in: Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Ginsberg, the single most prominent Republican election lawyer in the country, who, in a scathing piece published Sunday by The Washington Post, called out President Donald Trump (and his legal team) for engaging in a widespread attempt to suppress votes in the 2020 election under the guise of sniffing out voter fraud.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/polit...ion/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Nevada judge rejected a GOP lawsuit seeking to halt early vote counting in Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, over stringency of signature-matching computer software and how closely observers can watch votes being counted.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/polit...uit/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i didnt think Democrats had a chance in to win Texas but the way the state party there is acting they sure scared as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i didnt think Democrats had a chance in to win Texas but the way the state party there is acting they sure scared as
    They may be looking at the actual data. Splits gives Texas to Biden.

Thread Information