Page 177 of 303 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 7567
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I think the case counts in the first "wave" were a gross underestimate. 10x - 20x underestimated because of poor testing in that period.

The most reliable data is hospitalization, which is really low in Bexar county.
    10x we're still in the 1st

20x we're in the 2nd qtr

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds pretty steep.There's no way to avoid all that disability, sickness and death?

Or like, you think it's a bad idea to even try to mitigate disability, death and suffering or something like that?

What are you driving at?
    Depends on if there is a vaccine or not. If we don't get a vaccine for five years then it won't really matter that Trump ed us, we were going to get ed anyways. Now if we get a vaccine by say the spring then whole different story, we will have had way more deaths than necessary most likely thanks to our Dear Leader sacrificing us for the stock market and for his ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

20x we're in the 2nd qtr
    Hope this don't go to OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So youre saying that extending life for 6 mos of persons who have lived past life expectancy with multiple comorbidities is more important than starving 6.7 million kids?

Lockdowns for anti logic people
    Dude, I'm not pro-lockdown, almost nobody is. Nobody wants to starve children, wtf are you talking about?

Can I have some of what you're drinking or smoking? I have a powerful desire to feel better than I do right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds pretty steep.There's no way to avoid all that disability, sickness and death?

Or like, you think it's a bad idea to even try to mitigate disability, death and suffering or something like that?

What are you driving at?
    I've never said that. There's a mortality rate, it's just math. Darrin thinks it's going away just cause and the rest of you think if we just do x,y, or z it will go away. It's not going away. There's a mortality rate, you pick it and what does your math say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never said that. There's a mortality rate, it's just math. Darrin thinks it's going away just cause and the rest of you think if we just do x,y, or z it will go away. It's not going away. There's a mortality rate, you pick it and what does your math say?
    I don't have a formula. No one does.

Just noting the smug cer ude of your side and the blithe at ude toward sickness, disability and death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I'm not pro-lockdown, almost nobody is. Nobody wants to starve children, wtf are you talking about?

Can I have some of what you're drinking or smoking? I have a powerful desire to feel better than I do right now.
    What a ing load of crap foldren is talking about with life expectancy as if people dying of COVID were all nearly ready to be put in a grave. While the average life expectancy was around 79 in 2016, if you condition on making it to 75 it became about 87. If you condition on making it to 65 it was still 84.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2017/015.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a formula. No one does.

Just noting the smug cer ude of your side and the blithe at ude toward sickness, disability and death.
    Nothing smug or cold hearted from me. I'm being optimistic with a .3% mortality rate.

.1% we are pretty much at herd immunity now. Doesn't seem plausible to me, does it to you?

.2% we are halfway there, only a couple hundred thousand more deaths. Seems too optimistic to me, what do you think?

So I'm going with .3% (~405k more deaths) to be optimistic. Fauci says .6%, what a heartless mother er amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing load of crap foldren is talking about with life expectancy as if people dying of COVID were all nearly ready to be put in a grave. While the average life expectancy was around 79 in 2016, if you condition on making it to 75 it became about 87. If you condition on making it to 65 it was still 84.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/2017/015.pdf
    It's pertinent to point out US life expectancy has been going down recently, and also that foldren lowballs everything.

COVID-19 is a PR problem for these people.They don't care how many people die, but they do notice who's dying, and at this point the racial disparities have been measured.

The herd immunity strategy is low key racist genocide, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing smug or cold hearted from me. I'm being optimistic with a .3% mortality rate.

.1% we are pretty much at herd immunity now. Doesn't seem plausible to me, does it to you?

.2% we are halfway there, only a couple hundred thousand more deaths. Seems too optimistic to me, what do you think?

So I'm going with .3% (~405k more deaths) to be optimistic. Fauci says .6%, what a heartless mother er amirite?
    nobody knows, mofo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What does Osterholm say? He's the only one who has been even halfway right so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why should anyone else bow to your best guess, Snake Boy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody knows, mofo
    Do you think the mortality rate is less than .1%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the mortality rate is less than .1%?
    .67 the was the last I heard.

6X-7X historically bad flu mortality.

Nothingburger, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just said we need 450,000 more deaths.

gotta have em, rightr?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many infections would that be that you say we need to get over it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, why isn't everyone doing it that way?

Why is it necessary for the US to sustain so much more human carnage than other countries?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

20x we're in the 2nd qtr

What about those with preexisting immunity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, why isn't everyone doing it that way?

Why is it necessary for the US to sustain so much more human carnage than other countries?
    Because we are the capitalist empire par excellence, we will pour human souls into the mouth of Moloch even after the money-demigod bids us to cease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we are the capitalist empire par excellence, we will pour human souls into the mouth of Moloch even after the money-demigod bids us to cease.
    Or, we have a bunch of unhealthy fat s amongst us. No offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blaming systemic problems on personal choices is a trope.

I see you apologizing in advance for our high rate of sickness in cold and flu season.

I see people unclenching here in Austin. That causes me to have the opposite reaction, YMMV.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about those with preexisting immunity?
    No such thing to a novel virus. If you're talking about the studies which show some people may mount rapid immune responses to covid-19 due to previous non Covid-19 HCoV infections well they still got infected and they didn't contribute to the mortality rate. There's still a mortality rate though, what do you think it is?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You went from the liar anti-Christ to riding a liar, karrin

It was bound to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over 200k

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's gonna blow a gasket at your noticing a round number.

Thread Information