Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, who again faces former employer Miami on Wednesday night, called Phil Jackson "ignorant" for hypothesizing that the Heat soon could change coaches if the ultra-talented Heat don't shake their sluggish start.

"That record, I think, says a lot about coming together with some real talented guys, and not having a base," the Lakers coach said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show."

Jackson went on to say, "The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by [team president] Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said. "That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

Jackson's direct analogy to the events that precipitated Van Gundy's departure in Miami during the 2005-06 season particularly irritated the Magic's coach.

"Phil has no idea what the Van Gundy situation was because, even though he coaches in our league, he certainly had no insight or knowledge of that," Van Gundy said Wednesday. "So an analogy he'd make to my situation would be totally useless because he doesn't have any clue what the situation was in that case."

Van Gundy resigned in December 2005 after the Heat went 11-10 through the early stretch of their season. Although he cited personal reasons for resigning, many observers maintain that Van Gundy was forced out by Riley. In the five years since his departure, Van Gundy has insisted repeatedly that the prevailing views of his exit are patently false -- an opinion he reiterated in the wake of Jackson's comments.

"To second-guess another coach and comment on a situation he knows nothing about -- it's inappropriate. And it's also ignorant," Van Gundy said. "I don't mean that commenting on Phil's intelligence. He's obviously a very smart guy. I mean it as ignorant [in that] he doesn't know what that situation was and he doesn't know what the situation is now.

"I don't think, unless their relationship has changed drastically that [Jackson] and Pat talk on a regular basis. So I doubt he would have any information whatsoever on what's going on in Miami."

Asked about Jackson's assessment of the situation in Miami, Spoelstra had a considerably more light-hearted reply.

"My coaching staff was giving me some grief about it, they got a good chuckle out of it," Spoelstra said. "Everybody has had something to say about us, I can't expect that I would be excluded from that. I'm sure people are saying some stuff about me out there, other than him, too."

Heat guard Dwyane Wade was taken aback by Jackson's comments, though he conceded that the 11-time NBA champion has earned a certain license to speak candidly.

"The only thing surprising about it is a coach saying it about another coach," Wade said. "I respect someone else to say it but not another coach. It is unfortunate but I guess Coach Jackson had earned the right to say what he wants so he continues to exercise that right."

And he made Stan's insecure vag bleed.

From the other week:

Yet when reminded about how much has changed since '95-96 before being asked if a team will ever win 70 games in a season again, Jackson said: "I think this Miami team could."

"They're talented enough to do that," he continued. "They may not be deep enough quite yet or have all their persons in place and teamwork just down, but if they stay together, they have a good chance. They have a very talented team."

7 loses in November after tonight

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OUCH!

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Heat can still win 55+ games this season, I don't have an ounce of doubt about that. I have them winning 90% of the games post AS Break.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Heat can still win 55+ games this season, I don't have an ounce of doubt about that. I have them winning 90% of the games post AS Break.
    Nope. Not going to happen. Keep on dreaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have too many injuries

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good for Phil. That's for Riley signin' Parker like he did. Tryin' to make a monkee's ass out of us.

ambchang is my bitch Daddy_Of_All_Trolls's Avatar
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Phil usually says things for a reason. The only thing I can think of would be he wants Riley to take Spoelstra's place, make the finals, and lose to his Lakers. Why? It's his last chance, he's supposed to be retiring. Phil has 5 coaching rings as Lakers coach, Pat has 4 Lakers rings as a head coach plus one as an assistant. (Forget the one as a Lakers player in 1972, and Heat coach in 2006 if you wish). 6 Lakers les trumps Showtime's 5. Phil wants 6 Bulls and 6 Lakers les and he already beat Boston, he wants LeBron, Wade, Bosh, AND Riley. Aside from that, he should keep his thoughts to himself.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson went on to say, "The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by [team president] Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said.
    This is brilliant, Phil destroying the Heat (mentally) before they start.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil usually says things for a reason. The only thing I can think of would be he wants Riley to take Spoelstra's place, make the finals, and lose to his Lakers. Why? It's his last chance, he's supposed to be retiring. Phil has 5 coaching rings as Lakers coach, Pat has 4 Lakers rings as a head coach plus one as an assistant. (Forget the one as a Lakers player in 1972, and Heat coach in 2006 if you wish). 6 Lakers les trumps Showtime's 5. Phil wants 6 Bulls and 6 Lakers les and he already beat Boston, he wants LeBron, Wade, Bosh, AND Riley. Aside from that, he should keep his thoughts to himself.
    Nope...he wasnts Riley to coach this team KNOWING that it wont make a difference. Once the Heat organization realizes that even a great coach in Riley cant help this team, it will cause chaos and dismay in Miami.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Phil ain't doing nothing but going out with a bang...He's just getting started..I fully expect him to ratchet up this across the board...Let's see what he's said thus far this season...in a nuts :

• " I was waiting on George Karl to call me for advice"
    • "The Pistons are lazy and quit on their city"
    • " He doesn't give a about coaching the all-star game"
    • " Spolestra is about to get railroaded like Stan"

Phil is just having some fun on his way out the door. He gonna really Stern after the all-star break.... and Kobe and Co...will eat that up...I bet it really is a privilege playing for Phil in this his swan season...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil the jedi master using his control on the weak minded ...and SVG took the bait while the rookie Spo laughed it off.

Phil is an asshole, but he is OUR asshole!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil is just playing with the Heat's heads.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Christine Richard Whiskey? Is that you? What's up with the Hype dogg? I haven't seen you around these parts since the Hype pep rally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson is a bag. However, he is indeed a Troll Master.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trade Committee

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phil jackson is a piece of

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson is always good for some quality quotes..his book was full of quotables and it was very telling and revealing about his star players..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson is always good for some quality quotes..his book was full of quotables and it was very telling and revealing about his star players..
    I see what you did there ... LOL

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obviously, Stan felt that he had to say something. And, unfortunately, he got defensive about it. I didn't mean to do that. I should apologize, because I do not know that situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But that's his decision, and fine. I'm not throwing any aspersions on Spoelstra. He's a very fine young coach. But we've been in this game long enough to know what it's like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson is the king of insecure vag. bleeding.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson is the king of insecure vag. bleeding.
    And Phil also built a swell shoe store in Red Auerbach's worm food ass.

Really, whippin' out that {X Cap} after our 15th was only bested by Bryant (a year later) totin' up the cyphers in the post Game 7 presser...."I don't forget anything."

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Those suckers had this coming.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Phil = bump?

Thread Information