Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a copy, been playing it... it's just not a combat game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but it's original IP
    but but it's Kojima
    but but risks must be taken
    but but game reviewers who say this sucks are just haters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't buy it on first day because the last week or so has been pretty ing cold as so I just ordered it on Amazon last night.

You guys sound like sensitive little girls about this game being a slow burner. If you're not shooting people in the face in the first 10 minutes, the game sucks.

I dont mind slow games when I know the game has room to pick up later. This game is supposed to be 50 hours long. I have experience with these types of games. Shenmue, Legend of Legaia, Kindom Hearts 2, etc.

The payoff has always been pretty awesome at the end.
    Guy who is upset that people aren’t in love with a game just because it’s made by kojima is calling others sensitive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy who is upset that people aren’t in love with a game just because it’s made by kojima is calling others sensitive
    LOL upset.

Derp level response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after reaching chaper 4

I have to say...This game takes a lot of elements from older games that involves very little gameplay/action and reinvents it to a level gaming hasnt seen. Think of Silent Hill in a large open world.

Its better than the 4-5 idiots are giving it. But it is certainly not a 9 or 10 by modern standards. The lack of gameplay and the convulated story bits drops it to 7-8 territory..its not a game for everyone.

Kojima is way to obssessed with Hollywood and White America he forgot that Video games is Gameplay.

Also Reck you shouldnt be supporting this game. There is an easter egg that hints at kojima being a trump loving uncle chan. I wouldnt be supporting kojima if I had your political beliefs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm only about 7 hours in so I have just been walking around. I don't mind it tbh. Story seems pretty good and there is enough *mystery* that I want to keep going. Heard that once you get past the initial two chapters that it opens up etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a copy, been playing it... it's just not a combat game...
    That's fine... is it fun though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you shouldnt be supporting this game. There is an easter egg that hints at kojima being a trump loving uncle chan. I wouldnt be supporting kojima if I had your political beliefs
    Thats re ed. If hitler himself made god of war I’d still play it. I’m not buying the makers personal beliefs I’m buying a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm only about 7 hours in so I have just been walking around. I don't mind it tbh. Story seems pretty good and there is enough *mystery* that I want to keep going. Heard that once you get past the initial two chapters that it opens up etc
    yeah. chapter 3...is when it gets good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats re ed. If hitler himself made god of war I’d still play it. I’m not buying the makers personal beliefs I’m buying a game
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RDR2 started out painfully slow as a walking/horse simulator and then what was basically a very long tutorial, then it got good.

i have no problem with a game taking time to establish everything. but the from the extremely limited info i have, its not like it picks up that drastically even later.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kojima is way to obssessed with Hollywood and White America he forgot that Video games is Gameplay.

Also Reck you shouldnt be supporting this game. There is an easter egg that hints at kojima being a trump loving uncle chan. I wouldnt be supporting kojima if I had your political beliefs
    I see no reason to equate the guy's ability to make good video games (Despite this one being a mixed bag of good and bad) to his personal life and his political views.

And the fact he's into American movies is a good thing. That makes him diverse and culturally open minded. He can suck Trump's orange for all I care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny how blames american taste. The reality is that, the critism are all valid. bad gameplay, convuloted story....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its funny how blames american taste. The reality is that, the critism are all valid. bad gameplay, convuloted story....
    There seems to be a couple of bad translations. One has Kojima saying Americans love FPS more and another one has it as him saying Americans preference first lies on FPS games and that may be why his game doesn't appeal as strongly as it does for the people in Japan and Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he's a ing idiot. Metal Gear Solid is obviously a huge franchise here, but this was the best he could come up with. I think gamers in general just prefer good games.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol...convoluted story that takes 10+ hours to even unravel: "people just arent getting it" nah fam, your game is just bland and uninteresting. who cares if you have re ed sci-fi story thats "deep af"

tbh i dont get why gamers semen shield for developers. like, does anyone think i played this game with the intent of ting on it? it was mega hyped, i wanted to see what the fuss was about so i rented it, and it was pretty boring and didnt interest me. so of course you get the "hurr durr go play CoD" response because if your game is boring it must be because we have short attention spans and only enjoy shooting things right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine... is it fun though?
    The combat sure isn't, that's why I'm just actively trying to avoid it and advance the story. The exploration aspect is good (not great), and the story is kinda weird but compelling enough to make me keep going.

Still not really sure how I feel about this game. I know it's not a masterpiece already...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got the game delivered today. But won't play until Sunday or later into next week.

Currently in the middle of playing Nier. Loving the change of pace from P5.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people hate a game like this, but some slobbed over telltale game's trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reck finds a Kojima turd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I played the first hour and a half of the game and my initial thoughts about it is I agree with what most of what you guys have said already.

Often you have to walk entire fields from one end to the next. It's kind of crazy.

If not for the music that acompanies you, you'd probably fall asleep just walking endlessly. The story though it's mysterious and good enough to push you to the next goal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I played the first hour and a half of the game and my initial thoughts about it is I agree with what most of what you guys have said already.

Often you have to walk entire fields from one end to the next. It's kind of crazy.

If not for the music that acompanies you, you'd probably fall asleep just walking endlessly. The story though it's mysterious and good enough to push you to the next goal.
    I will also say this game is ripe for the people who like to 100% games. This game wants you to collect this or that and get a certain rank and I like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

let me know what you think after 10 more hours i played for about that much time until i decided it wasnt for me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let me know what you think after 10 more hours i played for about that much time until i decided it wasnt for me
    This game is proving to be everything you guys say it was. It's so boring and so so very repe ive. Down to the ing animations.

But I was told by a friend to wait it out to chapter 4. That's when supposedly things get back to a normal type of game. I'm still on chapter 2 with about 4 hours logged in.

I'm minimizing the boredom by playing an hour a night while infusing some fun with other games.

Thread Information