Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had Sean during the '00 playoffs.
    For 4 games, which is how long we lasted.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A s of Sean. It's like saying the Spurs had Johnny Moore in the 90 playoffs.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Kawhi needs to do to secure another max contract is have a really good playoff series in the 3rd or 4th year of his current contract. If it's in the 3rd year he'll opt out of the final year. Then someone will roll the dice with a max contract.
    Yap.. he resting for that moment . Haha

For all his faults uncle will have his best interests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then Portland would have been a horrible matchup in the WCF if they beat LA, especially with no Sean and the rule changes that neutered Mario Elie's defense and basically ended his career.
    As awesome as the 99 team was it wasn't built for long term.
    In 2000. Elie was 36, Sean was 31 and played in 99 with declining renal function. Avery 34
    As you said rule changes eliminated Elie's defense as well as Jaren Jacksons

Even with Tim I didn't see them getting into the finals

Back to Nephew-
    It's really amazing how close the Spurs came to having greatly exceeded their already remarkable run of 50+ wins. In addition I'm not sure a team has ever been that relevant for that length of time (I define relevance as making the conference finals)
    99 to 17 10 conference finals 5 rings.

It's also amazing how lucky nephew has been. Drafted by a team with veteran leadership and allowed to develop (with great coaching). It's hard to see him becoming the player he is on another team.
    Traded to Toronto (another team with veteran leadership) and yes he had an incredible playoff run and all le teams with occasional exception are lucky- but that Toronto team really caught a lot of breaks.
    A couple of bounces being down 3-0 to the Bucks. Beating the Sixers with a very limited Embiid and then meeting a injury riddled Warrior team in the finals.

However at the end of the day the Spurs got a le out of him and some good resources (you never get equal value for a superstar). Just think how many stars have left small markets and the team gets nothing in return- and never got a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However at the end of the day the Spurs got a le out of him and some good resources (you never get equal value for a superstar). Just think how many stars have left small markets and the team gets nothing in return- and never got a le.
    Heartbreaking how many things changed with Zaza.
    Would the Spurs have Champed in 2017? Yes imo. Don't feed me any b.s. about the *great and powerful Twinky Warriors.*

Thus would all have been well between Nephew and Spurs? I think so.
    His tendon would have probably given out regardless but we would have had another shot as Toronto did in 19.

Clippers 20 as much as Nephew failed, the real moron moves imo were Balmer hiring known choker Doc Rivers and the asinine move to acquire Playoff Pee. Surely some FA stars would have been very interested in LA with Nephew and the younger good players they had. I know it sounds like it was Nephew and Uncle who insisted on Playoff Pee. Ha ha reap what you sowed.

Spurs with Nephew in 17, 18, 19, 20 i think keep up the 50 wins and at least one Champ in 17.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heartbreaking how many things changed with Zaza.
    Would the Spurs have Champed in 2017? Yes imo. Don't feed me any b.s. about the *great and powerful Twinky Warriors.*

Thus would all have been well between Nephew and Spurs? I think so.
    His tendon would have probably given out regardless but we would have had another shot as Toronto did in 19.

Clippers 20 as much as Nephew failed, the real moron moves imo were Balmer hiring known choker Doc Rivers and the asinine move to acquire Playoff Pee. Surely some FA stars would have been very interested in LA with Nephew and the younger good players they had. I know it sounds like it was Nephew and Uncle who insisted on Playoff Pee. Ha ha reap what you sowed.

Spurs with Nephew in 17, 18, 19, 20 i think keep up the 50 wins and at least one Champ in 17.
    They got Paul George because Kawhi demanded it as a condition of signing with them. I also don’t think a hypothetical chip in 17 moves the needle. He walked away from a near lock of a repeat in Toronto. He and his family are just awful. Some of us saw it in 2017-2018, and some are just seeing it now with the Clippers re-run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than a year removed from a kidney transplant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/04/20/cli...t-next-season/
    Clippers won't say if Kawhi Leonard will be ready for opening night next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such good karma. Nephew, for being how he is, is basically just fighting to stay healthy for one game at this point.

Plus the Nail Clippers, with all that bull tampering they did and still being a winless franchise. them all, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's to say Leonard's camp won't peg San Antonio's 'mistreatment' as the birth of his current ailments. That accounting could stick, no matter how big a yarn it is

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That twitter thread is hilarious. Just falling over themselves to paint Nephew as a positive teammate and asset to the team. LMFAO, dude’s only contribution to a team is when he is on the court, that’s it. Especially funny when Frank talks about him being locked in on his rehab, there have been multiple reports of him freezing out the team and media during his rehab, just like he did in the past. How the would Frank know anything about him being locked in unless he literally meant locked in a room by himself. What a show, they probably deserve this getting in bed with neph and uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's to say Leonard's camp won't peg San Antonio's 'mistreatment' as the birth of his current ailments. That accounting could stick, no matter how big a yarn it is
    Recency bias...no one will give a at this point.

Also, Kawhi went on to win a championship le in Toronto and had another decent run in L.A. before they choked it away in the bubble...oh, also while only playing like half seasons.

That's like saying I still have foot problems because I stubbed my toe when I was 12. Anybody stupid enough to believe it is not an opinion worth valuing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he’s the only one that gets pegged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He moved to LA to get the best sponsorships. Whats spookier than the leg that never heals driving the human insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He moved to LA to get the best sponsorships. Whats spookier than the leg that never heals driving the human insane
    WTF? NB didn’t even want him anymore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? NB didn’t even want him anymore?
    Uh, do you not see the two NB logos there?

Its a collab shoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That narrative is quickly dying thanks to his exploits in LA. Guys like Kevin O’Conner etc when they comment on the situation, you can read between the lines now of what they say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, do you not see the two NB logos there?

Its a collab shoe.
    Sorry, the green slime kind of visually drowns it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who that reporter is. It wouldn't be surprising if the Clips were annoyed with Leonard, but I also would assume they gave him that new contract fully understanding he wouldn't be available this season. Feels like a reporter throwing against the wall that seems plausible and hoping it'll stick
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Clippers or Kawhi come out to deny this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Clippers or Kawhi come out to deny this?
    Clippers are probably the ones who are leaking it, and Nephew is a mute so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got a glimpse of how his career could have gone. But with the choices he made and how he handled everything I really don't feel sorry for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Clippers won't trade Kawhi and I know they probably should give it one more year, especially with the west not really having a dominant team. But they should think about trading him. And honestly they should trade him this summer. If I am a sports bettor, do I wager money on the Clippers to win the championship next year? I don't think I do. They might. They might win the west next year with a healthy duo of Kawhi and PG13. But man this would be the summer to trade Kawhi bc you could get a ransom for him. You wait a year and he gets hurt again or underperforms, you're not going to get as much for him.

Sidenote: if I were Durant, I would do everything I can to get to Dallas. I don't know how he could do it, but that ship is about to sink fast. He needs to tie his legacy to Luka, an unproven rising star, and try to reach the mountaintop again that way. The west is weak right now. And Brooklyn is being run by Kyrie ing Irving. Abandon ship KD

Thread Information