Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs were to hypothetically take Jalen Williams at 9, I think MarJon becomes an afterthought though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it hard to believe the Spurs would take Jalen Williams at 9. Of course there's great precedence with their attention to the combine. But he just feels like a higher floor / lower ceiling guy you'd love to have but is a reach in the top 10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A big reach at 10 but Spurs have done stupid things like this before ie..Primo. I honestly have no idea who the Spurs are picking at any pick, I just pray they don't it up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers hiring Schmitz and him some how convincing them to go Daniels pushing Murray to the Spurs would be epic.
    Schmitz is also big on Murray. It's highly unlikely he makes it to 7, but if he does he won't fall further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need AJ Griffin to go top 8 to push someone back, and it's looking more and more unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade #9 and #20 for #7 if Murray is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need AJ Griffin to go top 8 to push someone back, and it's looking more and more unlikely.
    I dunno, I could see Sacramento do something completely silly like that. Griffin is well-regarded, really, even if we on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a rumour but Mavs/Magic well respected in the draft community…

Arguably heard less from Duren over the last couple of months than Sharpe.
    ‘Mavs/Magic also goes onto say in a retweet that he doesn’t believe Eason is doing well in workouts atm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno, I could see Sacramento do something completely silly like that. Griffin is well-regarded, really, even if we on him.
    That would be completely idi0tic. Then again, they did pick Marvin Bagley ahead of Luka, so if someone can pull it off, it's them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a rumour but Mavs/Magic well respected in the draft community…

Arguably heard less from Duren over the last couple of months than Sharpe.
    ‘Mavs/Magic also goes onto say in a retweet that he doesn’t believe Eason is doing well in workouts atm.
    Each lotto pick gets a time of hype. I wonder if Charlotte is facing the prospect of both level 1 centers going before their picks -- in Mark Williams and Duren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the order could change, but right now I don't see any of 4-7 taking the risk on Sharpe. Even though they're often ranked behind, I get the sense Mathurin and Daniels (unclear how much influence Schmitz will have, but he's a big fan) end up ahead.

He probably won't get past 8, but if he did they'd be fools to not select him.
    By Schmitz & Givony: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...raft-big-three
    Murray could also be a day one contributor for the Trail Blazers (No. 7) as an excellent fit alongside Damian Lillard and Anfernee Simons given his versatility, shooting touch and mature game. -- Schmitz
    Portland looks like another intriguing landing spot at No. 7. Daniels would be an excellent fill-in-the-blanks, all-around wing to play off Damian Lillard and Anfernee Simons as the Trail Blazers figure out what their long-term future looks like as it pertains to Dame Time, giving Daniels time to acclimate until he's ready to step into a bigger offensive role. A backcourt of Simons and Daniels could complement each other extremely well, allowing Simons to defend the easier of the guard matchups while being allowed to focus heavily on what he does best -- score. -- Givony
    So I'm guessing they'll pick whichever is available out of Keegan Murray and Dyson Daniels, that's if they don't trade for Jerami Grant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be completely idi0tic. Then again, they did pick Marvin Bagley ahead of Luka, so if someone can pull it off, it's them.
    AJ Griffin should probably go in the top 10 and anything after the top 3 could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft has a lot of interesting prospects, it’s gonna be hard for the spurs to screw up lol I think in this draft the spurs will really focus in on size and rebounding imo.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report | Updated 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Why Teams Are Nervous About Chet Holmgren
    Jonathan Wasserman, May 31, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Johnny Davis (Wisconsin, SG, Sop re)

20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Ousmane Dieng (New Zealand Breakers, SG/SF, 2003)

Dieng buzzing, but not everyone on board

Dieng's rise became a common talking point after a late-season breakout in the NBL. The idea of a 6'9" wing who can handle and shot-make is obviously enticing, and his productive stretch from March to April came at a time when teams were looking/hoping for new talent to emerge. But not every team is buying the hype. Some think he's merely an idea, or that he's too raw and underdeveloped physically to confidently invest in. All it takes is one team to see upside that's worth spending a few years trying to unlock. It wouldn't be a total shock if Dieng went in the late lottery. But he's not a sure thing to land there. He may make more sense for a team that has multiple first-round picks to gamble with.

25. San Antonio Spurs (via Bucks): Ismael Kamagate (Paris Basketball, C, 2001)

38. San Antonio Spurs (via Lakers): Trevion Williams (Purdue, PF/C, Senior)

Trevion Williams becoming outlier worth betting on

On paper, it's tough to picture an NBA fit in a 265-pound big who is a limited shooter and defender. But Williams looks easier to buy after scrimmaging in Chicago. He opened with a 14-point, 13-rebound, five-assist line on Thursday. It's well known that he's one of the draft's most skilled passers, but he also flashed some wiggle off the dribble and touch, both around the post and behind the arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanNation Inside the Thunder | NBA Mock Draft: Thunder Take Two Swings in Lottery
    Nick Crain, May 30, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Bennedict Mathurin (Guard | Arizona)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 9.0: Where does Shaedon Sharpe slot after the NBA Combine?
    Tyler Byrum and Chase Hughes, 22H ago, aka 30 May 2022

09 San Antonio Spurs: Bennedict Mathurin

Team: Arizona
    Year: Sop re
    Position: SG/SF
    Height/Weight: 6'7, 195 lbs

A lengthy playmaker on the wing is exactly what the Spurs need to amplify their current roster led by Dejounte Murray. Mathurin is expected to be a plug-and-play compe or that brings high energy and a contagious style. There would be no better landing spot for Mathurin as the Spurs development system could round out the question marks in his game while still allowing him to see action on the floor.
    20 San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Nikola Jovic

Team: Mega Basket (ABA League/ International)
    Position: SG/SF
    Height/Weight: 6'10, 209 lbs

Playing a full season in the ABA was huge for Jovic to follow up his impressive U19 World Cup performance. At 6-foot-10, Jovic is a unicorn-type who can do everything on the offensive end of the floor. Once he bulks up and is able to defend his position at the NBA level, he has star potential.
    25 San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): E.J. Liddell

Team: Ohio State
    Year: Junior
    Position: PF
    Height/Weight: 6'7, 240 lbs

While a junior at Ohio St., Liddell improved significantly all three years at school. He is now a legitimate outside threat, who can make plays off the dribble and has an advanced midrange fadeaway. Liddell is quick up and down the floor, with a strong build at 6-foot-7. He also blocks 2.5 shots per game. The trajectory he has shown so far of getting much better each year should be a great sign for any team that drafts him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided Piston Powered | 2022 NBA mock draft: Detroit Pistons make a trade
    Aaron Kellerstrass, 3 hours ago, AKA 31 May 2022

Pistons getting #7 Bennedict Mathurin for Jerami Grant

AJ Griffin
    Forward Duke / San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs made the play-in this season and still walked way with the 9th pick, so they have to be pretty excited.

They’d be even more excited if Griffin fell to them here, as he might be the best 3-point shooter in the 2022 NBA Draft, which is a skill the Spurs desperately need.

He’s a nice fit with Dejounte Murray and Josh Primo and would give the Spurs a good young core to build around. If the Spurs could get a guy like Griffin, they’d also be in a position to make a trade to add a star player and go for it now.

I think the Spurs are another wildcard in this draft, as they could easily trade back here, especially if someone was desperate to move up and willing to offer a future first rounder to move back a few spots.

Griffin falling this far would give the Spurs some leverage in a trade.
    #20-Spurs via Raptors

E.J. Liddell: Power forward, Ohio State

#25-San Antonio Spurs via Celtics

Blake Wesley: Guard, Notre Dame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report | Updated 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Why Teams Are Nervous About Chet Holmgren
    Jonathan Wasserman, May 31, 2022
    Lol. BR got a 20 at 9 and a 9 at 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 9.0: Where does Shaedon Sharpe slot after the NBA Combine?
    Tyler Byrum and Chase Hughes, 22H ago, aka 30 May 2022
    I'd LOVE this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith to Magic at No. 1 ahead of Chet Holmgren; Bennedict Mathurin into top five
    Colin Ward-Henninger, May 31, 2022

Round 1 - Pick 9
    TyTy Washington Jr. PG
    Kentucky • Fr • 6'3" / 197 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    6th
    POSITION RNK
    1st
    PPG
    RPG
    APG
    3P%
    35%
    The Spurs clearly need a secondary ball-handler next to Dejounte Murray, and Washington is an excellent choice with his ability to create offense for both himself and for others. He's also more than capable as an off-ball 3-point shooter, allowing him to both play alongside Murray and serve as the backup point guard.
    Round 1 - Pick 20
    Patrick Baldwin Jr. PF
    Milwaukee • Fr • 6'9" / 220 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    37th
    POSITION RNK
    9th
    PPG
    RPG
    APG
    3P%
    26.6%
    Baldwin was one of the top recruits in the country coming out of high school, but his draft stock plummeted after a horrific season at Milwaukee. The Spurs are just the type of organization to read through the noise and see a 6-9 bucket-getter with a 7-2 wingspan who has advanced shooting and scoring potential to go along with a "best player on the floor" type of confidence. Baldwin could end up being a huge steal if he falls this far, and San Antonio will be glad to get him in its program.
    Round 1 - Pick 25
    Jake LaRavia PF
    Wake Forest • Jr • 6'8" / 235 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    27th
    POSITION RNK
    7th
    PPG
    RPG
    APG
    3P%
    38.4%
    LaRavia just seems to do everything well -- a trait that Gregg Popovich would likely find useful. The 6-8 forward has great instincts on both ends of the floor, and projects as a knock-down 3-point shooter, particularly from the corners. He also has some point-forward potential given his passing ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! | 2022 NBA Mock Draft, Vol. 2
    Raphielle Johnson, June 2, 2022

9. San Antonio: SF A.J. Griffin (Duke)

The Spurs have three first-round picks, which could open the door to the team taking a "swing" with one of those choices, as they did with Joshua Primo last year. Griffin's 3-point shooting ability, as he made close to 45% of his 4.1 attempts per game at Duke last season, would help a team that ranked 26th in makes, 25th in attempts, and 18th in percentage. San Antonio ranked 18th in offensive rating and having another consistent perimeter shooter could help Gregg Popovich's team in its quest to avoid the play-in tournament after landing there each of the last two seasons.
    20. San Antonio (from Toronto): SG Jaden Hardy (G League Ignite)

Hardy has the potential to be a high-level scorer, but he can be a bit streaky. That may say more about his decision-making than it does his shooting ability, as Hardy did shoot better than 88% from the foul line. Being able to play off of a point guard in Dejounte Murray, who's very good at getting guys shots in spots where they can be successful, would help Hardy. And as noted above, with San Antonio having three first-round picks it would not be all that shocking if they took a gamble with one of them.
    25. San Antonio (from Boston): SF Caleb Houstan (Michigan)

It was reported by ESPN's Jonathan Givony last month that some believe that Houstan may have a first-round promise, which led to his decision to turn down an invitation to the NBA Draft Combine. If that's the case, the team in question is obviously under the impression that his numbers at Michigan don't match up with the player that he can potentially be. Houstan shot just over 38% from the field this past season, but at 6-foot-8 he has good size for an NBA wing. With regard to where he could potentially go, a team with multiple firsts (San Antonio has three) could fit the bill.
    38. San Antonio (from LA Lakers via Chicago and Washington): PG/SG Hugo Besson (New Zealand Breakers)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last two are terrible mocks I would cry if we drafted those players just terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    247 Sports | 2022 NBA mock draft: We predict every team's first-round selection
    Joel Ryan, May 31, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Mark Williams, Duke

San Antonio Spurs 2021-2022 regular-season record: 24-48

Mark Williams is a 7-foot center. He'll be 20 on draft night.

High ceiling

247Sports' Adam Finkelstein notes that, at Duke, Mark Williams was asked to play just two specific roles: "rim protector and finisher." Finkelstein writes that Williams' "soft touch" and free-throw skills indicate that has has even more to offer.
    20. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto Raptors): Jaden Hardy, Ignite (G League)

Toronto Raptors 2021-2022 regular-season record: 48-34

The Toronto Raptors ceded this pick to the San Antonio Spurs as part of the Goran Dragic trade.

Jaden Hardy is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who most recently played for the Ignite team of the NBA's developmental G League.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (from Boston Celtics): Justin Lewis, Marquette

Boston Celtics 2021-2022 regular-season record: 51-31

The Boston Celtics ceded this pick to the San Antonio Spurts in the Derrick White trade.

Justin Lewis is a 6-foot-7 power forward who'll be 20 on draft night. CBS Sports rates him as the 25th-best prospect in the 2022 NBA Draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, these last three mocks are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Lewis, eh?

Talk about under-the-radar pick.

Thread Information