Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash preparing his cult mob to start rioting and shooting because Dems stole the WH from Trash.

Also telegraphing that he and Barr will contest the election, demand investigations and recounts to invalidate EC votes for Biden, knock Biden below 270, the election goes to the House. Trash wins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all Trump, tbh.

he wants a spoiled election; his dutiful lickspittles in government and in the 50 states know what to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cons utional script would be roughly thus, if the EC can't certify a winner the election goes to the US House, where Trump will be reelected on a party line vote.

Trump thinks he's going to lose, so he's going to screw up the election on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is 3rd world country authoritarian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cons utional script would be roughly thus, if the EC can't certify a winner the election goes to the US House, where Trump will be relected on a party line vote.

Trump thinks he's going to lose, so he's going to screw up the election on purpose.
    House currently has a dem majority

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Pretty sure each state gets one vote in the cir stance of a contested election, it's not a normal house vote (i.e., the one congressman in Wyoming counts as much as the 50+ in California get put together).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so edgy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Will Hunting mentioned above state delegations vote, not sure off the top of my head how that would break down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd world countries are as good as us, can't call them holes tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If the Dems get the Senate and White House, they should go medieval in busting all the antiquated rules that over-represent small states. Grant statehood to DC and Puerto Rico and start splitting up blue states until the Republicans agree to a cons utional amendment that gets rid of the electoral college and doesn't give Wyoming as many senators as California.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure each state gets one vote in the cir stance of a contested election, it's not a normal house vote (i.e., the one congressman in Wyoming counts as much as the 50+ in California get put together).
    That’s further down the tiebreak list. Full house votes first. If nobody has a majority, then they do that one state thing

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That’s further down the tiebreak list. Full house votes first. If nobody has a majority, then they do that one state thing
    Can you provide a link? I don't think that's right but I could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you provide a link? I don't think that's right but I could be wrong.
    Ah you were right

From article 2 section 1 of the cons ution

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representatives from each State having one Vote; a quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice-President.
    https://www.cons uteproject.org/co...f_America_1992

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happens when we're lead by a 3rd world country authoritarian piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sr21, is this still acccurate?

The operation of political parties had thus turned the game of presidential politics into a team sport. The players had to change the rules, and did so with the Twelfth Amendment, which reshaped the Electoral College in 1804: henceforth, electors would vote separately for President and Vice President. Two more recent amendments modified the system further. In 1933, the Twentieth Amendment specified that the new Congress would meet seventeen days before the new President's Inauguration. By statute, the new Senate and House, not the lame ducks, pick the President and Vice President if the Electoral College produces no majority. The second change, a relatively minor one, came in 1961: the Twenty-third Amendment granted the District of Columbia the right to cast three electoral votes, although the District still has no representatives or senators and could not vote in any House or Senate election.

https://www.theatlantic.com/past/doc...t/deadlock.htm

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ah you were right

From article 2 section 1 of the cons ution

https://www.cons uteproject.org/co...f_America_1992
    It's poorly worded but I think "representatives from each state having one vote" means each state has 1 vote. Why else would you include the clause "from each state" in that sentence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election
    Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, the House of Representatives is required to go into session immediately after the counting of the electoral votes to vote for president if no candidate for the office receives a majority of the electoral votes. In this event, the House is limited to choosing from among the three candidates who received the most electoral votes. Each state delegation votes en bloc, with each state having a single vote. A candidate is required to receive an absolute majority of state delegation votes (currently 26 votes) in order for that candidate to become the president-elect. The District of Columbia, which is not a state, does not receive a vote. The House continues balloting until it elects a president.
    https://www.270towin.com/content/ele...-college-ties/
    If neither candidate gets a majority of the 538 electoral votes, the election for President is decided in the House of Representatives, with each state delegation having one vote. A majority of states (26) is needed to win. Senators would elect the Vice-President, with each Senator having a vote. A majority of Senators (51) is needed to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's poorly worded but I think "representatives from each state having one vote" means each state has 1 vote. Why else would you include the clause "from each state" in that sentence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election

https://www.270towin.com/content/ele...-college-ties/
    yeah like i said, you were right

the only house only votes if there is a tie, per the first part of what i bolded in my post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sidebar:

vote manipulation in presidential elections goes back to the very beginning. In 1800, Aaron Burr cir vented New York's requirement that voters own a minimum amount of property by persuading landless Republicans to pool their funds and purchase enough as "joint tenants" to meet the requirement. The special magic of the joint tenancy was that each tenant, no matter how large the group or how small his contribution, "owned" the entire estate. The Federalists responded by locating a loophole in New Jersey law, which did not specifically exclude women from voting. They marched their wives, daughters, and any other females they could find to the polls and buried the male Republican vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, as far as i'm aware

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Dems get the Senate and White House, they should go medieval in busting all the antiquated rules that over-represent small states. Grant statehood to DC and Puerto Rico and start splitting up blue states until the Republicans agree to a cons utional amendment that gets rid of the electoral college and doesn't give Wyoming as many senators as California.
    Not until you get rid of cucks like Pelosi and Schumer.

They care more about what republicans think than doing whatever its right or if they just feel like it because they can. Harry Reid was establishment as but at least he had the balls to pull the trigger when republicans flat out refused to work with them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not until you get rid of cucks like Pelosi and Schumer.

They care more about what republicans think than doing whatever its right or if they just feel like it because they can. Harry Reid was establishment as but at least he had the balls to pull the trigger when republicans flat out refused to work with them.
    I disagree about Reid, I think he was a bigger pussy than Jewmer or Pelosi. Pelosi got a much better healthcare bill through the house that had a public option, then Reid let McConnell chop it up and make it so the bill ultimate passed was a duplicate of Bob Dole's healthcare proposal from 15 years earlier.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    IMO the system where only white male property owners could vote was more ed up than anything that blurb described

Thread Information