Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I bailed with 30 minutes left
    i watched it today again, cause a friend wanted to see it and he fell asleep half way. That part when they come to the Raiden temple really is boring.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol you mean you let your boyfriend pimp your spot. calf
    You're so funny bro.. Almost as funny as claiming this MK is any better than the old ones that sucked just as much. Weak as movie just like you bro.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i watched it today again, cause a friend wanted to see it and he fell asleep half way. That part when they come to the Raiden temple really is boring.
    The best part of the movie was the first ten minutes with the Sub-zero/Japan plot. I was excited thinking it was going to be like that. Was all down hill after that. I dont give a about Cole. Kano was the only good character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The best part of the movie was the first ten minutes with the Sub-zero/Japan plot. I was excited thinking it was going to be like that. Was all down hill after that. I dont give a about Cole. Kano was the only good character.
    yeap, that part is by far the best. They even put it on youtube like 2 days before the movie hit HBO/cinemas, so i think they also knew that was the best part. But, as you said, it goes downhill after that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    They should have gotten whoever choreographed the Ip man series to do the fight scenes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    give it to Gareth Evans who made the Raid movies and cast Scott Adkins as Cage. It sucks that the studio will probably give the Cage role to someone who can't fight at all, so his fights will look like in the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeap, that part is by far the best. They even put it on youtube like 2 days before the movie hit HBO/cinemas, so i think they also knew that was the best part. But, as you said, it goes downhill after that.

by far the best part of the movie. after that it kinda goes downhill.
    Seems like you said it before me, my bad. Guess I wasn’t the only one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good movie overall, had some slow moments and lampooned itself a bit, but the fight scenes were done well. The main protagonist was a pussy though. What was his power, getting the kicked out of him?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Can’t believe how this was. Have to wait a whole movie to introduce Johnny Cage while Making Cole Young the damn star lol who couldn’t act for either

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They may not green light a sequel but a bunch of the actors are signed on to multi movie deals
    They need to forget that . Hardly any of them could act the dialogue was terrible. “He’s about to get his soul sucked”. Come on man

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They have gone back to the Subzero/Scorpion well way too much and not developed any characters past introductory levels. Even Liu Kang is a pussy with only his finishing moves highlighted. The 1st few minutes of Subzero and Scorpion were great, showed promise. Once they introduced that ing pussy Cole and the stupid family angle, it turned south quickly. Kung Lao was on though, just need to can the Cole idea.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the MCU's past success has changed people's mindset going into action/scifi films like both this and Godzilla vs Kong.... they expect really well rounded movies with top notch CGI, action, character development, etc etc...

MK is a video game movie and on that scale it was pretty ing entertaining lol. I laughed at the cheesiness. Kano was like this movie's Johnny Cage, bewildered at all the nonsense of it all and giving us laughs along the way. Let's just hope Cole isn't in the next one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the MCU's past success has changed people's mindset going into action/scifi films like both this and Godzilla vs Kong.... they expect really well rounded movies with top notch CGI, action, character development, etc etc...

MK is a video game movie and on that scale it was pretty ing entertaining lol. I laughed at the cheesiness. Kano was like this movie's Johnny Cage, bewildered at all the nonsense of it all and giving us laughs along the way. Let's just hope Cole isn't in the next one
    That "it's just a video game movie" mindset needs to ing change. There are plenty of games nowadays that take a massive on most movies when it comes to complexity of narratives, character development, etc. Yet these studios keep missing the mark because all they focus on are visuals.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That "it's just a video game movie" mindset needs to ing change. There are plenty of games nowadays that take a massive on most movies when it comes to complexity of narratives, character development, etc. Yet these studios keep missing the mark because all they focus on are visuals.
    That's true who doesn't want better movies for any genre ever? But video game movies A to Z are what they are thus far. The abortion well goes deep with video game movies lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Its sad that a movie from 95 that was based on the first 2 games, which had pretty much no story in them, is superior to this in everything other than the CGI. I didnt expect a masterpiece from a first time director and a writer that cant write, but still it should have been better. Perhaps just follow the story of the game and dont make re ed characters like Cole Young, cause you think the audience needs a character to introduce you to this universe. Imagine Harry Potter having a Cole Young in there. So yea, I guess I do expect them to make a good video game movie and not just put fatalities in there and expect everyone to be happy.

Thread Information