Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LINK

Crawford: I would talk to him tomorrow. ... I have not reached out to him and he has not reached out to me. What would I say to him? Great question! I would just say to him that it cost me more money than it cost you if we went by percentages of salary. No, you know what? I would just say to him, if we got down to it, the nitty gritty, we are sitting there having a couple of beers, I would say, "Hey, I made a mistake."

Seems a little salty to me still tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncna.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was actually a pretty good ref for us over the last 5 years.

Dan Crawford, Ed Malloy, and Ken Mauer.. Those are some terrible refs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, last time I checked, we had a good call ratio with him running things. He mentions how he can't go anywhere without people asking about Duncan. Sure he was pumped before every game to get it right with the spurs after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worse ref in the NBA is the chick Laura holdkamp. Yeah, I screwed the spelling but u get my point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncna

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know who this Duncna guy is but I'm glad Jamal Crawford feels such remorse towards him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    that game/loss had playoffs implications. it had happened later in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was actually a pretty good ref for us over the last 5 years.

Dan Crawford, Ed Malloy, and Ken Mauer.. Those are some terrible refs
    the last 5 years would mean from 2011 to 2016. 2013 WCF game 6 was 3 years ago

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the last 5 years would mean from 2011 to 2016. 2013 WCF game 6 was 3 years ago
    You mean 2013 Finals game 6.

Also, 2012 WCF game 6...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was like, what did Jamaal Crawford do this time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't forget that Fisher no call on Barry for the tie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't forget that Fisher no call on Barry for the tie.
    Clear foul but wasnt another ref closer???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope, he was right there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crawford's first answer was the tell. It's all about the Benjamins with that dude. He's bought and paid for. Nobody cares about his phony remorse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean 2013 Finals game 6.

Also, 2012 WCF game 6...
    yeah, i mean 2012 wcf. that was 4.

We weren't cheated in the 2013 finals. We recieved more calls than the Heat. That was popovich deciding to play gary neal and ginobli a majority of the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crawford was an arrogant, egotistical asshole. After the suspension over ejecting Duncan, he went to counseling, and admitted he had been a . And he improved his outlook. Doesn't make every call after that perfect. But it did make him less of a .

I have to have some respect for a guy who can admit he ed up and take responsibility. Doesn't mean I'll agree with everything he does or says for the rest of his life.

You ing . Don't you dare bring facts or perspective into a discussion of the Spurs.

Signed,

SpursTalk Faithful

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i mean 2012 wcf. that was 4.

We weren't cheated in the 2013 finals. We recieved more calls than the Heat. That was popovich deciding to play gary neal and ginobli a majority of the series.
    Disagree,

Ginobili fouled by Ray Allen on a potential GW layup attempt right under Cue Ball's nose...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, he was right there.

I still have no idea how that as not a foul? Brent should have went right into him instead of trying to avoid him and shot the ball and they would have no choice but to call that one man. Brent shied away when he should not have IMO. Brent should have just went up right away into him and shot it, why he tried to avoid him no clue. You always go for the foul draw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please

Just before that, there was a bad call against the Lakers

So stop whining about the non-call on Brent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best to ever do it. I used to hate him (oh who am I kidding, I still kinda do arbitrarily) but that was before I fully appreciated the home crowd's influence on lesser refs, especially during the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if this opinion ruffles some feathers, but regarding the non call on Brent Barry, I think Crawford saved Barry from being remembered as an all-time choker. In my opinion, Barry would have missed at least two if not all three free throws. Barry was not a star; he was a role player. My money would be on role players missing FTs in that situation.

Everything happens for a reason. In this case, Joey saved Brent from being Nick Anderson 2.0

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Crawford, that got fined big for allowing Tim to check in after the replay on Allen's 3 in 6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/allens-...1454--nba.html
    Allen's Game 6 3 cost refs money, nearly caused NBA headache

By BRIAN MAHONEY (AP Basketball Writer)
    16 hours ago
    AP - Sports
    SECAUCUS, N.J. (AP) -- Ray Allen's 3-pointer in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals did more than cost the San Antonio Spurs a championship.

It cost referee Joe Crawford money.

And if the Spurs scored on the next possession and won the le, it could have caused the NBA a massive headache - and possibly led the Miami Heat to file a protest while San Antonio was celebrating.

Crawford revealed that the referees incorrectly allowed Tim Duncan to enter the game during a video review following Allen's tying basket, a rules violation that led to a fine for the officiating crew.

''That's the way it should be. You screwed it up, you screwed it up,'' Crawford said during an interview at the NBA's Replay Center. ''We just lucked out.''

Allen's 3-pointer from the corner with 5.2 seconds left in regulation tied it at 95. Referee Mike Callahan told Crawford he wanted to review the play to make sure Allen was behind the arc, though Crawford thought he clearly was.

''I said, 'He's behind the line like this,''' Crawford said, holding his hands a few inches apart. ''And he says, 'I want to check.' He says, 'It's too important.' So I said, 'All right.'

''So we go over and what happens, Duncan came in the game and he's not allowed to come in the game. So he came in the game, thank God he didn't score a bucket. That would have been awful.''

Actually, it may not have mattered if it was Duncan. Any Spurs player could have scored and the Heat would have been able to protest that the Spurs had an illegal player in the game - a protest that would have had a good chance of being upheld and forced the game to be replayed from that point.

But after Duncan replaced Boris Diaw and inbounded the ball on San Antonio's final possession, Tony Parker missed a jumper that would have given the Spurs the championship. The Heat pulled it out in overtime and won Game 7 to take the le.

By the time Crawford left the arena that night, he already knew he was going to hear from his bosses over the illegal subs ution.

''You know you're in trouble,'' he said. ''You're very happy that you got through the game and you're not, you really weren't the focal point of the game. But what happens is everybody is texting and emailing back and forth, and (saying), 'Joe, you know that Duncan got in the game.'''

Crawford had already lost money because of Duncan before, when he ejected the Spurs star while he was laughing on the bench in a 2007 game and was suspended for the rest of that season. This time, Crawford was all too happy to part with the money, knowing how much worse it could have turned out.

''I'll pay the fine. No, no, no. I'll pay that fine,'' Crawford said, joking that he told Callahan he should pay it for him for ordering the review.

Crawford couldn't remember the exact amount of the fine, and the NBA doesn't reveal it. But he understands why the league has to issue penalties for misses like that one.

''It's no joke here,'' he said. ''When you blow a rule it's a protest, so that's why you study it.''

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please

Just before that, there was a bad call against the Lakers

So stop whining about the non-call on Brent
    It goes both ways but damn that was a foul if I have ever seen one! Brent did not sell the foul well though when he should have just jumped in to him and shot the ball to draw the foul. Either or Spurs were not winning that series IMO, they blew it in that game one losing that huge lead.
    ''I said, 'He's behind the line like this,''' Crawford said, holding his hands a few inches apart. ''And he says, 'I want to check.' He says, 'It's too important.' So I said, 'All right.'

''So we go over and what happens, Duncan came in the game and he's not allowed to come in the game. So he came in the game, thank God he didn't score a bucket. That would have been awful.''

They it would have been AWFUL, If he scored a bucket it would have been great damnit
    Last edited by Sean Cagney; 03-27-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information