View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect now?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

24 21.43%
  • Moses Moody

13 11.61%
  • Alperen Sengun

26 23.21%
  • Josh Giddey

7 6.25%
  • Kai Jones

16 14.29%
  • James Bouknight

2 1.79%
  • Jalen Johnson

13 11.61%
  • Usman Garuba

5 4.46%
  • Keon Johnson

3 2.68%
  • Jaden Springer

3 2.68%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player I don't want is Giddey cause he is going to get destroyed on the defensive side - I am OK with Sengun, Bouknight , and Moody. Those I think are the 3 players that might be available when we draft but for the record I be happy with who ever they draft as this year I don't have a dog in the fight of which player I want.

For me not really excited for some reason about this draft I can say that looking at next draft "OH YEAH"...
    I’ve seen comparisons of Giddey with Kyle Anderson and I don’t see it. What allowed Anderson to stick in the league even with a bad shoulder affecting his shooting was his go go gadget arms at 7’3” and good hands to go with them, plus good understanding of team defense, he makes a lot of plays on the ball generating steals blocks and deflections that will never be possible for Giddey. I dare say without those arms Anderson wouldn’t be an nba player bc he’s slow and his shot took a long time coming. The arms also help him get blocks despite not having hops because he has elite standing reach for a perimeter player. I really like Giddey’s passing and maybe he will pull himself into a different kind of player but he won’t be Anderson.

Then of course if the answers that he isn’t comparable to Anderson then what is he. Maybe joe ingles if he can ever shoot as well as ingles can. The league is definitely kinder to slower wings than it used to but they need to have an elite skill. I’d say for Anderson that was elite team defense whereas for ingles it was shooting with a well rounded game. I don know if Giddey will be able to shoot or defend like either of these slow wings but maybe he can. He’s young, but it’s not clear enough…. To me the T-Rex arms did him in more than the lack of elite athleticism. I think am NBA player needs to have something to impact the game on defenses. Giddey doesn’t seem to have it. Maybe I am wrong of course, I have only watched a little film.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our nba GM game in polish badketball forum. Sengun went with 7th pick. I am on clock with #8.
    Wagner Moody Kai or Johnson?
    Wagner or Moody. Kai or Johnson are no-gos for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final Pitch: Lottery is about BPA, upside, star potential. Let team needs be addressed in free agency. If he is there @ 12 wouldn’t it be comforting to have a guy who would give you buckets when defense tighten up.

I don't think he's a cultural fit. Can't see him playing w/in Pop's system, or the system a replacement coach puts in, plus Bouknight seems the type who wants to live in a big city. Don't see him sticking.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's a cultural fit. Can't see him playing w/in Pop's system, or the system a replacement coach puts in, plus Bouknight seems the type who wants to live in a big city. Don't see him sticking.
    Agreed. The talent seems to be there, though maybe getting overhyped a bit now, but we have to find a player that will stick it out in San Antonio and all that entails. I'm dubious of Bouknight and Jalen Johnson as well, though happy to be proven wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our nba GM game in polish badketball forum. Sengun went with 7th pick. I am on clock with #8.
    Wagner Moody Kai or Johnson?
    Keon Johnson at 8 would be a solid pick.

jalen would be a disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keon Johnson at 8 would be a solid pick.

jalen would be a disaster
    Last edited by John B; 07-20-2021 at 10:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Jalen to be a thing… I’ve been pretty well on the side of give him a chance.

Im not going to pretend to know him or what “character issues” he might have- but I can see Bagley type outcomes just like I can see grant Hill flashes in his workouts.

keon Johnson being my flavor of the week prospect right now is probably where my thought came from more than anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Don't see him sticking around." Yep.

That's the problem with Bouknight and I'm sure the Spurs have come to a decision, one way or the other, on that issue.

The Spurs could mold him into an elite player then he takes all their work and deposits it in NYC or LA.

If he's there at 12 (doubtful) he'll likely be the best player on the board. I'll trust the Spurs one way or the other . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Jalen to be a thing… I’ve been pretty well on the side of give him a chance.

Im not going to pretend to know him or what “character issues” he might have- but I can see Bagley type outcomes just like I can see grant Hill flashes in his workouts.

keon Johnson being my flavor of the week prospect right now is probably where my thought came from more than anything
    no on Jalen Johnson.

Keon Johnson's motor and defense is interesting though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen worked out with the GS 5 days ago and yesterday with Sacramento. He could be gone by 12th. I’m very high on his star potential, but yes I agree that he could be a primadona. Otherwise, this kid could be top 5. 6’9 man-size body at 19 and no short on athleticism, he is a position in need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen worked out with the GS 5 days ago and yesterday with Sacramento. He could be gone by 12th. I’m very high on his star potential, but yes I agree that he could be a primadona. Otherwise, this kid could be top 5. 6’9 man-size body at 19 and no short on athleticism, he is a position in need.
    I have absolutely no doubt Jalen Johnson is going to be a major headache for whatever team drafts him. Not only has he quit on teams in the past, including the preeminent college program in the country, he's actually said in draft interviews that he plans on doing what's best for himself and his family. Holy red flags.

He's not even that good. He's lazy, does bizarre on the court like fling passes out of bounds, and is often disinterested in basic things like defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the assessment of a guy like Jalen Johnson really is one of those things that is nearly impossible from a regular fan's perspective, where almost all of the info is based on rumors and secondhand accounts. The FO of the Spurs will have the ability (unlike me) to call Coach K and chat, to talk directly to people who've spent actual time on court and in practice with JJ, etc... I definitely get a strange vibe from him, but also have to admit that his highlight reel in limited time is intriguing. Some of his passing is pretty brilliant, and of the best-pass-without-unnecessary-flash variety that shows the potential for mature decision making on the court. Of course, a career like OJ Mayo's still looms as a pretty big warning sign... so much talent, so much negative at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner / Moody / Sengun

Hopefully, one of them will be available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he seems to be able to score at will, but his assist/TO ratio is horrendous. I see Pop just yanking him out so fast after a TO and never see him again. He needs to tighten those dribbles. He’s an easy scorer but doesn’t really facilitate.
    all he does in the court has the go ahead clearance from the coach ang according to their game plan. He respect his coach very much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all he does in the court has the go ahead clearance from the coach ang according to their game plan. He respect his coach very much.
    But he averages 3 TO getting picked when he penetrates, much like DJ with his handles. I mean I think he’s an automatic scorer like Fox or SGA just that assist/TO ratio is concerning

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the next level he has to go thru. That’s where coaching comes. Interview has it that he’ll concentrate on playmaking next.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he value relationship. If its good, he’ll stick around.

https://twitter.com/jam3s210/status/...022397444?s=21
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 07-21-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player Comparison: James Bouknight vs Anthony Edwards

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...nthony-edwards

stats don’t lie.
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 07-21-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know him personally making the assumptions("seems the type") he won't want to stay in San Antonio?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know him personally making the assumptions("seems the type") he won't want to stay in San Antonio?

I’d say it’s a question for anyone we invest in with a high pick. Does his poor judgement/legal issue mean he’d pull a nephew? Not necessarily. Everyone is different. But bailing on small market teams is very common with high level talent (which means, typically, ball dominant scorers like him.) Anyway, it’s the state of the league. Drafting good character is more important than ever for the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does an interview gives away the character of a person? Do we consult psychologist or astrologer to know the psyche of a person. Does one petty crime defines who you are your whole life. He has skill coz obviously he works more than the other person does. Let’s start at that. Now, whether he leaves eventually depends how competing values will play out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does an interview gives away the character of a person? Do we consult psychologist or astrologer to know the psyche of a person. Does one petty crime defines who you are your whole life. He has skill coz obviously he works more than the other person does. Let’s start at that. Now, whether he leaves eventually depends how competing values will play out.
    You don't waste lottery picks and millions of dollars on bad bets. This ain't a video game with save points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know whether you’ve seen this yet? Know you are a fan so probably get a kick out of some of it. Slickly produced.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't waste lottery picks and millions of dollars on bad bets. This ain't a video game with save points.
    i will come back at this post whether the team that drafted Bouk placed a bad bets or not. And say “You are right” if they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will come back at this post whether the team that drafted Bouk placed a bad bets or not. And say “You are right” if they did.
    I actually thought you were talking about Jalen Johnson. Bouknight? I don't see him fitting into the team culture/philosophy. He's more of a freelancer on offense. He might do pretty well somewhere else but don't see him fitting in San Antonio. I think people like you don't really understand the Spurs and think we're the 76ers or Washington or something.

Thread Information