Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But of course I am not saying DJ>Simmons. I am simply saying DJ has been steadily closing the gap, he’s about to get his first role as a leading guy (he has gotten minutes and stuff but there is no real high usage guy in front of him now) and that there is real risk with Ben.
    This is true but i personally am not a bejountever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘d rather move White than Murray. DJ has improved every year, if he keeps that up he‘ll be a real piece while White is who he is and has no significant room for improvement other than shooting a lil bit better % from 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I move walker he is woke
    Always a loser and a piece of

I had hopes for him but he sure declined last year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST ting on all our players wanted to trade for a player on $35M/yr for the next 4 yrs who could not shoot with poor FT%, has a total of 3FA in 4th Q over 7 playoffs? Boy, the same guys would want him out within a month and s on PAFTO for unable to move him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice you had time between hitting Crtl-alt-delete all day to say something. Good job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT but Murray's sister died. RIP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad to hear. my condolences to him and those that knew her.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, that's awful to lose a sister so young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with Simmons isn't his 3 point shooting, it's his FT shooting -- that makes him unplayable in the crutch.

DRR, by contrast, was one of the best FT shooters in the entire league. Sure, neither can shoot 3s but the FT shooting makes it a huge difference between them.
    The issue most definitely is his 3pt shooting AND his fts.

Even if he could hit fts, the lack of spacing on offense is a huge issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for the 1st “Simmons just took off on a jet for San Antonio” “My mate works at the airport and Simmons and others just left for San Antonio” “Pop, Brian Wright and Burford just arrived in Philly looking tight lipped” “I’m at this restaurant on a date with a really hot chick and guess wot, Simmons is meeting with San Antonio front office” “Simmons just purchased a house down the street from me close to Patty Mills arena, home of the Spurs” “Ben just enrolled his pet cat in cat classes down by the river walk”

It’s happening…..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a stat geek but I'm going out on a limb assuming those vorp, win shares, LeBron, raptor type numbers are influenced by your team actually winning??? So if your on a squad that has been a contender past couple years and then wanna compare to a team that's been in limbo/slow rebuild mode that's going to be a grossly skewed comparison. And of course Ben's shooting percentage being so much higher is cause it's all layups and Djs actually includes midrange game n 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for the 1st “Simmons just took off on a jet for San Antonio” “My mate works at the airport and Simmons and others just left for San Antonio” “Pop, Brian Wright and Burford just arrived in Philly looking tight lipped” “I’m at this restaurant on a date with a really hot chick and guess wot, Simmons is meeting with San Antonio front office” “Simmons just purchased a house down the street from me close to Patty Mills arena, home of the Spurs” “Ben just enrolled his pet cat in cat classes down by the river walk”

It’s happening…..
    I've asked before, but are there any reliable sources saying the Spurs are even in discussion with Philly about Simmons? I mean other than the odd investigative call. Have there been any serious discussions that we know of? Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've asked before, but are there any reliable sources saying the Spurs are even in discussion with Philly about Simmons? I mean other than the odd investigative call. Have there been any serious discussions that we know of? Thanks.
    Marc Stein's podcast is the closest thing we have...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels on NBA Radio too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many posters seem to be overlooking the fact that Simmons ing sucks.

If he was a FA, he would be a $14m/yr player that teams would hesitate on due to his at ude and work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But of course I am not saying DJ>Simmons. I am simply saying DJ has been steadily closing the gap, he’s about to get his first role as a leading guy (he has gotten minutes and stuff but there is no real high usage guy in front of him now) and that there is real risk with Ben.
    I’ll happily say DJ>Ben.

Being able to be on the floor in the 4th Q isn’t a stat, but maybe it should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Daniels on NBA Radio too.
    Cheers. What did they say? (In summary or the gist of it.) Thanks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD then mentions that since he still lives in San Antonio and still talks with the brass over there, there are talks of an up and coming Ben Simmons trade. He wouldn’t go in more detail or give up his sources when Rick pushed him for more.

Zach Lowe :

Several teams -- including the Warriors, Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves -- have discussed Simmons with varying degrees of interest, sources said, but one reason talks haven't gone far is that the Sixers likely view Simmons as their path to Lillard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line: San Antonio is a small market that has overachieved. Players like Ben Simmons don't like small markets. I truly believe he is looking to go to a larger or more visible market to rehab his failing image. The only thing we do really know is that he probably won't be back in Philly and the odds of him coming to SA are very slim to none, no matter how many ST posters want it.

Its been said that he has no leverage, but he actually does have some. His leverage is his salary. He personally as a player doesn't have much but Philly is asking a ton and then some for the ghost of Simmons past, and some team will probably get dumb & desperate and then trade for him giving Philly a very bright future for a declining player. Even as bad as the spurs have been the last few years, I just don't see the spurs gutting a good part of the team and robbing their future for Simmons. Its just not in their nature.

The most likely thing to all this, is that the spurs might be a 3rd or 4th team to help facilitate a Simmons trade and maybe get something of value in return. They finally learned that trick this summer with the Westbrook trade. Perhaps they can do it again in a Simmons trade. That's 100 times more likely than Simmons actually playing for the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogdon (who the Pacers supposedly offered, along with a 1st, for Simmons a while back)

Pacers: Murray, Samanic

It's probably not quite enough for the Pacers
    On second thought, it's definitely not enough . . . if the misguided fools who think they're defending the Spurs honor weren't too busy attempting to play gotcha with something they misconstrued, they could have been calling me on this.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I move walker he is woke
    Always a loser and a piece of

I had hopes for him but he sure declined last year
    Never a response from this pussy.

Why do you still post here? No one ing wants your participation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never a response from this pussy.

Why do you still post here? No one ing wants your participation.
    Dude loves crying about politics in the NBA yet he won't stfu and constantly brings that into everything he posts here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc said we were trying to barge to the head of the Simmons sweepstakes (I'm paraphrasing)..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has barely improved since he came into the league. If he didn’t have his pedigree, he’d be a $20mm a year player at most and that’s only because of his defense.

Instead of figuring out how we can get Simmons, Wright should be figuring out ways to turn the pupu platter of decent young pieces that the clock is ticking on before they’ll be on more expensive contracts to help facilitate a trade, and possibly bring back even more assets.

As it stands right now and as many have pointed out, it’s impossible for them to all be long term fits. But the Spurs have the best collection of assets to facilitate trades in the league, particularly when recently traded and signed players can be moved … all of their draft picks, some expiring contracts, other guys on very reasonable contracts, etc.

Find a way to help him get to GS (where the fit is good!) or to purgatory in Minnesota. And get some assets out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Only Klutch-affiliated ESPN types dedicated to generating a market for their client.

Thread Information