Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka not going anywhere when he got playing time he produced and showed he deserves to be in the NBA - The Spurs though let Rudy get all the minutes knowing he would have to find another team this season. One reason I think Luka stays is that he showed good defense and actually was working really well with Poodle. One thing people forget about Pop is he has ZERO patience for players who forget there defensive rotations hence Walker always getting pulled - I would not be surprised if he get moved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are talking about LaMarcus, he was one of San Antonio's biggest premier free agent signings ever and put in a good 5.5 years with the Spurs. Sure, there was some friction...but they made it work out and he helped keep the Spurs relevant for a while.

Thad Young is...well....Thad Young. He's done nothing to earn the loyalty card yet.

Kinda like DeMarre Carroll tbh.

Edit: I need to learn to read the whole thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double Post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka not going anywhere when he got playing time he produced and showed he deserves to be in the NBA - The Spurs though let Rudy get all the minutes knowing he would have to find another team this season. One reason I think Luka stays is that he showed good defense and actually was working really well with Poodle. One thing people forget about Pop is he has ZERO patience for players who forget there defensive rotations hence Walker always getting pulled - I would not be surprised if he get moved
    Rudy Gay is an NBA level talent. With it Luka remains to be seen. Also DDR consistently forgot or did not care to remember his defensive rotations. Forbes might remember them but is not capable of executing them regardless but you are talking about 2005 Pop not 2021 Woke Pop.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this Dessagngna Diop's brother?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, lots of people down on luka. Why? We all knew he would be a 3 year project. He hasn't really had much playing time either. Judge him after this season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, lots of people down on luka. Why? We all knew he would be a 3 year project. He hasn't really had much playing time either. Judge him after this season.
    Meh the guy had a sub 10 PER last year despite being a 6'10" PF. That's pretty hideous for a guy who isn't a defensive ace. I hope he really shows something in training camp and preseason to justify a roster spot but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen. Maybe there was a reason he didn't get much playing time. And he's a few months shy of 22, it's not like we're talking some 19 year-old oozing with potential. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting much out of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think Luka is going anywhere. We knew he was a project coming in. Only 21 and has shown flashes. Still has high upside. That said, he needs to show more consistency this season when (and if) he gets PT. Will be interesting to see how Pop uses him with all our vets gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I was told Woj is correct and KBD's contract is for two years with the second year is totally unguaranteed (but becomes guaranteed on opening night of that season). The first year is at least partially guaranteed and might be completely guaranteed. If that's the case then, yeah, KBD and Samanic remain the two most likely to miss the final cut assuming Aminu gets waived, there are no trades and Zollins' ankle bone remains in one piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I was told Woj is correct and KBD's contract is for two years with the second year is totally unguaranteed (but becomes guaranteed on opening night of that season). The first year is at least partially guaranteed and might be completely guaranteed. If that's the case then, yeah, KBD and Samanic remain the two most likely to miss the final cut assuming Aminu gets waived, there are no trades and Zollins' ankle bone remains in one piece.

Spotrac is now showing that about Diop. Two years, this season fully guaranteed, next season to be guaranteed if he's on the roster on opening night next season.

I don't think it's a golden parachute for Diop. I think they're hoping he'll make the roster.

Training camp and preseason will be unusually intriguing this year, not because of any great aspirations, but because of so many questions about who'll make the team.

Having lost DDR, LMA, Rudy, and Patty, the focus now has to be on scoring. That's 21.6 + 13.5 + 11.4 + 10.8 = 57.3 ppg that have walked out the door. Who's going to score the points for the Spurs this season? Is the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spotrac is now showing that about Diop. Two years, this season fully guaranteed, next season to be guaranteed if he's on the roster on opening night next season.

I don't think it's a golden parachute for Diop. I think they're hoping he'll make the roster.

Training camp and preseason will be unusually intriguing this year, not because of any great aspirations, but because of so many questions about who'll make the team.

Having lost DDR, LMA, Rudy, and Patty, the focus now has to be on scoring. That's 21.6 + 13.5 + 11.4 + 10.8 = 57.3 ppg that have walked out the door. Who's going to score the points for the Spurs this season? Is the question.
    Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The opportunities to score and rebound will be there for a number of players. No more excuses that vets get all the playing time. The young guns can up their scoring and rebounding as well as the new guys. A few guys like Luka and KBD or even Jock Landale will also get a real chance but if they don't produce it's hasta la vista baby for them. Sorry but you have to find another team to pay your unmotivated butt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just looking at growth for each player as long as they getting better and staying healthy that is what I am looking for. Even if they do one thing good lets say Walker is great on Offense but terrible on defense I still want him to play because we either going to re sign him or trade him so sitting him because he makes a stupid mistake is not smart Short term or Long term.

Only way they going to get better is to play through there mistakes and see if they can figure it out themselves - If they can't then if a Good Offer comes mid season you make the trade or at end of season you do a trade or just don't sign them but at least they got a real opportunity to show what they have or in some cases don't have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 3 years of development he better put up some big numbers this year. I'd hate to waste all that time for him to continue being a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 3 years of development he better put up some big numbers this year. I'd hate to waste all that time for him to continue being a scrub.
    I don't want no scrub.
    A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will KBD be a rotational player for a playoff series in the next three years? Doubtful. Then I don't see much of the point of the signing. He won't have trade value unless he achieves that status. And he is so low on the pecking order that I can't foresee any meaningful minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will KBD be a rotational player for a playoff series in the next three years? Doubtful. Then I don't see much of the point of the signing. He won't have trade value unless he achieves that status. And he is so low on the pecking order that I can't foresee any meaningful minutes.
    You…need 15 roster players, and he came at minimum. Sometimes, you can overthink things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You…need 15 roster players, and he came at minimum. Sometimes, you can overthink things.
    Especially with a guy that has shown some defensive upside, versatility & size. Which are the things Spurs are still desperately in need of until they find one or more franchise changing level players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. Glad we gave him a contract. He can have Forbes’ roster spot.

Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/josh810/status/1...875523072?s=21

Tim Duncan: 33 pts on 11/14 to shut down the Forum
    Keita Bates-Diop: 30 pts on 11/11 to shut down Staples

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m happy for Diop. He’s another Danny Green story with capitalizing on the 2nd chance. And the real reason why Samanic is wiping the GLeague while KBD was lighting up the Staples. Great game KBD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bates-Diop can fix the hitch in his jump shot, he’s going to turn into a damn solid bench long 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Amen Bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apart from shooting incredibly, which you can call fluky, KBD was the best LeBron defender too. He usually contributes beyond his counting stats. Perfect 10th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seamless transition

Thread Information