Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    reddit.com/r/nba pretty much serves everyone's needs. This board has HUGE narratives that you have to know about or it just seems pretty incoherent and combative. Go on /r/nbaspurs and you'll see what I'm talking about, there are a wide range of opinions and knowledge-levels and no board 'leaders' per se or people who drive the narrative. You come on a site like this and if your name is grey and you don't have 2000+ posts you get dead silence on 90% of your comments, unless you just troll. To a casual basketball fan this board is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm never trying to be a troll. I'm just a smart ass. The two can be confused. Chump = not a troll. Just a smart ass who likes ing with people. I can appreciate that. Consistency is a good quality to have

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    You never heard of changing plans?
    You ever heard of not being a taking got? I don't think so tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Reddit's takes manage to be even gier and more mainstream than RealGM. I'm glad ST is elitist, it keeps the posters with awful takes (the N0 LyF3 ScRuB, K... and TheGreatYachts of the board) to a minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cause of the decline trying to deny his role.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    You ever heard of not being a taking got? I don't think so tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing hate Reddit in general. Tons of parroting going on there and mindless, Groupthink commenting. Also - everyone's an expert on EVERYTHING.

This forum is far from perfect, but it's refreshing to read unique takes from the solid posters here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddit NBA = thousands of Ethan Strauss-like posters, tbh..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddit's takes manage to be even gier and more mainstream than RealGM. I'm glad ST is elitist, it keeps the posters with awful takes (the N0 LyF3 ScRuB, K... and TheGreatYachts of the board) to a minimum.
    Don't post tranny pics now, David....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like someone mentioned, biggest problem with this board is the mods. It isn't going to self mod and it takes the quality of the board down a lot.

I used to post on RealGM and the mods are good IMO, but at the same time there aren't enough people there to have any sort of discussions.

There are plenty of people here, unlike RealGM, but the mods are nonexistent and the quality of discussions are just awful. Too much trolls flying around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST is the only forum I read and post tbh... I opened reddit once and never opened it again... bunch of 15 y/o believing they know everything in life

I don't even know where people find time to post so much here so I have hard time to imagine people posting here and in other forums.... then you have dudes complaining they just earn 40 K a year ya no ... You have even people here that have time to go on body builder forums to find trolling material for ST, it's reaching koolaid level of re ness tbh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Occassionally someone new will browse and will notice how toxic the forum is with a few guys with some OCD complex who must absolutely call attention to themselves. The best way to do it is to generate hate thread after hate thread. I have said OCD guys on ignore but obviously other people respond to them. The only way that would get under control would be to have moderators but it appears that there are none. Too often threads spin way out of subject, personal attacks, political, off topic remarks and offenses thrown in, and you pretty much run out anyone new who might wander in.
    Yep.

And then the personal vendettas that develop and just keep going page after page till back on topic.
    In order to stay one must sift through the garbage. But there is some good stuff if one does take the time.
    This site is a haven for some people who don't get out much and need attention.

Once the games start the culling will be easier.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRL people just answer questions I ask, they don't go through all the stalling and pouting drama you see here.

Also, people IRL don't say such stupid that I can so easily question.
    pwnt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forum is a handful of no life guys flirting with each other all day. Not much to see tbh.
    This. And it's booooring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh this forum is fun. I have posted on alot of forums and this one is nice because of the relaxed moderation. I wish that there was a little more moderation to keep the gots under control, but its better than alot of forums. Many forums I have posted on you would get messages from mods for going off topic, insulting other posters intelligence, and just the stupidest things tbh.

Alot of mods on power trips on those forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRL people just answer questions I ask, they don't go through all the stalling and pouting drama you see here.

Also, people IRL don't say such stupid that I can so easily question.
    IRL you never interact with anyone because you're a loser NEET.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is leniently moderated but you better have a thick skin or be a certain type of person to get along with everyone. This place is a nightmare when there's no basketball to discuss or when the Spurs lose.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRL you never interact with anyone because you're a loser NEET.
    ^One of the guys who s himself rather than answer a simple question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the people saying the mods are leniant and easy going, nah bro. The whole point of a mod is to keep people from wasting other people's time. Get rid of the trolls. If you want to circle jerk, it shouldn't be hard to confine that to one forum while the adults have basketball discussions on the basketball forum. There's literally a million places designed for trolls on the internet. Discussion forums are one of the few that arnt... Thus the point of a mod.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forum content consists of 99% -measuring and 1% relevant basketball or Spurs related discussion. By rule of thumb nearly every thread just ends up centered around the sexual orientation of other posters, usually with lots of phallic references that give a very Freudian undertone that's almost uncomfortable to behold.

In light of that, what would I even post about? I've been following the Spurs for 16 years and I love basketball. I want to talk about those things, not the latent sexual frustrations of teenagers on the internet.

I surmise that same concept puts other new users off of the forum as well.

Or to put it more plainly, a lot of people here just don't respect each other and the status quo is insult before before inquiry.
    Last edited by Neurosis; 09-26-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Forum content consists of 99% -measuring and 1% relevant basketball or Spurs related discussion. By rule of thumb nearly every thread just ends up centered around the sexual orientation of other posters, usually with lots of phallic references that give a very Freudian undertone that's almost uncomfortable to behold.

In light of that, what would I even post about? I've been following the Spurs for 16 years and I love basketball. I want to talk about those things, not the latent sexual frustrations of teenagers on the internet.

I surmise that same concept puts other new users off of the forum as well.

Or to put it more plainly, a lot of people here just don't respect each other and the status quo is insult before before inquiry.
    Shut up, got.

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ing simple. Parker hating gots. These idiots don't realize that EVERYONE agrees that Parker is regressing and will likely hurt the team. But they can't have a rational ing conversation without bringing it up. Yall guys want to talk about the Big Lebowski? " John Goodman reminds my of Porker." What do you guys think of Simmons? "He aint fat like Porker" Guys how do you think we will combat the small ball Golden State will throw at us? " well our got point guard aint small...Dabom, tell me I am right and suck my "

Seriously, these assholes have made the forums unreadable. Imagine if boutons regularly posted in the Spurs area and you have ing Apo.

I really hope Kawhi is a complete failure just so these s will shut the up.

ter McGee

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But.... You're a got tho...

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But.... You're a got tho...
    I thought it was just me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many factors. Administration scratching off topics they consider absurd is a little unwelcoming. Also, you have people in here insulting manu and even tim at times. That's just sacrilegious is spurs world. Then there's the people that don't support the notion of benching Parker and starting patty. All these factors plus the air of arrogance portrayed by the veterans with 5,000 plus posts is what keeps young blood away

Thread Information