Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hcqs89n

Millsap is most likely unhappy after the Hawks dangled him in an effort to re-sign Horford & he might just opt-out this summer so the Hawks are most likely shopping him. As far as established players, they won't get a better offer than LMA & he would fit just fine alongside Dwight but that would be the most diva frontline in league history.

Millsap is the basically a more talented version of Draymond w/ an inferior play-making skills but he's still a pretty good playmaker. He would be the perfect fit alongside Pau (especially on defense) & he is also not the type that would have an issue playing wingman to Kawhi. Millsap/Kawhi/Danny would be as good a defensive trio as any trio in the league.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible idea tbh

who's next, Derrick Favors?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Terrible idea tbh

who's next, Derrick Favors?
    I'm coming from the angle of players PATFO would accept in the locker room & that Softridge could ACTUALLY net. I can't really find anyone better than Millsap.

Cousins will never wear a Spurs jersey as long as Pop is at the helms & Blake isn't getting traded unless he has indicated he won't re-sign, anyways both are worth more than Softridge. Anthony Davis is a pipe dream while Fat Gasol is breaking down. The rest aren't better nor a better fit than Millsap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a legit young prospect + pick(s) or a ready piece on the same timeline with Kawhi..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I like Millsap but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it pop

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I want a legit young prospect + pick(s) or a ready piece on the same timeline with Kawhi..
    The team would need a STARTING PF in return & good luck finding one, just ask the Raptors.

Blake is on the same timeline as Kawhi but I don't see Doc trading him for Softridge when Blake is a top 5 talent. If Blake demands that he be traded to the Alamo, I guess Softridge/Kyle would work considering that Kyle could start for the Cripples.

As far as a legit young prospect, Myles Turner would be nice but I think Bird has learned his lesson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Softridge for Westbrook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hcqs89n

Millsap is most likely unhappy after the Hawks dangled him in an effort to re-sign Horford & he might just opt-out this summer so the Hawks are most likely shopping him. As far as established players, they won't get a better offer than LMA & he would fit just fine alongside Dwight but that would be the most diva frontline in league history.

Millsap is the basically a more talented version of Draymond w/ an inferior play-making skills but he's still a pretty good playmaker. He would be the perfect fit alongside Pau (especially on defense) & he is also not the type that would have an issue playing wingman to Kawhi. Millsap/Kawhi/Danny would be as good a defensive trio as any trio in the league.
    I don't mind this deal, but it seems like for the difference in marquee names the Spurs might be able to get a little sweetener - if only a second round pick. There would be a certain irony if LMA ended up on the same team with Tiago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs would do this. They'd probably be just as reticent as the Hawks to give Millsap the max and considering he's 4 inches shorter and more athletically reliant, he's less likely to age well than Aldridge.

Favors and filler to make it work financially obviously wouldn't be enough, but they'd both fit well on the opposing team.

Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, would probably be the most likely destinations. All are well stocked with assets and desperate for an in their prime star.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, would probably be the most likely destinations. All are well stocked with assets and desperate for an in their prime star.
    If we're talking about teams with assets that might see 31 yr old Softridge as a missing piece then Celtics are at the top of the list. It just depends on whether PATFO are trying to rebuild or remain contenders for the near future, I think it's the latter considering Porker/Manu/Pau being part of the core which is why I think Millsap is the best REALISTIC option.

Besides, I think the Nuggets are set on w/ Nurkic/Jokic as their frontline & the Lakers don't really have assets besides D'Angelo/Ingram. The Suns could offer something like Knight+Bender but Bender is the youngest player & is still a project like Ingram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy that you're going to have something additional to rail against this season... You're entertaining at that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're talking about teams with assets that might see 31 yr old Softridge as a missing piece then Celtics are at the top of the list. It just depends on whether PATFO are trying to rebuild or remain contenders for the near future, I think it's the latter considering Porker/Manu/Pau being part of the core which is why I think Millsap is the best REALISTIC option.

Besides, I think the Nuggets are set on w/ Nurkic/Jokic as their frontline & the Lakers don't really have assets besides D'Angelo/Ingram. The Suns could offer something like Knight+Bender but Bender is the youngest player & is still a project like Ingram.
    I can't see the Celtics giving up the Nets pick; the Nuggets giving up Jokic, Mudiay or probably Murray; the Lakers giving up Russell or Ingram; the Suns giving up Booker.

I can see the Celtics giving up Smart or Brown; the Nuggets giving up Nurkic and Harris; the Lakers giving up Randle and Clarkson; the Suns giving up Bender or Chriss.

I suspect it would be a little of column A, a little of column B, in terms of what the Spurs would want. The headline piece would probably have to be a mid 20's, proven starter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I can't see the Celtics giving up the Nets pick; the Nuggets giving up Jokic, Mudiay or probably Murray; the Lakers giving up Russell or Ingram; the Suns giving up Booker.

I can see the Celtics giving up Smart or Brown; the Nuggets giving up Nurkic and Harris; the Lakers giving up Randle and Clarkson; the Suns giving up Bender or Chriss.

I suspect it would be a little of column A, a little of column B, in terms of what the Spurs would want. The headline piece would probably have to be a mid 20's, proven starter.
    If I had to pick, I would go w/ Knight+Bender+Tucker then package Patty/Kyle for Willie Cauley-Stein (Hey, it's the Kings:).

Knight would be a bonafide 6th man ala Jason Terry while WCS can start alongside Pau who would be the perfect mentor for Bender.

Murray/Knight/Kawhi/Bender/WCS/Bertans would be a solid young core to build upon after Pau/Manu/Tony depart. The team isn't winning a championship w/ Porker as it's starting PG so might as well use his remaining 2 year as a stop gap along w/ Pau.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it simply because I'm a big Millsap fan and I dislike Aldridge, but I don't think it would make the Spurs any better, tbh..lateral move, albeit with a different style of play..

This team isn't winning another le until they find a playmaker at the guard position to take the load off Parker/Ginobili..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'd do it simply because I'm a big Millsap fan and I dislike Aldridge, but I don't think it would make the Spurs any better, tbh..lateral move, albeit with a different style of play..

This team isn't winning another le until they find a playmaker at the guard position to take the load off Parker/Ginobili..
    This is why I want Brandon Knight even though he's more of a finisher rather than a playmaker. The Suns have too many guards & are now experimenting w/ bringing Knight off the bench which is probably not going to make him happy considering they are a lotto team.

As far as Millsap, I actually made a post during the offseason about signing Millsap next summer but that was before Tim retired/Pau signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP rides the short bus.

Go ahead and give up your spurs, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the dumbest trade idea yet.

LMA is probably the Spurs best all-around player. Millsap would slide in what, 4th or 5th?? Thank goodness you're not part of the front office for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the dumbest trade idea yet.

LMA is probably the Spurs best all-around player. Millsap would slide in what, 4th or 5th?? Thank goodness you're not part of the front office for the team.
    I would say the Spurs best all around player is Kawhi but I agree on the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not even close to a fair trade

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd take Zubac from the Lakers in a heartbeat. But what would the filler be???? Mozgov???? lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not even close to a fair trade
    Millsap led the ENTIRE league in defensive win-shares while dropping 17/9/3 (TS: 55%, VORP: 4.9). He was also the only player in the league w/ a 130+ steals & blocks.

He's just as unique as Draymond except he's more talented & not a knuckle head.

BTW, Softridge last season: 18/8/1 (TS: 56%, VORP: 2.2)

Thread Information