Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Passer rating is a flawed stat that rewards game managers and punishes taking risks. Struggle's passer rating has been wildly inflated from playing on a stacked team where he isn't asked to do much. All he has to do is make a few safe throws, hand it off to the running back, and let his mega-stacked defense do the heavy lifting.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Passer rating is a flawed stat that rewards game managers and punishes taking risks. Struggle's passer rating has been wildly inflated from playing on a stacked team where he isn't asked to do much. All he has to do is make a few safe throws, hand it off to the running back, and let his mega-stacked defense do the heavy lifting.
    So let's see...

Leading the NFL in 2015 with a 110.1 QB rating means....0.
    Winning more games as a 4 year/11 week QB in history means....0
    Being the only QB in history to start out with two QB rating of over a 100 his first two seasons means....0
    Starting every game since his first game means....0
    The NFL record 4000/30/500 means....0
    Winning a SB in his scond season means....0
    Coming within a yard of winning two SB in his first three seasons means...0
    Winining a playoff game in every season means....0
    Pro bowl MVP means...0
    Most TD's by a rookie in a game (5) means....0
    He is 2-1 vs Tom Brady means...0.
    Three times as many TD's as INT's means...0
    7-3 in playoff games since 2012 means...0

Tell us all again about how Wentz is better than Prescott and Anderson is better than Newton, ok?

Dude, just how ing dumb are you?
    Last edited by Avante; 11-30-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Post Count
    Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.

Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

Gee, I wonder which quarterback Struggle is more similar to. Definitely explains the high passer rating.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.

Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

Gee, I wonder which quarterback Struggle is more similar to. Definitely explains the high passer rating.
    QB leaves the college game as the all time single season passing efficency leader. He walks right into the NFL and starts winning more games than any QB in history, he does things never seen before, he sets NFL records.

Some idiot on the internet who thinks Carson Wentz is better than Dak Prescott and Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton is too stupid to see the greatness of the above QB. As we can see he's dumb.

Educate yourself son, ok?

Though Cam Newton is going to be the NFL’s 2015 MVP, it’s hard to argue that Russell Wilson hasn’t been the league’s best player, especially in the past five weeks, when the fourth-year quarterback is on a historic run of games, all of which have helped turn Seattle from a 4-5 disappointment into a sleeping 9-5 giant. Check out his numbers from those five straight wins:

Five straight games, with at least three touchdowns and a rating over 120. Or five straight games with a completion percentage at 70% or above and 245 yards. It’s near perfection from all angles. These seemed like unbelievable achievements so, with the help of pro-football-reference’s Player Streak finder, we decided to find out just how much.
    To start, we looked at how many players had four-game streaks of 3 TDs/120+ rating. Only one quarterback did. Russell Wilson, and his streak is at five.

Post Count
    College passing efficiency is an equally flawed stat for the same reasons as the NFL passer rating: overemphasizing completion percentage and playing it safe, underemphasizing yardage gained. Again, it favors game managers on stacked teams like Struggle while punishing QBs who have to do more.

Struggle has only set records because he's had a mega-stacked team around him from day one. If he was on the type of team that usually has a rookie quarterback starting for them, he would be on his way out of the league by now.

Post Count
    Also, must be nice to only have to throw 30 times or less like Struggle did for all but one game of that "streak." Real franchise QBs like Rivers, Brees, and Big Ben are routinely asked to throw the ball 40, 50, even 60 times a game. Once again proving my point that all Struggle has to do is manage the game on a stacked team, and his passer rating is inflated by his meager role.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Also, must be nice to only have to throw 30 times or less like Struggle did for all but one game of that "streak." Real franchise QBs like Rivers, Brees, and Big Ben are routinely asked to throw the ball 40, 50, even 60 times a game. Once again proving my point that all Struggle has to do is manage the game on a stacked team, and his passer rating is inflated by his meager role.
    Do you ever take some time and do any homework slugger?

Compare passing attempts between Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson at the NCAA level, ok? Then compare passing attempts between Big Ben and RW their first five seasons, ok rookie?

Little man, this guy never sat on a bench, he walked right in and took over and all he's done was without a great gang of receives and a TE. No...Harrison and Wayne and Clark, no The Marks brothers or....Ray Berry, Lenny Moore and John Mackey all in the HOF. No Stallworth and Swann, no Bruce and Holt, no....Tom Fears and :"Crazy Legs" Hirsh. ok rookie?

Your...it's BEAST MODE....hahahahaha~~~~~~ Was that stupid or what?

Dude, how come you keep ignoring your Wentz is better than Prescott and Anderson is better than Newton, could it be because as usual you are...100% WRONG.

Russell Wilson is the best 4 years and 11 games QB we have seen and all the numbers back that up,ok rookie?

Notice that word.......HISTORY.

 Tweet Share on Twitter Share Share on Facebook Pin Pinterest 59 Comments ⋆ Rec Recommend this Post 17

When considering the totality of Russell Wilson's accomplishments, they truly are amazing. True, there are some QB's with more yards, or more TD's, etc., but Wilson is ranked in the top 5 or top 10 of a wide variety of stats over his first three years. One could easily say that overall, Wilson has had the best first three years of any QB in NFL history. Here are a few of his accomplishments:

- Wilson is the first QB in NFL history with a passer rating of over 95.0 in each of his first three seasons.
    - Wilson has 24 games with a passer rating of 100+ in his first three seasons...more than any other QB in NFL history. Flacco, Marino, and Palmer are tied for second with 19.
    - Wilson leads all QB’s in the NFL over the last 3 years with 10- 4th quarter comebacks and 15- game-winning drives. No other QB in NFL history has ever done this in their first 3 years.
    - He is one of only five players with at least 20 touchdown passes in each of first three seasons.
    - Wilson is the first and only QB in the Super Bowl era to have average yards per attempt of 7.6 or better in each of his first three seasons.
    - Wilson’s career yards per passing attempt of 7.9 is fourth-best of all QB’s since 1951.
    - Wilson is ranked #1 in career postseason yards per attempt. His career average of 9.01 (min. 200 pass attempts) is the highest in NFL history.
    - Wilson is the only QB in NFL history to appear in two SB's in his first three seasons.
    - Wilson holds the record for most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie QB with 385 yards. The old record was set in 1937 by Sammy Baugh with 335 yards...that record stood for 75 years.
    - Wilson is ranked at #2 in all-time career passer rating (min. 1200 attempts) with a 98.6. Only Aaron Rodgers has a higher career passer rating.
    - Wilson's passer rating of 98.6 for a player’s first 3 years is the best in NFL history.
    - Including postseason, Wilson's passer rating of 98.5 for a player's first three years is the best in NFL history.
    - Wilson's postseason passer rating of 97.8 in his first three years is the best in NFL history.
    - Wilson’s career postseason passer rating of 97.8 (min. 200 attempts) is the 5th best in NFL history.
    - Wilson's TD% of 5.8% in his first three years is the 2nd highest in NFL history; only Dan Marino is higher with 6.9%.
    - Wilson's INT% of 2.1% in his first three years is the lowest of any QB in NFL history.
    - Wilson is ranked #2 all-time with a career TD to INT ratio of 2.77 (min. 1200 attempts) behind only Rodgers.
    - Wilson is ranked #3 all-time with a career INT rate of only 2.1%, behind only Rodgers and Brady.
    - Wilson is the first and only QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards and run for 100+ yards (313 & 106) in the same game...against the Rams on 10-19-14.
    - Only one QB in NFL history had more than one season with more than 20 TD passes and 10 or fewer interceptions in his first three seasons: Wilson, who has had three such seasons.
    - His 72 touchdowns are the seventh-most ever through a player’s first three seasons.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson has 84 passing TD's in his first three seasons, 4th-most in NFL history.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson has 97 passing and rushing TD's in his first three seasons, 3rd-most in NFL history.
    - Wilson is ranked #12 all-time for most passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 9950 yards.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 11770 yards.
    - Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for most total yards (passing + rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 11827 yards.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #2 all-time for most total yards (passing and rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 13902 yards.
    - Wilson has the 2nd highest career yards per attempt in SB history with 9.85 yards, behind only Terry Bradshaw.
    - Wilson has the 3rd highest career passer rating in SB history with a 117.39, behind only Joe Montana and Jim Plunkett.
    - Wilson has the 6th highest career completion % in SB history with 65.22%.
    - Wilson has the 4th highest yards per attempt in a SB game with 11.76 yards in SB49.
    - Wilson's 1,877 rushing yards is second-most by a QB in the modern era through three seasons behind Cam Newton's 2,032 yards.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson has the most rushing yards for a QB in NFL history in his first three seasons with 2132 yards.
    - Wilson led all NFL rushers in 2014 with an average of 7.2 yards per carry.
    - Wilson has a record of having had a lead at some point in 56 straight games since 2012...the old record was 45 games...Also, in those 56 games, Wilson has never lost an NFL game by more than 9 points.
    - Wilson has won 36 games in his first 3 seasons; three more than any other QB in NFL history.
    - Including the postseason, Wilson has won 42 games in his first three seasons; 6 more than any other QB in NFL history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, are you just re ed?

Rookie, I've seen them all since the late 50's, nobody was more impressive starting out than this guy, ok?

Tell us all again about how Wentz is better than Prescott, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, compare what RW has done vs others with the same 4 years and 11 games experience, ok guy? Look at what Rivers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben had done at the same stage of their career, ok rookie? Tell us what you find. RW has out played all of them, go ahead prove me wrong.

Obviously you won't being a lazy .
    Last edited by Avante; 11-30-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If ya saw the Seattle game tonight ya heard the name George Farmer mentioned. I don't think many know who this guy was. Coming out of Serra (Tom Brady, Lynn Swann) he was amazing, a huge star. Then off to USC and....hmmm?

Last edited by Avante; 12-05-2016 at 04:05 AM.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Spur-Addict; Tough win for the Hawks. In meaning, losing the heart of the D in Earl Thomas is going to be hard to overcome in the long run. Some reports say 6 weeks for a possible return. I don't know if it'll be wise to rush him back in time for the 2nd round if that's the case. I think Terrell can be a serviceable replacement and couple that with Bennett returning, it may be salvaged for the remainder of the year. It will have to be determinant if the D can galvanize around each other and continue to be its usual sturdy self for the remainder of the year. Rawls looked pretty good in the return of Britt and the slow progression of the OL. I though Kearse and Lockett had pretty good game with Tyler being up to his 2015 production as both a returner and an offensive weapon. Probably need a couple more games before Bennett rounds into playing form. Wilson looks to be the healthiest he has been all season. I hope they can keep him that way for the duration of the season. With a trip up to frozen Green Bay next week, the Hawks then see no teams with a winning record in the last 3 with the Rams, Cardinals, and 49ers left on the schedule. It will be important to keep the 2nd Seed since 1st seems to be more or less a pipe dream. That will give them the 1st round bye to salve wounds and if they are to garner the service of ET by then, that would give him an extra week to rehab. Other than that, it looks like they can beat any team in the NFC. However, the inconsistencies of the year could also mean them losing in the playoffs to anyone as well.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    While I think we'll win the last two games The Gemini Method, (with a nail-biter against the Cards, and a decisive but gradual win over the niners) I think we pretty much are who we are right now. There will be no improvement across the board, which means the offensive line is what it is. Bad news is that every team in the playoff picture likes to move the ball down field by air quite a bit. Aside from Dallas for the most part, which sucks because Earl is gone. And with our line, you can't really get a ground-game going to combat that. But I think we have a lot to look forward to. A likely bye, and possibly one of our 3 toughest potential opponents losing in the first round. As crazy as this sounds (and no offense is intended to all the Dallas faithful), of all the teams out there, I'd rather play them.

The Falcons, The Giants, The Packers, and even the Bucs give great cause for pause. Especially seeing as how we lost to two of the four, and many will attempt to state that we lost to ATL, and it was close nonetheless.

-What's great is that it's an almost certainty that the Lions will lose at least one their last two games. And to be straight-up, I'm not sold on them. There isn't one win on their schedule that impresses me. And, they have the Cowboys and the surging Packers left on their schedule.

-The Falcons being a game back is great, and they have a New Orleans team in the last week of the season that on any day can beat anyone. So hopefully we just win out to kill any suspense. I do not want to see this team under any cir stances, they are one of the most scary teams in the NFL by far. Julio being banged up is certainly an issue for them, but if he's ready to go, I'd rather not be in their way. Too explosive for my liking, and they have multiple good wins, and close losses on their resume. No thank you.

-The Giants have only won a single important road game, but still tough. I'd like them to lose one of their last two games obviously, so I'm overly optimistic that Washington will pull through LOL. Their defense has been up-to-snuff, they beat Dallas twice, but only two of their opponents this year have scored 24 or more, and nobody has scored over 29 against them. They haven't figured out yet that Paul Perkins is their best running back, but if they do, they will be a real force. But they have a front-four that concerns me as our line is a problem.

-The Packers just gave us the business, in every facet. Although that game was an anomaly to the extent of the beating we took, it was decisive regardless. Good news is, if we have to play them, it highly likely will be in the Clink, so that ALWAYS helps. But they have weapons across the board, and an adequate enough defense to cause real problems. They can create pressure, which our line cannot handle that well. Dom Capers is a real strategist.

-The Bucs front-seven destroyed us. Yikes. There was nothing we could do, and, at home to boot. Six sacks, and only 245 yards of TOTAL offense. WTF. Jameis is the real-deal, but their offense was significantly slowed down in the second half so, that one sits squarely on the offense. Given the dominance of their front, seeing them again is an obvious concern. Plus, they have two other signature wins against the Falcons and Chiefs. Both of which were on the road. They're definitely not to be trifled with. That defense is top-notch right now. Last two games against the Saints and Panthers, I like Jameis, but please lose both.

-The Redskins beating the Giants and Packers was impressive, but that defense doesn't worry me one bit. I kind of view them as a lesser version of Green Bay, Detroit with a lesser defense. Although they did smack Green Bay this year, but lost to Detroit. I'd posit that if they saw Green Bay amidst this run they're on (even though G.B's loss to them began their run), it likely would've been a different story but I digress. Maybe I'm over hyping Green Bay as the only team they've beat on this run is us. TBD I guess.

-And that brings me to Dallas. With a Farm Plow of an offensive line. They run the out of the ball, that is for certain. And given the fact that we have a defensive line that is quicker rather than stout, this provides a critical point of concern. But for some odd reason, I just think we can beat them. I don't know what it is, I just feel that way. I never get these kinds of feelings, and perhaps I cannot convert it into logic, but nevertheless it is there. I guess for once I can understand how a woman thinks (J/K ladies). They have a good defense, but not a monster of a defense. Everything on that side is good, and not great. Plus, Dallas runs so effectively that they're relatively fresh quite often. It's truly a middling defense, with an over emphasis of being good against the run and bad against the pass for obvious reasons. Dak is good right now but he doesn't scare me to quite truthful, he just doesn't. But when you have all the time in the world, people get open. Signature wins against Tampa, G.B, Pittsburgh, and Washington twice.

-We're not that far off in rushing defense comparatively to the Giants, and all of that given with the fact that we were missing key components all year. Granted, not having Earl is a major loss. But, I think that will mainly be missed in the deep and middle secondary where Dallas is less likely to spend excessive time. And aside from Dez, I'm not particularly threatened by any of their receiving options.

-Despite our offensive line woes, we're still top ten in the league in rushing, all that with the -show of a beginning to the year. A big chunk of that can be attributed to the amount of attempts we have per game, so in reality, we're actually a middling rushing team. But that's OK. Slightly above the average in passing team as well, but that also feeds into attempts, and, we have to also factor in the O-Line in both.

-I think we have the advantage on Special Teams, Defense, and at QB. I think we have better receiving options overall. Dallas clearly has the better RB and OL. But something tells me that the lack of elite pass rushing will be a major boon for us in a potential matchup. For a team that gets thrown against quite frequently, that sack total is paltry. Likewise, is the amount of interceptions. They can force fumbles damn well though so that's a major bright spot. But, they haven't given up much points this year, but how much of that is due to the offense? That defense feels similar to New England's the more I think about it. They don't do much, but they don't give up much. And we beat N.E. In a grind-it-out game, if we can give their ground game trouble (or even just get up early), I like our chances.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    While I think we'll win the last two games The Gemini Method, (with a nail-biter against the Cards, and a decisive but gradual win over the niners) I think we pretty much are who we are right now. There will be no improvement across the board, which means the offensive line is what it is. Bad news is that every team in the playoff picture likes to move the ball down field by air quite a bit. Aside from Dallas for the most part, which sucks because Earl is gone. And with our line, you can't really get a ground-game going to combat that. But I think we have a lot to look forward to. A likely bye, and possibly one of our 3 toughest potential opponents losing in the first round. As crazy as this sounds (and no offense is intended to all the Dallas faithful), of all the teams out there, I'd rather play them.

The Falcons, The Giants, The Packers, and even the Bucs give great cause for pause. Especially seeing as how we lost to two of the four, and many will attempt to state that we lost to ATL, and it was close nonetheless.

-What's great is that it's an almost certainty that the Lions will lose at least one their last two games. And to be straight-up, I'm not sold on them. There isn't one win on their schedule that impresses me. And, they have the Cowboys and the surging Packers left on their schedule.

-The Falcons being a game back is great, and they have a New Orleans team in the last week of the season that on any day can beat anyone. So hopefully we just win out to kill any suspense. I do not want to see this team under any cir stances, they are one of the most scary teams in the NFL by far. Julio being banged up is certainly an issue for them, but if he's ready to go, I'd rather not be in their way. Too explosive for my liking, and they have multiple good wins, and close losses on their resume. No thank you.

-The Giants have only won a single important road game, but still tough. I'd like them to lose one of their last two games obviously, so I'm overly optimistic that Washington will pull through LOL. Their defense has been up-to-snuff, they beat Dallas twice, but only two of their opponents this year have scored 24 or more, and nobody has scored over 29 against them. They haven't figured out yet that Paul Perkins is their best running back, but if they do, they will be a real force. But they have a front-four that concerns me as our line is a problem.

-The Packers just gave us the business, in every facet. Although that game was an anomaly to the extent of the beating we took, it was decisive regardless. Good news is, if we have to play them, it highly likely will be in the Clink, so that ALWAYS helps. But they have weapons across the board, and an adequate enough defense to cause real problems. They can create pressure, which our line cannot handle that well. Dom Capers is a real strategist.

-The Bucs front-seven destroyed us. Yikes. There was nothing we could do, and, at home to boot. Six sacks, and only 245 yards of TOTAL offense. WTF. Jameis is the real-deal, but their offense was significantly slowed down in the second half so, that one sits squarely on the offense. Given the dominance of their front, seeing them again is an obvious concern. Plus, they have two other signature wins against the Falcons and Chiefs. Both of which were on the road. They're definitely not to be trifled with. That defense is top-notch right now. Last two games against the Saints and Panthers, I like Jameis, but please lose both.

-The Redskins beating the Giants and Packers was impressive, but that defense doesn't worry me one bit. I kind of view them as a lesser version of Green Bay, Detroit with a lesser defense. Although they did smack Green Bay this year, but lost to Detroit. I'd posit that if they saw Green Bay amidst this run they're on (even though G.B's loss to them began their run), it likely would've been a different story but I digress. Maybe I'm over hyping Green Bay as the only team they've beat on this run is us. TBD I guess.

-And that brings me to Dallas. With a Farm Plow of an offensive line. They run the out of the ball, that is for certain. And given the fact that we have a defensive line that is quicker rather than stout, this provides a critical point of concern. But for some odd reason, I just think we can beat them. I don't know what it is, I just feel that way. I never get these kinds of feelings, and perhaps I cannot convert it into logic, but nevertheless it is there. I guess for once I can understand how a woman thinks (J/K ladies). They have a good defense, but not a monster of a defense. Everything on that side is good, and not great. Plus, Dallas runs so effectively that they're relatively fresh quite often. It's truly a middling defense, with an over emphasis of being good against the run and bad against the pass for obvious reasons. Dak is good right now but he doesn't scare me to quite truthful, he just doesn't. But when you have all the time in the world, people get open. Signature wins against Tampa, G.B, Pittsburgh, and Washington twice.

-We're not that far off in rushing defense comparatively to the Giants, and all of that given with the fact that we were missing key components all year. Granted, not having Earl is a major loss. But, I think that will mainly be missed in the deep and middle secondary where Dallas is less likely to spend excessive time. And aside from Dez, I'm not particularly threatened by any of their receiving options.

-Despite our offensive line woes, we're still top ten in the league in rushing, all that with the -show of a beginning to the year. A big chunk of that can be attributed to the amount of attempts we have per game, so in reality, we're actually a middling rushing team. But that's OK. Slightly above the average in passing team as well, but that also feeds into attempts, and, we have to also factor in the O-Line in both.

-I think we have the advantage on Special Teams, Defense, and at QB. I think we have better receiving options overall. Dallas clearly has the better RB and OL. But something tells me that the lack of elite pass rushing will be a major boon for us in a potential matchup. For a team that gets thrown against quite frequently, that sack total is paltry. Likewise, is the amount of interceptions. They can force fumbles damn well though so that's a major bright spot. But, they haven't given up much points this year, but how much of that is due to the offense? That defense feels similar to New England's the more I think about it. They don't do much, but they don't give up much. And we beat N.E. In a grind-it-out game, if we can give their ground game trouble (or even just get up early), I like our chances.
    Follow the Giants' blueprint of pressuring Dak seems to be how you beat the cowboys for sure. I think we do win the last two games. The Cardinals gave up a ton of yards to the Saints. They have nothing to play for, so that could be a dangerous spot. I don't know how the playoffs will look. I hope the Hawks get the 2nd seed because the bye and HFA for the 2nd round could mean the difference between the NFCG or going home in January for the 2nd straight season. This team is so interestingly weird this year. Gotta get some more consistency from the O.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thomas Rawls
    Jimmy Graham
    Tyler Locett....legit game breaker
    Javon Kearse
    Doug Baldwin

That is as good a gang of play makers since RW has been a Seahawk. Now add....George Farmer and that Prosise kid coming back. And there is no team in the NFC that has played in as many playoff games as the Seahawks since 2012.

Thread Information