Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' 2013 draft picks :
    Spurs will have the 28th and 58th picks in the draft.

Players available for the 2013 draft :
    International players born in 1991 and college senior are automatically eligible.
    College underclassmen and international players born in 92, 93 or 94 can enter in the draft.

Key dates :
    April 10 - April 13 : Portsmouth invitational tournament.
    April 16 : Early entry withdrawal deadline to keep NCAA eligibility.
    April 20 : Nike Hoop Summit in Portland.
    April 28 : Early entry eligibility deadline, teams can start workouts with them.
    May 21 : Draft Lottery.
    June 5? - June 7? : Draft combine in Chicago.
    June 8 - June 10 : Adidas Eurocamp in Treviso.
    June 17 : Early entry withdrawal deadline.
    June 27 : NBA Draft in NY.

Links :
    Draftexpress
    Nbadraft
    A blog on European prospects
    Espn draft page
    Wiki on the lottery
    Future draft picks
    NCAA players stats
    Euroleague players stats
    Last edited by Bruno; 04-16-2013 at 08:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me this draft is full of centers. Not a lot of PF although that Lima guy catches my eye, seems spurs material. Who do you think they're looking at? I mean what kind of player, position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very early to have some names of players Spurs could be interested in. Their biggest need is obviously a bigman but they will likely go after the best player available like most of the time. the only case if could be an issue is if the BPA is a PG and Spurs being high on their PGs.

Regarding the draft, there is an interesting new point in the CBA:
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q14
    When determining team salaries (for example, to determine whether a team is over the salary cap), the following are included:
    - The "scale" amount for the team's unsigned first round draft pick(s). This amount begins to apply to team salary immediately upon selection in the draft. This amount can be excluded from the team salary for the current season if, before the season starts, the team and player agree in writing that the team will not sign the player during that season.
    In the previous CBA, the only ways to not have eaten cap space eaten by a first round pick was to trade it away or to renounce at the player. In 2003, Spurs traded away their first round pick to Mavs who pick Josh Howard to clear more cap space.

If Spurs plan for this summer is to have some cap space, there will have an additional incentive for them to draft and stash a player with their first round pick. Going after an "Euro", who is ready to wait a little before joining the NBA, would make extra sense by freeing a little more cap space for Spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our pick will likely be in the high 20s so the rookie salary will only be around $900k, I don't think we'll pick a weaker player just to draft and stash them in Europe to save only $900k. Could do though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PF/C Gorgui Dieng Louisville......what do you guys think about this prospect? I definitely love his defensive potential. Working with Duncan and Splitter could help him improve his offensive game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player who I would like us to look at is G/F James Ennis Long Beach State. He seems to play very good against the more prominant programs that he plays against. This is a good thing, as those schools tend to send lots of players to the NBA. At 6-7 210, he has good size.

So far this year:
    Arizona: 17 pts, 7 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 TO, 6-12 FG, 3-7 3-pt, 2-2 FT
    UNC: 18 pts, 8 rbs, 2 ast, 1 stl, 4 blk, 2 TO, 8-16 FG, 0-4 3-pt, 2-3 FT
    USC: 13 pts, 5 rbs, 2 ast, 5 TO, 4-11 FG, 2-6 3-pt, 3-4 FT
    North Alabama: 19 pt, 6 rbs, 1 ast, 2 stl, 7 TO, 6-10 FG, 0-2 3-pt, 7-9 FT

Dieng and Ennis would be a nice haul in the 2013 Draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick look at the French players for the 2013 draft:

There are very little noteworthy prospect among the players born in 1991. The only one who could sneak at the end of the second round is Joffrey Lauvergne, a long and mobile bigman with a nice shooting touch.
    Among younger players, Rudy Gobert is getting a lot of press. He is a crazy physical specimen (7'2" with a 7'9" wingspan). He still needs to work on his game and adds a lot of muscles but he seems to have a good work ethic. He has clearly the upside of being a major defensive force in the mold of a Tyson Chandler.
    Leo Westermann moves to Serbia and is having a very nice season. He is a little in the mold of a Marko Jaric. The question mark around him is how he will fit in the NBA and if he is interested in joining it.
    A player fling under the radar but who should make a lot of noise very quickly is Mam Jaiteh. He is very young (he will turn 18 in the next few days), has only 5 years of basketball behind him but is doing crazy things in the French second division league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him ending up picked in the lottery this year if he enters and stays in the draft.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Former UCLA center, Josh Smith:

I think very few organizations could get his weight under control, his mentality steeled, and make him anything near his talent/potential as a mobile, low-post big dictates. I think the Spurs and Thunder are two such organizations...

But the question is whether anyone thinks the Spurs would draft him in the 2nd round? I think he is worth the flier for the right team. He's Eddy Curry, but I think maybe even worse off. That said, he is a true offensive center with very good quickness, soft hands, and decent strength for the NBA.

But he's 6-10/11 and well over 300 pounds, has yet to dominate any level, and kind of floats. He was a McDonalds AA, but that doesn't really matter.

I only ask since his departure from UCLA indicates he's going to enter the draft. If available in the second, do you think the Spurs take a gamble?
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ennis is continuing to have a very nice Sr year. He must be completely under the radar, because no one is talking about him even in the top 100 prospects on various sites.

2011 34 games, 10.0 pts, 4.1 rbs, 2.6 ast, 0.8 blk, 1.6 stl, 2.0 to, FG .498, 3pt FG .350, FT .711
    2012 12 games, 17.1 pts, 7.3 rbs, 1.9 ast, 1.7 blk, 1.4 stl, 3.2 to, FG .443, 3pt FG .351, FT .841

Dieng is just coming back from injury and getting back into the groove. He had a decent outing in his last game.

I would like to add a 2nd round pick....if we can somehow trade Blair for a 2nd, that would be nice. With that 2nd, I would like to add another big, now that Blair will be off the team and Bonner most likely will not be back next year. I would like to add Mike Muscala of Bucknell. He is 6-11, 234.....avg almost 20 pts, 11 rbs, and 2.5 blks per game. He shoots over 50% FG and 80% FT. He isn't a great athlete, but he has a nice skillset and a high basketball IQ. He just seems like the kind of player Pop likes....lots of substance, little flash.

1-F/C Dieng
    2-F/C Muscala
    2-G/F Ennis

Give me this draft and I will be so flippin happy.....especially if this draft follows a Championship.

C - Splitter, Dieng, Muscala
    PF - Duncan, Diaw
    SF - Leonard, Neal, Ennis
    SG - Green, Manu, de Colo
    PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dieng he is a 6'11 Center who loves playing defense and can rebound and block some shots the things we have been asking RC for years. My other choice would be Jackie Carmichael a PF who is 6'9 is also a a big time rebounder and a decent shot blocker and plays the pick and roll so he can hit the outside shot. Another guy would be PF Mike Moser from UNLV who is 6'8 PF a good defender.

Going over seas I like Agusto Cesar Lima a PF who is 6'10 is still young but has all the talent to be a really good player. It would be nice to add another second round pick to be able to pick up some body like Oleksandr Lypouy..he can play and defend three positions and he is the first Euro where I have heard he loves to play defense seen some film but not sure but people talking about him a lot. Have to agree Bruno they are a lot of really good looking players in the French League and I also like Joffrey Laveragne a 6'11 PF/C - he has good movement and speed and looks like a good develop into a good player.

I think we bring over Hanga this summer so the question is who do we replace Blair and Bonner with?

Bruno what are your thoughts on Oleksandry Lypouy?
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see us get Rudy Gobert if at all possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see us get Rudy Gobert if at all possible.
    He's one of a few project bigs that are intriguing in this year's draft, but unfortunately almost all of them will be off the board well before the Spurs pick. And unlike previous years, there really seems to be no ability for the Spurs to leverage a trade from their current roster to move up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jackie Carmichael (6'9 PF from Illinois State) for the late 1st round pick.

He is athletic, good defender, great rebounder and fluid in the post (high and low-post). He is a complete player that could help SA from day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with the emergence of players like McGee, Jordan, Hibbert, Ibaka etc..., we should be looking for a long, athletic 7 footer even if that aren't all that talented offensively. None of those guys were lottery picks, and if needs be perhaps we can trade up a few picks to grab one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pogo stick big man would be nice, particularly if they can hit an open midrange jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we have Baynes with a multi-year deal, that makes Blair and probably Bonner expendable. As much as I want to keep Neal, he is expendable too....though, offensively, I trust Neal so much more than Green. However, Green's youth and defense give him the edge. So Perhaps we can trade Blair, Bonner, and Neal for a player and/or draft picks. I still want to add at least one more 2nd rounder....adding two would be very nice. We could draft another player to stash away overseas. Even with the addition of Baynes, I want to draft Dieng, Muscala, and Ennis. With Blair, Bonner, and Neal gone, we bring back Jax for 1 or 2 more years.

C - Splitter, Baynes, Dieng
    PF - Duncan, Diaw, Muscala
    SF - Leonard, Jax, Ennis
    SG - Green, Manu, de Colo
    PG - Parker, Mills, Joseph

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well things are starting to heat up as far as trades and what our team is going to look like next year. Looking at the draft a lot depends on what we are going to do with the following players.

1.Splitter is going to get a good contract from someone so how much do we want to keep him?
    2.SJ. is going to want a contract and if he goes then we need a SF
    3. Blair is gone

So with all that up in the air I would look at trying to get a second round pick from a trade and my wish list would be.

C-Dieng - 1st
    PF- Cesar Lima Peru - 2nd
    SF- Oleksandry Lypouy - 2nd

I also think that Hanga comes over and makes this team this summer as a SG.
    "An amazing performance from FCM guard/forward Adam Hangawas not enough for Manresa to beat Valencia for the Spanish ACB. The Hungarian international - drafted from San Antonio in 2011 draft - was sensational finishing the match with 23 points, 2 rebounds, 4 steals and 29 ranking, but Valencia scored a last second buzzer to win 87-86. Hanga is enjoying a great season so far, averaging 10 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in Europe's most compe ive league."FCM
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Baylor alum I feel obliged to pimp the two legitimate "big" prospects from the Bears; Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson.

Austin is the more exciting of the two because of his size/skill combination. A legit 7ft and still growing, the biggest differentiator from other bigs is his ability to step outside and hit a jumper...out to the 3pt line. He's painfully skinny, so he may never be a post presence on either end. But, he's a young, super-athletic seven footer with a mid-range game. Of course he's probably not going to last beyond the lottery for those very same reasons, so ending up on the Spurs isn't very likely.

The "other guy", Cory Jefferson, was pretty much an unknown before the season. He spent much of the past two seasons on the bench behind higher-touted prospects like Quincy Miller, Quincy Acy and Perry Jones. With those guys now in the NBA, Cory is finally getting court time to prove himself. He's responding with very efficient scoring (over 60% from the field) and proving to be a valuable paint-protector (over 2bpg). There's not much on his profile, but he appears to be a good athlete with adequate size for a PF. I haven't watched him enough this season to know if he has any sort of midrange game, so that would be the big question mark. He looks like he should be available in the late first where the Spurs are slated.

I'd be happy if the Spurs picked either, though it would depend on what they gave up to get Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "other guy", Cory Jefferson, was pretty much an unknown before the season. He spent much of the past two seasons on the bench behind higher-touted prospects like Quincy Miller, Quincy Acy and Perry Jones. With those guys now in the NBA, Cory is finally getting court time to prove himself. He's responding with very efficient scoring (over 60% from the field) and proving to be a valuable paint-protector (over 2bpg). There's not much on his profile, but he appears to be a good athlete with adequate size for a PF. I haven't watched him enough this season to know if he has any sort of midrange game, so that would be the big question mark. He looks like he should be available in the late first where the Spurs are slated.
    DraftExpress has Jefferson going in the second round of the 2014 draft. It looks like he maybe red-shirted? Unless he declares, maybe the Bears will get him back for another year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every mock I see has Austin as a lottery pick or just outside it......we are going to be around the last 5 or 6 picks of the 1st round and no one wants the assets we are trying to give away in order to move up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft has some good players but not a lot of star players so I think we can still get a good player late in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress has Jefferson going in the second round of the 2014 draft. It looks like he maybe red-shirted? Unless he declares, maybe the Bears will get him back for another year
    They're just not "on him" like ESPN is at the moment. And it's not surprising because this is a breakout year for him. He has a good physical profile, solid athleticism and production. The Bears play Kansas tonight, so I'll be interested to see both him and Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just not "on him" like ESPN is at the moment. And it's not surprising because this is a breakout year for him. He has a good physical profile, solid athleticism and production. The Bears play Kansas tonight, so I'll be interested to see both him and Austin.
    Understood. His numbers look really good and the spurs could definitely use a new PF prospect with how Blair looks. Hope he can shoot.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.gorgui dieng
    2.Victor oladipo
    3.Phil pressy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.gorgui dieng
    2.Victor oladipo
    3.Phil pressy
    give me your take on Victor Oladipo....I will look into him, but I want your full assessment on him.

Thread Information