Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frame on my Cannondale cracked near seat post and upper tube lasted me 18k miles over the last 3 years, but my LBS offered me $250 on a trade in for a new bike, so I got this Marin Lombard gravel bike. Little bit thicker aluminum, carbon fork, disk brakes. Sturdier, love it:

https://goo.gl/photos/LEfHpAjm3M2Psabs5
    Last edited by leemajors; 10-07-2015 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frame on my Cannondale cracked near seat post and upper tube lasted me 18k miles over the last 3 years, but my LBS offered me $250 on a trade in for a new bike, so I got this Marin Lombard gravel bike. Little bit thicker aluminum, carbon fork, disk brakes. Sturdier, love it:

https://goo.gl/photos/LEfHpAjm3M2Psabs5
    Looks like a Super6 Black Edition. ing nice. Not a fan of panniers but I understand the need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just completed the bike MS this past weekend on my chromolly 2005 Marin Argenta. I feel like something clicked for me as I have never ridden that far before. Now, I'm already itching to get back on the bike whereas in previous years (with much less milage), I didn't even want to look at my bike for weeks.

To the point of the thread, I'm thinking about buying a new bike, but haven't even started looking yet, so for a purely road bike, does anyone have any suggestions in the $1000 range?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the new MS Band. I have the fitbit surge and it ed up tracking my century ride on Saturday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just completed the bike MS this past weekend on my chromolly 2005 Marin Argenta. I feel like something clicked for me as I have never ridden that far before. Now, I'm already itching to get back on the bike whereas in previous years (with much less milage), I didn't even want to look at my bike for weeks.

To the point of the thread, I'm thinking about buying a new bike, but haven't even started looking yet, so for a purely road bike, does anyone have any suggestions in the $1000 range?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the new MS Band. I have the fitbit surge and it ed up tracking my century ride on Saturday.
    Mine was 1K, pretty good components at Austin Bike Farm. Super comfy, and the disk brakes are a nice bonus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a Super6 Black Edition. ing nice. Not a fan of panniers but I understand the need.
    Yeah it's one of those Topeak racks with matching bag that locks in, panniers not used often but they are built into the bag I got, fold up nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mine was 1K, pretty good components at Austin Bike Farm. Super comfy, and the disk brakes are a nice bonus.
    What components did you get? My current bike has tiagra and I like those

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now I want to buy bike again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now I want to buy bike again.
    I saw a meme that said "introduce your kids to bikes at an early age and they'll never have money for drugs"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shimano Sora

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get on my level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You buying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry Havoc I just preordered this, have you seen it?

https://www.smarthalo.bike/

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I want a bike but unless I'm carrying it into my suite there's no point tbh. Bike I brought from Toronto was stolen months ago from my garbage (luckily it was a POS with faulty brakes, hope guy is dead tbh).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my friends are riders, they either buy or build one themselves with parts ... i think 1 of them got onto one of the bigger squads down here, but didnt get selected for tdf2016 i think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've seen a couple of devices like that before actually. Looks like that's probably the most complete version, but for $139 it's iffy for me. I would almost rather pour that $$ into an upgrade for my road bike.

This is what I've got, with a massively upgraded saddle. Needs new bar tape and lighter pedals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a couple of devices like that before actually. Looks like that's probably the most complete version, but for $139 it's iffy for me. I would almost rather pour that $$ into an upgrade for my road bike.

This is what I've got, with a massively upgraded saddle. Needs new bar tape and lighter pedals.
    I'm good with my bikes for now, all I currently want is a jones loop bar for my 29er and a better crank for it, but I don't ride all that much anymore unless I ride downtown. I'm too scared of my roadie getting stolen to leave it locked up. Love that thing, I've put 6k miles on it the last 9 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm good with my bikes for now, all I currently want is a jones loop bar for my 29er and a better crank for it, but I don't ride all that much anymore unless I ride downtown. I'm too scared of my roadie getting stolen to leave it locked up. Love that thing, I've put 6k miles on it the last 9 months
    You have strava/endo/Garmin? I'm riding my bike about 60-80 miles a week now that I'm dealing with a foot injury that stops me from playing most sports (the Duncan injury, plantar fasciitis). It's pretty impressive how fast my stamina has built up from riding. 90 minutes in the saddle is nothing compared to 45 minutes of running. I can burn 2k calories and not even feel tired.

I'm not scared of my roadie getting stolen because I'm not going to leave it parked anywhere. The wheels alone would be gone in minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have strava/endo/Garmin? I'm riding my bike about 60-80 miles a week now that I'm dealing with a foot injury that stops me from playing most sports (the Duncan injury, plantar fasciitis). It's pretty impressive how fast my stamina has built up from riding. 90 minutes in the saddle is nothing compared to 45 minutes of running. I can burn 2k calories and not even feel tired.

I'm not scared of my roadie getting stolen because I'm not going to leave it parked anywhere. The wheels alone would be gone in minutes.
    I use Cyclemeter pro on my iPhone. I ride about 115 a week and walk my pup 35. I cut down on riding a bit in summer, if I do 30 3 days in a row in this heat it completely wears me out even with a 2L camelbak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use Cyclemeter pro on my iPhone. I ride about 115 a week and walk my pup 35. I cut down on riding a bit in summer, if I do 30 3 days in a row in this heat it completely wears me out even with a 2L camelbak
    I got a Garmin GPS watch, ing love it. Makes looking over your stats afterward a nice treat. Even a small reward to keep you motivated is good.

Thread Information