Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God of War 4 plays even better on it, I hear.

Pretty much all PS4 games benefit from the higher refresh rate I assume. I need this console now. lol
    It's not all PS4 games. Basically a PS4 game's framerate benefits on PS5 over PS4 / PS4 Pro if either there is an explicit PS5 patch or there were unlocked framerate modes on PS4 Pro. So for instance God of War has an explicit PS5 patch to run 4k60, Rise of the Tomb Raider runs a locked 1080p60 since it had a 1080p unlocked framerate mode on PS4 Pro, while The Last of Us Part 2 only runs 1440p30 since there was no unlocked framerate mode and no 60 fps mode on PS4/PS4 Pro and there is no PS5 patch. If you want to look for particular games, this site will tell you:

https://www.backwards-compatible.com/

I have already found an error though: they say Dragon Quest XI S runs 60 fps on base PS4 when it only runs 30 fps there. The 60 fps mode was reserved for PS4 Pro, and by extension PS5 since PS5 plays games in PS4 Pro mode if available.

One of the biggest night and day differences on PS5 vs PS4 is supposed to Sekiro. That it's rock solid 60 fps on PS5 while being an unstable 30 fps on base PS4 and a variable framerate mess on PS4 Pro with the unlocked framerate. The biggest omission is Bloodborne, which will be forever 1080p30 thanks to Sony basically gutting Japan Studios.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-17-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 drop on amazon tomorrow is supposed to be between 9am EST and 11am EST...
    Where did you get this info from?

If true then oh well. I’m not waking up at no 9AM to maybe see it in stock and have a bot beat me to it.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Where did you get this info from?

If true then oh well. I’m not waking up at no 9AM to maybe see it in stock and have a bot beat me to it.
    looks like the actual drop time is to be announced, but that guy on twitter is gonna post the drop time between those hours i guess?

https://www.techradar.com/news/amazon-ps5-restock-time

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    so the guys that tech radar use as a source for this really the bed dude kept promising it would drop at 10am EST and nothing has happened at all yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the guys that tech radar use as a source for this really the bed dude kept promising it would drop at 10am EST and nothing has happened at all yet
    Go buy it off StockX and let me know if you didn’t get scammed so I can probably do the same.

Their prices seem too good to be true. Last night they had a disc version going for 650. That’s not too outrageous considering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go buy it off StockX and let me know if you didn’t get scammed so I can probably do the same.

Their prices seem too good to be true. Last night they had a disc version going for 650. That’s not too outrageous considering.
    Does StockX give any kind of refunds if you get a lemon? If not I'd just look for a PS5 disc system in the ~$750 range off ebay since ebay always rules in favor of the buyer in a dispute.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does StockX give any kind of refunds if you get a lemon? If not I'd just look for a PS5 disc system in the ~$750 range off ebay since ebay always rules in favor of the buyer in a dispute.
    From what I gather is that they are super legit when it comes to sneakers since that’s their bread and butter. Electronics is apparently a new add so experiences may vary. But the overall sentiment is that’s they’re not a scam site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I gather is that they are super legit when it comes to sneakers since that’s their bread and butter. Electronics is apparently a new add so experiences may vary. But the overall sentiment is that’s they’re not a scam site.
    Not really thinking scam site, just wondering if it's as is like buying from Craigslist or OfferUp or if you get any protection like you would from ebay in case you get a broken PS5 or a PS5 that dies on you in a week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Matt dude just deleted all his tweets from up to a week ago pimping the Amazon drop.

I guess dont rely on twitter nobodies is the lesson here for your articles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really thinking scam site, just wondering if it's as is like buying from Craigslist or OfferUp or if you get any protection like you would from ebay in case you get a broken PS5 or a PS5 that dies on you in a week.
    Old ass tweet from 2017

I think I may try them out but with something smaller in price. Maybe buy a pair of sneakers with low risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old ass tweet from 2017

I think I may try them out but with something smaller in price. Maybe buy a pair of sneakers with low risk.
    Package insured isn't enough protection for me to buy something like a PS5. Honestly if I hadn't got mine already though I'd just keep going trying with Walmart and Best Buy and hope I got one. I really want that manufacturer's warranty when I buy a $540 item.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you guys are willing to pay $650 scalped for one why not just buy the $720 Gamestop bundles with two games, an extra controller, and a Gamestop gift card? That's way better value and you get a manufacturer's warranty. Plus those bundles usually last for 10-15 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably because I can get one right now on StockX versus having to wait and probably missing out on GS. tbh i'm getting real tired of the refresh/out of stock nonsense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you guys are willing to pay $650 scalped for one why not just buy the $720 Gamestop bundles with two games, an extra controller, and a Gamestop gift card? That's way better value and you get a manufacturer's warranty. Plus those bundles usually last for 10-15 minutes.
    I'm a dumb . I should have gone for that one when I literally had the chance to place the order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supposedly another drop is coming at walmart today a 2PM CST

those twitter guys are saying the amazon drop is still coming at some point they just dont know when now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck guys on the Walmart drop. Don't forget to use the add directly to cart link I posted earlier in the thread or maybe some of the other methods I posted that people on the PS5 reddit said worked for them (the direct add to cart link is how I got mine).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck guys on the Walmart drop. Don't forget to use the add directly to cart link I posted earlier in the thread or maybe some of the other methods I posted that people on the PS5 reddit said worked for them (the direct add to cart link is how I got mine).
    What does add directly to cart mean?

Is there a different method than the obvious add to cart buttom? Repost that post you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does add directly to cart mean?

Is there a different method than the obvious add to cart buttom? Repost that post you're talking about.
    I posted links pages back that directly add the PS5 to your shopping cart when available. You'll never get a PS5 on Walmart's product page by refreshing it until the add to cart button shows because everyone knows to use the direct add to cart links. I posted how to use them probably ten pages back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, this is how I got my PS5.

Walmart seems to restock every two weeks or so, so you probably won't get an opportunity until then. They also announce their drops beforehand. I didn't know about the first drop at 3:00PM EST yesterday but one of the trackers I set an alarm for alterted me it was in stock at 3PM EST yesterday. By the time I got there it was too late for the 3:00 drop but they do more drops every ten minutes. Eg they did a 3:10 drop, a 3:20 drop, a 3:30 drop, and a 3:40 drop.

If you went to the product page before 3:00PM EST it would have a message saying will be available at 3:00PM EST. So at 2:59PM EST start loading and reloading that direct add to cart link until you get it in your cart or say it reaches 3:02PM and you haven't gotten one in cart. If you get it in cart complete the transaction ASAP. Usually you'll be too slow and will have been sold (happened when I got it in the cart at 3:10, 3:20, and 3:30). But maybe you get lucky.

If you miss the 3:00EST drop the product page then says it'll be available again at 3:10EST, so you do the same again. Eg start refreshing the direct add to cart page I linked at 3:09 until you get it in cart and then try to get checked out ASAP. And just keep doing this until you either get one or the product page says out of stock and there are no more times it'll be available again.

Here is the product page for PS5 disc version if I haven't linked it before:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStati...sole/363472942

Good luck if you try, it's a real trying to land one of these. If you want Miles Morales and Demon's Souls though I'd jump on that Gamestop bundle, those will be way easier to get when they become available since all the extras they add in will eat up most of any PS5 scalper's profit (these systems don't sell for $1000+ anymore like they did before Christmas). Even if you don't normally buy PS Plus (I'm pretty sure it's part of the Gamestop bundle) it's a pretty badass deal right now with all the included PS4 games plus Control PS5 edition.
    Also Reck, if you're not going to make a username and input a credit card beforehand, don't even bother with buying from Walmart. You have to race through the checkout once you get a PS5 in cart so if you're having to input anything other than your CVV you're not going to get one. So make sure you have your CVV memorized too, because Walmart.com will ask for it during checkout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if you want the Digital Edition, here is the direct add to cart link:

This should be the direct link for the Digital Edition on Walmart, though I wouldn't expect another restock for a couple of weeks.

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815
    I have to reiterate if you do not have a Walmart.com account and don't have a credit card with all the info already pre-entered before trying to buy, you have zero chance of making it through checkout in time even if you get a system in your shopping cart. Also Digital Edition is supposed to be tougher to get than the disc version for what I have heard.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    gonna try the app method this time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna try the app method this time
    What was that method again?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, this is how I got my PS5.

Also Reck, if you're not going to make a username and input a credit card beforehand, don't even bother with buying from Walmart. You have to race through the checkout once you get a PS5 in cart so if you're having to input anything other than your CVV you're not going to get one. So make sure you have your CVV memorized too, because Walmart.com will ask for it during checkout.
    So that link takes me here

What will I see when it's actually in stock? Will it be on my cart already?

And yes, unfortunately I did delete my account when last drop failed me. I'm going to make one again. lol

Thread Information