Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2871
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird, if all these randoms get spots and BGame doesn't. Maybe he was too hood for the coaching staff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno man, I'd probably like to see Curry get exposed as the chucking fraud he is when he's not surrounded by Thugs who are sponsored and can kick guys in the nuts and better players like Thompson and KD. Lots less shimmying I'd assume on the Bobcats or wherever he goes on his money grab.
    this x1000 the worriers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this dude a remotely reliable source?
    No clue, but I wouldn't be surprised. Could be speculating from that pic that came out a couple weeks back, but who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washburn and brimah. No Bgame👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 Weird thought he improved a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue, but I wouldn't be surprised. Could be speculating from that pic that came out a couple weeks back, but who knows.

the curiosity about this pic is that osman, durant, lebron, kawhi and any random person could probably win the championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    👆signed to Camp deals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Huestis, I agree with those who are down on him because of all the development time put into him that has gone nowhere. 1 year in the g-league plus 3 under contract with the Thunder plus the four in college, and he's struggling to get a minimum NBA deal.

Blossomgame has had one year in the g-league, and did look improved on defense in summer league. Maybe another year will get him farther. I'd like to see him get the chance.

But further, both Blossomgame and Brimah had great chemistry with White. Having the two of them there will make things easier for White, helping him look good. White will need all the help he can to convince Pop to give him a big role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pAulGarcia
    The Spurs have signed Julian Washburn and Amida Brimah to training camp deals per Real GM.

Once Huestis and Eubanks sign their deals, the Spurs’ camp roster will be up to 19.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pAulGarcia
    The Spurs have signed Julian Washburn and Amida Brimah to training camp deals per Real GM.

Once Huestis and Eubanks sign their deals, the Spurs’ camp roster will be up to 19.
    Wow... Blossomgame still missing in action!

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Huestis, I agree with those who are down on him because of all the development time put into him that has gone nowhere. 1 year in the g-league plus 3 under contract with the Thunder plus the four in college, and he's struggling to get a minimum NBA deal.

Blossomgame has had one year in the g-league, and did look improved on defense in summer league. Maybe another year will get him farther. I'd like to see him get the chance.

But further, both Blossomgame and Brimah had great chemistry with White. Having the two of them there will make things easier for White, helping him look good. White will need all the help he can to convince Pop to give him a big role.
    do you have stats? Or did you follow the Austin Spurs and the Thunder with Huestis a substantial amount of games? I assume you did, given your assessments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers above the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you have stats? Or did you follow the Austin Spurs and the Thunder with Huestis a substantial amount of games? I assume you did, given your assessments?
    I've watched more Blossomgame than Huestis by far. But the context surrounding Huestis doesn't go away with watching more games of his, though I did watch everything on YouTube. He was in the pipeline 4 years, OKC has been giving every wing a shot and no dice for Huestis.

Off the top of my head there aren't many first contract guys who Presti gave up on and was wrong about walking away from, like McGary, Payne or Perry Jones. Spurs though I can easily think of cheap young guys who went on to have long careers that Pop and RC somehow couldn't find a spot on the 15 for, like Garrett Temple, Anthony Tolliver, Ian and JaMychal Green. I might have a biased view based on incomplete information considering that I pay attention to the Spurs much more than other teams and so know the history of their roster better. But it doesn't seem like Presti could completely miss on a guy who was there for 4 years without significant injury and just let him walk off onto a make good camp deal. Presti still could have re-signed Huestis for the minimum despite not picking up the fourth year option just like GS did with Looney, but in suppose Presti had seen enough.

Didn't think Blossomgame was an NBA player last year, not much of 3 point shooter, wasn't standing out in the box score defensively at that level. When I watched g-league games I concentrated on White and skipped when he was out of the game so nothing stood out defensively. Blossomgame just looked like a strong athlete who was a smart cutter good at making himself available with good hands.

But I paid more attention in summer league and he just looked better, looked like his defensive awareness was fair enough. Any sign of improvement is a reason to hope at his age, and I'd rather see if he could develop more.

But I don't expect that to happen, I'm sure Huestis will be given the shot. I do wonder what will happen to Blossomgame. G-league salaries I think get a small bump this year, but I wonder if Blossomgame will still be around. Money should be better elsewhere, but once he's somewhere else his development wouldn't follow the same track.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched more Blossomgame than Huestis by far. But the context surrounding Huestis doesn't go away with watching more games of his, though I did watch everything on YouTube. He was in the pipeline 4 years, OKC has been giving every wing a shot and no dice for Huestis.

Off the top of my head there aren't many first contract guys who Presti gave up on and was wrong about walking away from, like McGary, Payne or Perry Jones. Spurs though I can easily think of cheap young guys who went on to have long careers that Pop and RC somehow couldn't find a spot on the 15 for, like Garrett Temple, Anthony Tolliver, Ian and JaMychal Green. I might have a biased view based on incomplete information considering that I pay attention to the Spurs much more than other teams and so know the history of their roster better. But it doesn't seem like Presti could completely miss on a guy who was there for 4 years without significant injury and just let him walk off onto a make good camp deal. Presti still could have re-signed Huestis for the minimum despite not picking up the fourth year option just like GS did with Looney, but in suppose Presti had seen enough.

Didn't think Blossomgame was an NBA player last year, not much of 3 point shooter, wasn't standing out in the box score defensively at that level. When I watched g-league games I concentrated on White and skipped when he was out of the game so nothing stood out defensively. Blossomgame just looked like a strong athlete who was a smart cutter good at making himself available with good hands.

But I paid more attention in summer league and he just looked better, looked like his defensive awareness was fair enough. Any sign of improvement is a reason to hope at his age, and I'd rather see if he could develop more.

But I don't expect that to happen, I'm sure Huestis will be given the shot. I do wonder what will happen to Blossomgame. G-league salaries I think get a small bump this year, but I wonder if Blossomgame will still be around. Money should be better elsewhere, but once he's somewhere else his development wouldn't follow the same track.
    1. Context surrounding Huestis meaning? He wasn’t given an opportunity and looks like he can play defense in YouTube, ergo he needs to be given much more than the 1,000 minutes he was given last year? For a Spurs fan, that’s a favourable context. From the Thunder’s side of the fence, it’s quite telling (a) they didn’t rush to re-sign him; and that (b) it means he’s leapfrogged by Ferguson. There’s another cir stance in that the Spurs didn’t offer the last roster slot but rather a two-way contract.
    2. Based off Anderson’s and Simmons’s previous performances in SL, that’s the level a player has to play in order to be at least a decent rotation player. Blossomgame’s numbers didn’t pop out and his were actually better than Eubanks, but Eubanks got the two-way slot faster than Blossomgame and Brimah did. Somewhere, somehow Blossomgame has to read between the lines.

I don’t want to belabor the point further since their contracts are inconsequential, but I’m extremely averse to people who base assessments off Youtube highlights. I don’t know the extent of coverage you’ve managed to sift through, but the cir stances surrounding the roster moves indicate Blossomgame isn’t good enough and that Huestis would be s fringe player at best. Two-way contracts only give players 45 days with the team. If the Spurs truly daw something special, the same would have been a guaranteed offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too keen to assume there's something PATFO is missing that they can see. But I also think it's a lazy answer to say that Huestis must have been the better choice is PATFO picked him. Blossomgame is still a younger player and stockier, and he's unable to try out for any team but SA unless he forces the issue. My concern with how PATFO has been handling two-way deals is not necessarily that they've been missing out on the better players (though you could make that argument). Rather, it's that they've seem really player-unfriendly by not signing guys they draft. Back when they only had 15 slots, it made sense to look for guy who could contribute or who had real potential. But two-way deals have two purposes: Making it easier to live on a d-league salary and reducing the instability that comes with the call-up system.

I feel like the Spurs missed the mark on both of those purposes last year, and they are running a similar risk with Eubanks this year. They shouldn't feel en led for guys they draft to work at d-league wages for years and then end up falling out the system. While second-rounders are not guaranteed anything, there is or should be a level of trust that's fostered between a team an all of their draftees that the team intends to sign them at some point. If two-way deals are supposed to make it so guys can stay in country much more easily, then there's less excuses for asking draftees to take less. The Spurs obviously didn't prefer Costello to Blossomgame last year, or else they would have taken him instead. But they paid Costello significantly more (like $200k more), and they look to be planning on doing the same thing with Eubanks. It's messed up, and while it's not illegal, if I were a potential Spurs draftee, I'd want my agent to discourage PATFO from taking me.

The team has just been low-key bad for draftees for a long time. They used to try to screw first-rounders out of money every year (Deeks wrote an article back when he was still doing Sham Sports about how rare it was to not give a player 120-percent of the rookie scale, and the Spurs had like half of the total instances in league history). Yes, they've paid from surgeries (which I don't think is rare except maybe in cases like Robertas Javtokas where it wasn't an basketball-related incident), but they've also repeated passed on giving guys training-camp invites unless they force the team's hand. When the guys actually come over, they seem reluctant to pay real value for them (which I completely understand but which is still a bad thing from a player-relations perspective). Bertans took less money to come over; Hanga didn't. I think we're just seeing the next way that inherent combativeness has manifested. I didn't like it when they tried to give Hill less than the minimum 10 years ago, and I don't like it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like if you are not patfo favorite or big3, u going to get low ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz are so high up on Zeke’s list , wow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too keen to assume there's something PATFO is missing that they can see. But I also think it's a lazy answer to say that Huestis must have been the better choice is PATFO picked him. Blossomgame is still a younger player and stockier, and he's unable to try out for any team but SA unless he forces the issue. My concern with how PATFO has been handling two-way deals is not necessarily that they've been missing out on the better players (though you could make that argument). Rather, it's that they've seem really player-unfriendly by not signing guys they draft. Back when they only had 15 slots, it made sense to look for guy who could contribute or who had real potential. But two-way deals have two purposes: Making it easier to live on a d-league salary and reducing the instability that comes with the call-up system.

I feel like the Spurs missed the mark on both of those purposes last year, and they are running a similar risk with Eubanks this year. They shouldn't feel en led for guys they draft to work at d-league wages for years and then end up falling out the system. While second-rounders are not guaranteed anything, there is or should be a level of trust that's fostered between a team an all of their draftees that the team intends to sign them at some point. If two-way deals are supposed to make it so guys can stay in country much more easily, then there's less excuses for asking draftees to take less. The Spurs obviously didn't prefer Costello to Blossomgame last year, or else they would have taken him instead. But they paid Costello significantly more (like $200k more), and they look to be planning on doing the same thing with Eubanks. It's messed up, and while it's not illegal, if I were a potential Spurs draftee, I'd want my agent to discourage PATFO from taking me.

The team has just been low-key bad for draftees for a long time. They used to try to screw first-rounders out of money every year (Deeks wrote an article back when he was still doing Sham Sports about how rare it was to not give a player 120-percent of the rookie scale, and the Spurs had like half of the total instances in league history). Yes, they've paid from surgeries (which I don't think is rare except maybe in cases like Robertas Javtokas where it wasn't an basketball-related incident), but they've also repeated passed on giving guys training-camp invites unless they force the team's hand. When the guys actually come over, they seem reluctant to pay real value for them (which I completely understand but which is still a bad thing from a player-relations perspective). Bertans took less money to come over; Hanga didn't. I think we're just seeing the next way that inherent combativeness has manifested. I didn't like it when they tried to give Hill less than the minimum 10 years ago, and I don't like it now.
    They just gave a second-rounder (#49) Metu a 3 year contract. When's the last time the Spurs did that? So we can't argue here that Spurs are unwilling to sign a second rounder, they just did!

Regarding 2-way, Spurs got a lot of action from Hillard last year (played 14 game). He decided this year to play in Europe. So we can't argue that the Spurs won't use their 2 way contracts. They did last year.

About Costello and Eubanks, its insurance in case a big goes down. Costello played just 4 games last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy buckets anyone????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's that time of the year to scour the internet for shady streams of preseason games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and mills for jimmy please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come one PATFO! Get on that jimmy buckets train.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Buckets wants out and has a list of 3 teams he would sign an extension with. Curious to see what teams. Doubtly any of them are SA though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Jimmy are like bffs. There were pics of them hanging out together during the offseason. Not like it ultimately matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetically, would a Kawhi for Butler straight up have worked had Butler put this out there earlier?

Tho RIP to Kawhi's quad playing for Thibs

Thread Information