Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, DeRomo has his issues. But I feel like some of this has some to do with Pop never sticking up for his players publicly.

You saw Malone call out the refs, right or wrong, he went to bat for his players publicly to the media, and it rallied his guys.

Pop never does that, the exception being Kawhi and Pachulia. In 20+ years of coaching, he’s done it once....once! And it was a day.

Tim Tony and Manu aren’t walking through that door. They new guys need to feel Pop backing them publicly, but he won’t because he’s so smart and we’re all dumb, and his coaching is untouchable.
    He shouldn't even get credit for that 1 act. Pop was a dumbass about the Zaza situation. Originally he said after game 1 that he didn't believe it was intentional. Only a day or two later did he call out Zaza. #2 deserves a lot of hatred for the stunt he pulled last year but I feel Pop not sticking up for him immediately gave Uncle Dennis an easy opening to say "Hey #2 Pop doesn't have your back look at how he didn't even stick up for you until it was obvious that Zaza hurt you. Do you really want to spend the rest of your career with a guy who doesn't always have your back."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shouldn't even get credit for that 1 act. Pop was a dumbass about the Zaza situation. Originally he said after game 1 that he didn't believe it was intentional. Only a day or two later did he call out Zaza. #2 deserves a lot of hatred for the stunt he pulled last year but I feel Pop not sticking up for him immediately gave Uncle Dennis an easy opening to say "Hey #2 Pop doesn't have your back look at how he didn't even stick up for you until it was obvious that Zaza hurt you. Do you really want to spend the rest of your career with a guy who doesn't always have your back."
    Yes you’re absolutely right. I left out the word later from my post on accident. It should have read “And it was a day later”. That was my point, it came a day later as if it was forced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan getting ejected is a headline on the front page of CNN lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate him, and that has nothing to do with it. But you can't be so mentally weak that you rip up your own jersey in one game, and get ejected like that in another.

And obviously the alternatives to DD aren't good, but he's mentally pathetic.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never see a player on our team doing that. Pathetic.
    That.

Pop should bench him next game anyway. Series is lost, take back at least some Spurs pride in having players behave like men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is a ing disgrace. He has been whining about calls all year and now ripping his jersey and getting thrown out.

GETTING THROWN OUT OF A GAME THAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING IN BECAUSE YOU GOT CALLED FOR A CHARGE. WHAT. THE. .

(it was the right call too)

precisely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Of course it was the right call. DeRozan's "charge" was payback for a blatantly missed call a few seconds before. He didn't try to hide it. He slammed into Harris and gave him a hard shot, then tossed the ball. He wasn't pissed that the charge was called, he was pissed about what happened before. I don't blame him for being mad, but he was still stupid for what he did. That was never going to come out good.

Meanwhile, the league reversed double technical on Durant and JaMychal Green, because they don't want to take a chance on having to suspend Durant during the playoffs. Theater imitating sports.
    The idiot did the same in game 3. He doesn't get a call, he loses his mind (that little he has of it). What a ing egotistic moron, couldn't care less about the team, they guy is only stats and iso-me.

(the durant green double technical was a mistake, they were just laughing, really)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, DeRomo has his issues. But I feel like some of this has some to do with Pop never sticking up for his players publicly.

You saw Malone call out the refs, right or wrong, he went to bat for his players publicly to the media, and it rallied his guys.

Pop never does that, the exception being Kawhi and Pachulia. In 20+ years of coaching, he’s done it once....once! And it was a day.

Tim Tony and Manu aren’t walking through that door. They new guys need to feel Pop backing them publicly, but he won’t because he’s so smart and we’re all dumb, and his coaching is untouchable.
    So the loss is on the refs? is this your point? if coach blames the refs then millionaires will play hard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan penetration and kicking out is the best way to generate any decent looks from 3. Without him Spurs will not be able to generate enough offense to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan penetration and kicking out is the best way to generate any decent looks from 3. Without him Spurs will not be able to generate enough offense to win.
    do you have any stat supporting this? Like, how many (open) 3s were shot from DDR penetrations?
    Non saying you are wrong, but do have any number?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    move demar this summer. spurs should’ve never traded for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you have any stat supporting this? Like, how many (open) 3s were shot from DDR penetrations?
    He's first on the team in drives with 16.8 a game, second is White at 12.5 per NBA.com. Not sure how many of these result in successful kick outs for 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression one season of his bipolar bull has been more than enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression one season of his bipolar bull has been more than enough
    True, he's not the ideal player.

But who else on the team is going to handle the ball, get his own shots, score, lead the team in assists and stop stagnation on offense pretty much every time he's asked to.

If any of us had to do all that, we might be depressed too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF Dumbmar gets suspended, will Lonnie get a few real minutes?

And if the Spurs look good without Dumbmar, will that, coupled with his tantrums, influence Pop to move him in the offseason?
    I freaking HOPE... The younger Pop would have... This Pop sees DDR as a pet project to bring redemption to, so be prepared to have him on the team until either he or Pop retires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, he's not the ideal player.

But who else on the team is going to handle the ball, get his own shots, score, lead the team in assists and stop stagnation on offense pretty much every time he's asked to.

If any of us had to do all that, we might be depressed too.
    It's called trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He leads the team in assists in playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's first on the team in drives with 16.8 a game, second is White at 12.5 per NBA.com. Not sure how many of these result in successful kick outs for 3s.
    Actually thew thing I like about his game is his 1-dribble lateral penetration+12 footer or + fake-under-the-defender; on those he is indeed an all star. Unfortunately he seems to have forgotten them, for lazier 5-dribble +9 ft fadeaway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He leads the team in assists in playoffs
    Yes, that wasn't my question though. But yes he leads in assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaking HOPE... The younger Pop would have... This Pop sees DDR as a pet project to bring redemption to, so be prepared to have him on the team until either he or Pop retires
    I believe you are right. More than likely that’s how Pop sees Dumbmar. But to my mind, if Pop is willing to tolerate his antics that’s the ultimate indication that he has come loose from his moorings. For such regular outbursts Pop would have buried any other player deep in his doghouse until the first opportunity to dump the guy. Deadman comes to mind in recent history, and he was a model citizen compared to Dumbmar.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still steamed after watching the clip of him tossing the ball. Dude needs to go. I dont care what they get. You want to tank? Trade him for whatever you can and tank next year. That ty at ude doesn't happen here. Go at in NY or some other place were you can rot and be a brat.

I don't care what his stats are on this mediocre team, he is not good long term for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m honestly really shocked at people on their soapbox regarding DeRozan and him throwing the ball. Is it annoying? Absolutely. He really does a poor job of controlling his emotions when he’s not getting calls.

But all the outrage and asking for him to be traded because you were offended? To each their own, but that is a bit much to me. He is by all accounts a great teammate, he’s kind to the media and doesn’t do anything off court that draws any negative attention.

He’s far more Spurs material than not.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of you all talking about moving DeRozan --- wtf are you smoking? He's due $55 million over the next two years. You think anyone is taking that contract and giving the Spurs anything of value back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of you all talking about moving DeRozan --- wtf are you smoking? He's due $55 million over the next two years. You think anyone is taking that contract and giving the Spurs anything of value back?
    Look, lets not go overboard with the hyperbole. Plenty of teams would love to have DeRozan. Teams that struggle to attract talent and want to make a playoff push; he has value.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, lets not go overboard with the hyperbole. Plenty of teams would love to have DeRozan. Teams that struggle to attract talent and want to make a playoff push; he has value.
    Agree. But we're not getting anything back save for a 2nd rounder and a G-league player.

Thread Information