My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where Pop coached worse?

I legit cannot think of one tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 vs rookie Avery Johnson might be a tie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vs Dallas. One time.

Vs Lakers multiple times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was

Manu was

Splitter was

Duncan was eh soso

Kawhi was eh soso

The fact that pop made it to 7 games actually is a miracle imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that Pop didn't make a single good coaching decision the entire series is the miracle tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where Pop coached worse?

I legit cannot think of one tbh.
    , try season. If this is a sign of things to come as Pop gets older it might be time for him to retire too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol hater trying to equal Parker's bed ting to that of other players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where the was Cojo? tbh. If a defensive PG was ever needed in a series it was this one. Pop was a scrub this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that Pop didn't make a single good coaching decision the entire series is the miracle tbh
    Tell me how parker Manu splitter oh and green were not .

A regular coach would have gotten swept. Maybe Doc was being nice to Pop because they buddies imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2010-2011 vs Memphis in the 1st round:

- He decided to sit Gino in Game 1 when he could've played him
    - Letting rookie Tiago watch from the bench while Bonner was getting eviscerated by ZBo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2010-2011 vs Memphis in the 1st round:

- He decided to sit Gino in Game 1 when he could've played him
    - Letting rookie Tiago watch from the bench while Bonner was getting eviscerated by ZBo
    Manu had a legit broken arm, cant fault him for that. Not playing Splitter was a trend forthat entire season but I'm talking about the microcosm of a single series tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get a running list going....

-Porky's minutes obviously
    -Hack a DJ
    -Not a single adjustment to the high double screen for CP3 all series long...
    -Kawhi on CP3 and not Danny, pretty much taking away both their strengths as a defender...
    -Patty not getting enough minutes
    -Not putting Timmy on Blake once in Game 6 when he was going off
    -Zero touches for Kawhi in the post when he was guarded by Jamal Crawford a ton...
    -that final play call of the series...

He just looked disinterested for most of the series tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu had a legit broken arm, cant fault him for that. Not playing Splitter was a trend forthat entire season but I'm talking about the microcosm of a single series tbh....
    well, this series was also the microcosm of the entire season, tbh... I just think Pop gets to the playoffs and then goes to battle with what got him there. So I don't think anybody was really surprised he didn't shut Porky down or didn't give Patty a bigger role.

Last season was really forced on him by injuries...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get a running list going....

-Porky's minutes obviously
    -Hack a DJ
    -Not a single adjustment to the high double screen for CP3 all series long...
    -Kawhi on CP3 and not Danny, pretty much taking away both their strengths as a defender...
    -Patty not getting enough minutes
    -Not putting Timmy on Blake once in Game 6 when he was going off
    -Zero touches for Kawhi in the post when he was guarded by Jamal Crawford a ton...
    -that final play call of the series...

He just looked disinterested for most of the series tbh.
    "I'm not that smart, Mugz. Now go fetch me another glass of wine."

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As one of the more vocal critics of Pop over the years, I'd like to know what exactly you think Pop did that was so awful in this series.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I'll respond to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last years first round was awful, but he did get better with time. This year no, so i guess we have to go back to the udoka-gooden times, athough it's debatable if that was more of a talent issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's a "ride or die" type of guy. He was going to ride his Big 3, whether people liked it or not. Obviously in this series, it was the wrong decision. Love Pop, but if he keeps pulling these bizarre coaching stunts, then I think it might be time to try and #BringBackCoachBud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As one of the more vocal critics of Pop over the years, I'd like to know what exactly you think Pop did that was so awful in this series.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I'll respond to that.
    he kept the pace low, played beli more than manu, didn't give green consistent minutes, did not play cory joseph despite him being the only one aside of danny that can defend paul, insisted on the awful defensive matchup paul-leonard, used the hacking while leading, played beli, insisted with parker even though he looked dead, went away from ball movement to forcing long jumpers.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2006 vs rookie Avery Johnson might be a tie.
    2006 was worse IMO. In no way, shape, or form is Finley at power forward the answer to defensive deficiencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    played beli more than manu
    Manus corpse was out there. Ferrari was great. youre a loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's a "ride or die" type of guy. He was going to ride his Big 3, whether people liked it or not. Obviously in this series, it was the wrong decision. Love Pop, but if he keeps pulling these bizarre coaching stunts, then I think it might be time to try and #BringBackCoachBud
    Pop's benched Timmy many a times when the situation called for it (GSW series in 2013). But Porky had an endless leash this series despite Patty badly outplaying him....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manus corpse was out there. Ferrari was great. youre a loser
    i'm pretty sure playing against rivers and turkoglu's dead brother will pad your stats, but that was when we were supposed to make the difference. We didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure playing against rivers and turkoglu's dead brother will pad your stats, but that was when we were supposed to make the difference. We didn't.
    except Beli didn't play vs turko dip

manu did btw and was awful

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he kept the pace low, played beli more than manu, didn't give green consistent minutes, did not play cory joseph despite him being the only one aside of danny that can defend paul, insisted on the awful defensive matchup paul-leonard, used the hacking while leading, played beli, insisted with parker even though he looked dead, went away from ball movement to forcing long jumpers.
    Duncan, Diaw, Parker, Manu, and Kawhi were a combined -32 for game 7. This was the big lineup that won the le last year. Not sure how coaching makes up for that. It's pretty sensible to keep hoping that they eventually decide to play the way they did the last month of the season.

The Spurs shot 68 percent from the free-throw line in this series. Nobody on the team shot that badly in the entire regular season. If they just hit their free throws, they probably win the series in six games.

The pace is determined by the players and by the playoffs. Much of the Spurs' fast break comes from steals. Steals didn't happen. Part of that is because playoff teams don't cough up the ball as much. Let's not pretend that Pop suddenly commanded the players to slow down.

The Spurs weren't forcing long jumpers unless the shot clock was running down. The problem with their offense was people standing around. I saw Pop standing on the sidelines screaming profanities at his players trying to get them to move the ball around. The offense looked good for short bursts, but then they'd start stagnating again and the quality of their shots would drop.

Let's dispel the "Danny Green defends Paul" myth, please. Paul had a ty game 3. The fact that he didn't have any more ty games means what the Spurs did in that game had nothing to do with it.

Unless I'm mistaken, Danny Green lost minutes because he suddenly forgot how to ing shoot. There's no amount of defense that makes up for that. You could make a case that putting Joseph in for Green might have worked, but Joseph isn't much more than a placeholder on offense, and we all know it.

Pop hacks bad free throw shooters, and does so because the percentages dictate that it will benefit you in the long run. In order for there to be a long run, you have to keep doing it. I don't agree with it, but we all know he's going to do it. He always has. His name is Gregg, nice to meet you.

Manu looked pretty ty at times in this series, as did many of the shooters. Beli came in and was aggressive offensively. I'm unsure how people making a case for Patty to get more minutes simultaneously slam Beli getting minutes.

Honest to god, anyone who questions Pop's coaching after this series must not have been around for 2011, much less 2006. This year's version of Pop almost completely let the outcome be decided by his best players. I wish Patty could have gotten some more burn, but that's about it. This is probably the least Pop has interfered in recent memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, after the horrible coaching in playoffs, I'm more concerned about his plans next season.

If Manu retires and they don't re-sign Joseph...Pop'll go crazy, experimenting with the 2nd unit and the new guys.

And if the Spurs can get Aldridge we'll see the four down all game again, even when LA isn't a dominant and effective low post player as Timmy was...

Or just the opposite, and we'll see the mid j party featuring LA...

Damn...Pop'll play his mad scientist routine next season but more wild, insane, weird, than the usual.

Thread Information