Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the Suns have still have to win another game but it is not unreasonable to think that they will be advancing to the NBA finals. I am sick of NBA fans discrediting the legitimacy of the Suns success. Everyone's argument is:

• AD was injured, LBJ was playing hurt, no team chemistry among the Lakers
    • Murray was hurt, Jokic got tired from carrying the team
    • Kawhi was hurt, Clippers are tired

My response to this is that the Suns played great basketball all year, therefore top seeded teams are en led to benefit from injuries/misfortunes of lower seeded teams. That's how it works.

For those who discredit the Suns, why not discredit the Warriors 2018 NBA finals victory?

• Warriors beat the Spurs w/o Kawhi (otherwise Spurs win series IMO)
    • Warriors beat the Pelicans w/o Cousins; faced AD, Jrue Holiday, a "nice" Rondo but otherwise a "very average" Pelicans roster
    • Warriors beat the Rockets w/o CP3
    • Warriors sweep Cavs w/o Kyrie

Seems to be a lot of hypocrisy among fans, talk show hosts, and podcasters, right?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Because this season and last are huge asterisks, for obvious reasons. Suns would not be in the WCF in a normal season nor would they come close to sniffing the Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Please be sure to add the super rigged call of a foul on Lebron to bail out Durbetta end of Game 1. Initially ruled a charge and essentially game over, ABC Disney NBA refs and reversed a call that had not been done in like 18 months. JR Dumb running out the clock to follow.
    • IMO after the Cavs win that game, overated mentally super weak Warriors are entirely capable of losing the series. They probably would have won the series anyway, but it's just yet another pamper along their way.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because this season and last are huge asterisks, for obvious reasons. Suns would not be in the WCF in a normal season nor would they come close to sniffing the Finals
    The internet is a dumb place. This happens every year when a team makes a deep run, they catch breaks and everyone cries about it.

[*]Please be sure to add the super rigged call of a foul on Lebron to bail out Durbetta end of Game 1. Initially ruled a charge and essentially game over, ABC Disney NBA refs and reversed a call that had not been done in like 18 months. JR Dumb running out the clock to follow.[*]IMO after the Cavs win that game, overated mentally super weak Warriors are entirely capable of losing the series. They probably would have won the series anyway, but it's just yet another pamper along their way.[/LIST]
    I agree. If Cavs won Game 1 they take the series.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The internet is a dumb place. This happens every year when a team makes a deep run, they catch breaks and everyone cries about it.

I agree. If Cavs won Game 1 they take the series.
    Sure, every time gets lucky breaks along the way. But this season specifically is tainted for obvious reasons and its outcome would likely not be the same in any normal season. it's not just because the Lakers are out. this entire season is a farce. no fans for the majority of the year, fastest turnaround ever for the playoff teams, health and safety protocol decimating teams or forcing them into ridiculous condensed schedules, hardly any time to hold practices, no training camp, etc etc etc. thats the answer to the question you posed in the OP

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, you're saying they're on their way to being the 2015 Warriors.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, every time gets lucky breaks along the way. But this season specifically is tainted for obvious reasons and its outcome would likely not be the same in any normal season. it's not just because the Lakers are out. this entire season is a farce. no fans for the majority of the year, fastest turnaround ever for the playoff teams, health and safety protocol decimating teams or forcing them into ridiculous condensed schedules, hardly any time to hold practices, no training camp, etc etc etc. thats the answer to the question you posed in the OP
    I understand, but with that said the playing field was even for all teams, which negates your opinion that the season was tainted/Suns are less deserving. Understand your perspective and look forward to others.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're saying they're on their way to being the 2015 Warriors.
    And/or 2018, but it seems to me the Suns are being dismissed by fans and talk show hosts more so than the say the Lakers "Mickeymouse" le last year or any other past les where key players were injured in the playoffs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And/or 2018, but it seems to me the Suns are being dismissed by fans and talk show hosts more so than the say the Lakers "Mickeymouse" le last year or any other past les where key players were injured in the playoffs.
    Of course. Kissing Laker ass is what the media is built to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the Suns have still have to win another game but it is not unreasonable to think that they will be advancing to the NBA finals. I am sick of NBA fans discrediting the legitimacy of the Suns success. Everyone's argument is:

My response to this is that the Suns played great basketball all year, therefore top seeded teams are en led to benefit from injuries/misfortunes of lower seeded teams. That's how it works.

For those who discredit the Suns, why not discredit the Warriors 2018 NBA finals victory?

• Warriors beat the Spurs w/o Kawhi (otherwise Spurs win series IMO)
    • Warriors beat the Pelicans w/o Cousins; faced AD, Jrue Holiday, a "nice" Rondo but otherwise a "very average" Pelicans roster
    • Warriors beat the Rockets w/o CP3

Seems to be a lot of hypocrisy among fans, talk show hosts, and podcasters, right?
    I don't think Spurs beat the Warriors even with Kawhi. Sure they were having a good game but Kawhi wasn't stopping the entire team from going on a 20pt run. Playoffs have games where one team or the other can go off big, but you cannot use that small sample size as an indication of the entire series. There's no reason to think the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors.

Spurs were beneficiaries of the injury bug as well a few times.

People make those comments because they prefer to live in fantasy worlds where they can use sliders to adjust their bubble realities.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give the Suns all the respect in the world if they ring this year. They're not some crap team backing into the Finals, they won at a 58 win pace this season which is plenty respectable for a champion. They have a devastating backcourt, a high-end bigman, and lots of depth. I don't think anyone could make a good argument they're some kind of accidental champion should they ring next month. Injuries are part of the game. Sucked seeing the Lakers to have such a quick turnaround but all that time off to rest LeBron and Davis helped them in 2020 and doesn't diminish their le. Phoenix just gotta win five more and no one can say .

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'll give the Suns all the respect in the world if they ring this year. They're not some crap team backing into the Finals, they won at a 58 win pace this season which is plenty respectable for a champion. They have a devastating backcourt, a high-end bigman, and lots of depth. I don't think anyone could make a good argument they're some kind of accidental champion should they ring next month. Injuries are part of the game. Sucked seeing the Lakers to have such a quick turnaround but all that time off to rest LeBron and Davis helped them in 2020 and doesn't diminish their le. Phoenix just gotta win five more and no one can say .

Thank you

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Appears imminent. Clippers would have to win 3 in-a-row. That ain't gonna happen. And you'd eat either the Hawks-OR-Bucks alive. I have to hold out hope that a miracle occurs in the interim, so, that O & 52 isn't the final coup in my infamous count.

I am a venerated warrior of the Cherokee Nation. Admittedly, I don't wear a shirt and tie, I wear a truss, but I remain part red man deep inside. I've counted coup upon the Phoenix Suns since late '86, Christmas time---the birth of Jesus Christ, the one and only savior...

"God the Father.
    God the Son.
    God the Holy Ghost.

Bless, preserve and keep thee, that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come, may ye have life everlasting.

Amen"

We pray, well, I do...

"Oh, Lord, strike down this maniacal, though measured attempt to rappel and ultimately scale the O & 52 Wall. The old O & 52 Wall, God. Honest to Go...well honest to you, God, I've so enjoyed jamming it down Suns faithful's throats the last 35 years. Drive this hoard back, let there be no lamentation of the women,,, well, perhaps we can still have that lamentation part. I ain't lamentated in quite a spell. I haven't been able to cut the mus to lamentate in the worried state I've been in since the Suns have been trying to topple the old Wall.

Amen."

Or, Suns scarred and faithful: shall it be like in -The Passion of the Christ- Jesus is being beaten upon the path to His crucifixion. At one point He falls as He had done as a child. His Mother rushes to His side as She had done when He was a child. He looks up at Her...

..."Behold, I make all things new."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course. Kissing Laker ass is what the media is built to do.
    Well, (they) have to kiss it with James running around in native dress looking to CANCEL anyone that looks sideways at his black ass.

Nobody wants to end up on a bread line in the dead of Summer, Spurts.

If it weren't for Floyd getting CANCELLED last Summer that same Media would've crawled up our asses and played dead immediately after the Suns canceled our ticket early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost every championship run involves some luck falling your way. If this were the Lakers, their fortuitous path wouldn't be nearly as scrutinized.

It's because no one expected the Suns to do this well, so now the media is covering for themselves. The Suns aren't the sexy pick out of the West.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Almost every championship run involves some luck falling your way. If this were the Lakers, their fortuitous path wouldn't be nearly as scrutinized.

It's because no one expected the Suns to do this well, so now the media is covering for themselves. The Suns aren't the sexy pick out of the West.
    Precisely, Ed. It's grudged. There's no upside for Media outside of local Media here in Phoenix Metro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I said it first. Me, bum. And (ill) will verify that fact. ill? Thank you.

You're an insufferable fart catcher, bum, and you've always been one.

Love,

- Dale

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Appears imminent. Clippers would have to win 3 in-a-row. That ain't gonna happen. And you'd eat either the Hawks-OR-Bucks alive. I have to hold out hope that a miracle occurs in the interim, so, that O & 52 isn't the final coup in my infamous count.

I am a venerated warrior of the Cherokee Nation. Admittedly, I don't wear a shirt and tie, I wear a truss, but I remain part red man deep inside. I've counted coup upon the Phoenix Suns since late '86, Christmas time---the birth of Jesus Christ, the one and only savior...

"God the Father.
    God the Son.
    God the Holy Ghost.

Bless, preserve and keep thee, that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come, may ye have life everlasting.

Amen"

We pray, well, I do...

"Oh, Lord, strike down this maniacal, though measured attempt to rappel and ultimately scale the O & 52 Wall. The old O & 52 Wall, God. Honest to Go...well honest to you, God, I've so enjoyed jamming it down Suns faithful's throats the last 35 years. Drive this hoard back, let there be no lamentation of the women,,, well, perhaps we can still have that lamentation part. I ain't lamentated in quite a spell. I haven't been able to cut the mus to lamentate in the worried state I've been in since the Suns have been trying to topple the old Wall.

Amen."

Or, Suns scarred and faithful: shall it be like in -The Passion of the Christ- Jesus is being beaten upon the path to His crucifixion. At one point He falls as He had done as a child. His Mother rushes to His side as She had done when He was a child. He looks up at Her...

..."Behold, I make all things new."
    I'll be at the game tonight letting them have it

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I said it first. Me, bum. And (ill) will verify that fact. ill? Thank you.

You're an insufferable fart catcher, bum, and you've always been one.

Love,

- Dale
    Shoulder to shoulder, Cully has said he will end the O and forever. I believe Cully to be a man of his word.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They caught every team at the best possible time, and they definitely would have lost to a healthy Lakers or Clippers team. That said, winning a le is winning a le, doesn’t matter how you get there. Not every le run can be as glorious as the 2011 Mavs where the difficulty is set to Hall Of Fame each round and they still win it all. You take the opponent that’s put in front of you and that’s it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shoulder to shoulder, Cully has said he will end the O and forever. I believe Cully to be a man of his word.
    I'm a good loser. I want to do this right and proper. That's the only way it should be and shall be done now. We've been thru since the Internet got started. First on the old AZ Central Boards, then at your phxsuns.net. There we went at it hammer and tong at the .net. I was exiled and found my home here among another fine group of fellows. Even now I post over at the KTAR Boards as (Cac rio) where I am welcome on the sports side and banned on the news side.

As the specter of the Suns winning the NBA le has come into sharp focus I've reflected on the past, our relationships and my beliefs. I always believed I'd suffered terribly until the breakthrough in Boston in '85. I now realize that subconsciously I'd been insulated by the les in Minnesota as well as those gleaned after the move to California. So that made my ultimate victory incomparable to Suns fans who have experienced no insulation. Just more than a half century in the bitter cold, of utter denial, cruel rejection and total loss. So, if NBA World Champion Phoenix Suns were to come to fruition I will not grudge it, nor refer back to the O & __. That will be put away ever more. Never to be seen again, so help me God. I will go forward and will not lament the loss,, they'll be no "if's, and's, or, but's," no asterisks, nor denigration of your accomplish. This, I vow. I will, hat-in-hand, cry not tears of regret at my ultimate loss, but tears of happiness for this city and for all Suns faithful wherever they dwell for your liberation.

You fellow are good people and I've enjoyed and reflect back with great affection for all of you whether we've battled, or, not.

I so love coupling my posts with quotes from motion pictures and I've chosen one today that I believe lends itself to the impending notion that is currently in our midst:::"Is this going to hit us?"

It is from -Armageddon- concerning an ELE (an Extinction Level Event) when the "President" speaks to the American public as Willis is about to take his crew aloft...

"Through all of the chaos that is our history; through all of the wrongs and the discord; through all of the pain and suffering; through all of our times, there is one thing that has nourished our souls, and elevated our species above its origins, and that is our courage."

It's taken a boundless course of courage for the Suns faithful to arrive here, on the precipice of total victory...of being NBA World Champions. You stood the gaffe, remained fast in the ranks. Never flagged. Never abandoned your post. How many of you have grabbed the attendant "jacks and timbers and started back down"? I've borne witness:::You-never-stopped.

And then there---at the last "Harry Stamper" locates & pushes the plunger..."...We win, Gracie."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol threads like this come up and now the Suns will lose in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cully will roll the in' barrels worse than 6 if the Suns choke this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans jinxing every team that plays the Clippers.

Round 1: Clippers shouldn’t have tanked to draw Dallas.
    Round 2: Jazz are like the Spurs reincarnated. Everyone underestimates what they can do to the Clippers.
    Round 3: “Why do haters discredit the Suns?”

Thread Information