6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks because the Mariners are so beatable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has got to be the worst franchise in baseball and Maddon is practically senile Pop version of baseball.

This team has so many terrible pitchers..all of their bullpen is crap except for Iglesias and Mayer’s is somewhat decent at road. Bundy sucks so bad as a starter and he’s even worst as a reliever

Suarez is decent
    Sandoval decent
    Ohtani is their best pitcher

But Heaney, Cobb gets one good game out of 3

You start to wonder if pitching coach for this is to blame

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has got to be the worst franchise in baseball and Maddon is practically senile Pop version of baseball.

This team has so many terrible pitchers..all of their bullpen is crap except for Iglesias and Mayer’s is somewhat decent at road. Bundy sucks so bad as a starter and he’s even worst as a reliever

Suarez is decent
    Sandoval decent
    Ohtani is their best pitcher

But Heaney, Cobb gets one good game out of 3

You start to wonder if pitching coach for this is to blame
    Still pretending you're a FOB.

K

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/11591/

Angels announcers calling a career .170 hitter "Captain Jack" is an embarrassment to the organization.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles Angels

Buyer: Wow, what a week it’s been for us! Shohei Ohtani was the center of the baseball universe and is probably the biggest reason why the All-Star Game got a small ratings boost. Jared Walsh made the play of the game with his diving stop in left field. How can you not invest more in this team with the vibes this high, especially with Mike Trout hopefully back in the lineup by the end of the month?
    Seller: Yeah, it’s probably been our best week of the season, maybe aside from that time last month when we had back-to-back sweeps against the Royals and D-Backs. And that’s sort of the problem, isn’t it?
    Buyer: Look, this isn’t the year any of us imagined, especially with Mike Trout getting injured. But our manager set a goal of playing .500 ball until he came back, and we’ve actually topped that and gone 27–22 without the best player in the sport. That’s the pace of an 89-win team.
    Seller: Sure, but we’ve mostly been beating up on the cellar dwellers. We’re 20–7 against losing teams and 25–37 against winning teams. We won’t be able to make the sort of improvements we need to make to contend for the World Series in the middle of the season.
    Buyer: We can’t look at this season as World Series or bust. We owe it to our fans—and to Trout—to make a run at the playoffs. And we have an obvious path to improvement: better starting pitching. We rank 25th with a 5.06 rotation ERA.
    Seller: Yeah, but that’s the path every contender will at least be exploring (and what we’ve been trying to improve for the better part of a decade now). Twelve of the 17 teams at or above .500 have at least one starting pitcher on the injured list, and that doesn’t include the Nationals, Braves and Cardinals—three teams who fancy themselves as contenders with at least two starters on the IL—because they’re just below .500. And we don’t have a deep enough farm system to outbid other clubs for the most sought-after names while also maintaining a solid base of prospects for the future.
    Buyer: Look, I’m not saying we should go get Max Scherzer. But Ohtani, Alex Cobb and youngster Patrick Sandoval have been our only decent starters. Jose Quintana, Andrew Heaney, Griffin Canning and even 2020 success story Dylan Bundy have all been disappointing to awful. Can we at least get another competent arm to give us a shot? Maybe Colorado’s Jon Gray?
    Seller: Our pitching isn’t even completely to blame. We have an awful defense—with Walsh being one of the worst offenders, that nice All-Star snag notwithstanding. And that’s something we can’t overhaul midseason. Meanwhile, we have a couple pending free agents in Cobb and Raisel Iglesias who could actually fetch us something nice to help us get Trout a World Series ring in the future, and not just a token playoff berth in the present.
    Buyer: I hear you. Look, we still have some time to make a decision. Here are our opponents for the rest of this month: Mariners, A’s, Twins, Rockies, A’s. That’s not so bad, right? Let’s see how we hold up against those guys without Trout and let that guide us in the right direction.
    Verdict: This is maybe the hardest call of them all. It takes a strong stomach to willingly eat another year of Trout’s prime, but there are five teams between the Angels and the second wild-card spot. This has got to be a HOLD, with the decision range likely being a couple modest moves in either direction based on how things unfold the rest of this month.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/07/16/ml...ell-the-opener

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize he had a no-no going after I turned the game off after the sixth inning.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information