Page 142 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Turkish kid would have been a top 5 pick 15 years ago. Just worry the moment for that type of player has passed.

Giddy and Wagner look good in the videos, but worry they’re a few steps slow for NBA. T-Rex arms also not great. Do like Giddy’s playmaking tho.

Liking Moody and Bouknight look good, though latter probably gone before 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 week until the draft so here's my updated big board and I'm breaking it into tiers as well this time. Unless something unexpected happens this should be my last updated board. I may report it on draft day.

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Evan Mobley
    3. Jonathan Kuminga
    4. Franz Wagner
    5. Jalen Green
    6. Scottie Barnes
    7. Jalen Suggs
    8. Moses Moody
    9. Alperen Sengun
    10. James Bouknight
    11. Jalen Johnson
    12. Kai Jones
    13. Corey Kispert
    14. Isaiah Jackson
    15. Chris Duarte
    16. Jaden Springer
    17. Trey Murphy
    18. Jared Butler
    19. Usman Garuba
    20. Keon Johnson
    21. Tre Mann
    22. Joshua Primo
    23. Josh Giddey
    24. Davion Mitc
    25. Joe Weiskamp
    26. Sharife Cooper
    27. JT Thor
    28. Ayo Dosunmu
    29. Zaire Williams
    30. Herbert Jones

Tier 1:
    Cade Cunningham
    Evan Mobley

Tier 2:
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Franz Wagner
    Jalen Green
    Scottie Barnes
    Jalen Suggs
    Moses Moody
    Alperen Sengun

Tier 3:
    James Bouknight
    Jalen Johnson
    Kai Jones
    Corey Kispert
    Isaiah Jackson
    Chris Duarte
    Jaden Springer

Tier 4:
    Trey Murphy
    Jared Butler
    Usman Garuba
    Keon Johnson
    Tre Mann
    Joshua Primo
    Josh Giddey

Tier 5:
    Davion Mitc
    Joe Weiskamp
    Sharife Cooper
    JT Thor
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Zaire Williams
    Herbert Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s your reason for dropping Suggs and Green? mo7888

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 week until the draft so here's my updated big board and I'm breaking it into tiers as well this time. Unless something unexpected happens this should be my last updated board. I may report it on draft day.

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Evan Mobley
    3. Jonathan Kuminga
    4. Franz Wagner
    5. Jalen Green
    6. Scottie Barnes
    7. Jalen Suggs
    8. Moses Moody
    9. Alperen Sengun
    10. James Bouknight
    11. Jalen Johnson
    If these are the first 11 picks, I'm soooo trading down. 16 and 18, or even 19 and 21 , or 17 and another asset from Memphis.

Another possibility would be Delon Wright + 9 for 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If these are the first 11 picks, I'm soooo trading down. 16 and 18, or even 19 and 21 , or 17 and another asset from Memphis.

Another possibility would be Delon Wright + 9 for 12.
    It's not my prediction for how I think the draft will go. It's not a mock draft.

I'd also be in favor of doing that trade with Oklahoma..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s your reason for dropping Suggs and Green? mo7888
    It's not so much that I've dropped Green, I've just gotten more comfortable with Wagner's upside. Suggs lack of shooting worries me a bit but in reality all of the 2nd tier is really close. I don't have much difference in 3 through 9. It's more of a product of how I see them fitting with the Spurs to determine the order.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up seems hard to do, unless you get somewhere around 7-9. But to trade a key (rotation) piece to move up to get a player when we should have tanked feels super frustrating.

I’d stay put and if no Sengun, Wagner or maybe Giddey, then I’d trade down, but with Presti we’d probably get screwed. So it looks like 12 and see what we get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading up seems hard to do, unless you get somewhere around 7-9. But to trade a key (rotation) piece to move up to get a player when we should have tanked feels super frustrating.

I’d stay put and if no Sengun, Wagner or maybe Giddey, then I’d trade down, but with Presti we’d probably get screwed. So it looks like 12 and see what we get.
    I think there's a deal to be made with Presti. He's got so many young guys that there's probably a limit to how many more he wants to add this year. My bigger fear dealing with him is that someone ahead of us would want to trade down with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a deal to be made with Presti. He's got so many young guys that there's probably a limit to how many more he wants to add this year. My bigger fear dealing with him is that someone ahead of us would want to trade down with him.
    True. He can likely finagle a better offer. If we end up with Moody or Kispert we will still be ok. But not my first choice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thoughts:

How do people feel about Moody vs Kispert? If the choice came down between the two.
    I think Kispert is more athletic than Moody. Both of them struggled against NBA type athletes, but Moody's percentage drop numbers are more significant. He barely gets his shots off against college level defenses and everything is faster in the NBA.

If you wan't a more translatable shooter then go Kispert, shoots it at NBA range and off movement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

New ringer mock, has Spurs taking Garuba over Giddey.

- Keon dropping on all mocks.
    - SAC Franz, NO Kispert , CHA Kai reaching some sort of consensus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I don’t think has been discussed but what if the Spurs just completely draft someone unexpected like Davion Mitc ? Not saying that’s what I want or what will happen but it wouldn’t surprise me either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10558418[/URL]]Something I don’t think has been discussed but what if the Spurs just completely draft someone unexpected like Davion Mitc ? Not saying that’s what I want or what will happen but it wouldn’t surprise me either.
    For the most part besides Samanic and White Spurs have just picked up the prospects that dropped to them. They may have to again if someone like Davion, Keon, or Bouknight drop to them but they absolutely need to start trading away some of their guards for value if so or trade down for guys like Kispert and Zaire Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a better perspective on Giddey. He has a skill the team needs offensively and could potentially develop offensive skills that he didn't show yet, like a good shooting percentage, because he's undeniably young. It's great that he has surveyed other players like Joe Ingles who has drilled in him how important it is that he develops a 3 pt shot. It may take time coming or not, as he's very young and has grown as the season went on reportedly. He has more upside if he can shoot for sure. Nothing much is said about defense, but stance is going to be key, as well as discipline.

Basically returning to my casual laid back spectating mode. He's not my top target though. I prefer Sengun to him for example, and I think there are others I would take before him as well but I see the reason for the hype.

Thanks to everyone who provides feedback, insight and post some latest reports so that I can focus on who is of interest around 12.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-22-2021 at 11:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I don’t think has been discussed but what if the Spurs just completely draft someone unexpected like Davion Mitc ? Not saying that’s what I want or what will happen but it wouldn’t surprise me either.
    The spurs do have a bit of a history picking guys out of nowhere. George Hill was one but he actually panned out. Luka was a bit of a reach at 19. Ian Mahinmi, Livio Jean-Charles, Cory Joseph. These guys weren't exactly popular household names. Some made it some didn't. It's very difficult to read the spurs front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder when the end of workouts are. Surely there will no longer be workouts two or three days from the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 Days until the Draft!

The final countdown begins...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unsure if this has been posted yet, but SAC TOWN is interested in giving up their draft pick for someone(s) who can win NOW. If the Spurs, let's say, give up DJM or DW4, & future picks, would the trade up be worth it? The Ringer projects that the Kings are drafting Wagner at 9. Here's the article from Real GM:

The Sacramento Kings have shopped the No. 9 overall pick in the draft for players who can help them win now, sources tell The Ringer.

The Kings finished the 20-21 season with a 31-41 record and were two games out of the final Play-In spot. The Kings last made the playoffs in 2006.
    If Sacramento keeps the No. 9 pick, The Ringer currently has Franz Wagner as their selection.

Other options could be LW4 or Luka Sandwich or both. Hmmm... do they want more experienced vets though? I'm sure that FIBA Patty is untouchable with the Spurs (unless the Aussies beat USA for the Gold! ).

Any who, lots of possibilities going into the Draft! We shall see! One week to go, Baby!!! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty interesting. He's been mocked everywhere, up in the late first 10, into the 20s. His motor is undeniable and I think I might have compared him to a more guard-oriented Nephew at some point, lots of materials but still raw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unsure if this has been posted yet, but SAC TOWN is interested in giving up their draft pick for someone(s) who can win NOW. If the Spurs, let's say, give up DJM or DW4, & future picks, would the trade up be worth it? The Ringer projects that the Kings are drafting Wagner at 9. Here's the article from Real GM:

The Sacramento Kings have shopped the No. 9 overall pick in the draft for players who can help them win now, sources tell The Ringer.

The Kings finished the 20-21 season with a 31-41 record and were two games out of the final Play-In spot. The Kings last made the playoffs in 2006.
    If Sacramento keeps the No. 9 pick, The Ringer currently has Franz Wagner as their selection.

Other options could be LW4 or Luka Sandwich or both. Hmmm... do they want more experienced vets though? I'm sure that FIBA Patty is untouchable with the Spurs (unless the Aussies beat USA for the Gold! ).

Any who, lots of possibilities going into the Draft! We shall see! One week to go, Baby!!! GSG!!!
    I guess it depends on what it would take to get their #9. If you talking about a current player for the pick and we keep #12 then I'd consider it strongly. If we're talking about giving up a player + #12 or a future 1st then I'd pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

New ringer mock, has Spurs taking Garuba over Giddey.

- Keon dropping on all mocks.
    - SAC Franz, NO Kispert , CHA Kai reaching some sort of consensus.
    Thanks for sharing. KOC often has goofy opinions. And I think Jalen Green at #2 is likely smoke and mirrors. Intel from teams...how could any reporter take that at face value and not question the veracity? I mean, if all these teams are leaking actual info, then that is pretty poor team management. I suppose it’s possible, but seems more like gamesmanship. I suppose that’s how Sengun falls to #18, or just low insight from KOC.

Garuba is a dark horse candidate, but not with Yak still on the team. We can’t add more non shooters, though Garuba, while a poor shooter, is miles ahead of Yak.

But hey, we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it depends on what it would take to get their #9. If you talking about a current player for the pick and we keep #12 then I'd consider it strongly. If we're talking about giving up a player + #12 or a future 1st then I'd pass.
    My guess is a lot of teams are looking to move up into that range, including those with 2 picks in the later first round. I don't exactly know what Sacramento means about this. Getting a couple vets won't suddenly make them compe ive. There are problems with the roster, but shrewd moves can get them into the playoff talk. Wagner would be the right sort of pick, though, esp. as team defense was atrocious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be okay with a trade down for an additional pick because right now i am liking duarte and murphy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing. KOC often has goofy opinions. And I think Jalen Green at #2 is likely smoke and mirrors. Intel from teams...how could any reporter take that at face value and not question the veracity? I mean, if all these teams are leaking actual info, then that is pretty poor team management. I suppose it’s possible, but seems more like gamesmanship. I suppose that’s how Sengun falls to #18, or just low insight from KOC.

Garuba is a dark horse candidate, but not with Yak still on the team. We can’t add more non shooters, though Garuba, while a poor shooter, is miles ahead of Yak.

But hey, we’ll see.
    Jalen Green seems to be solidifying to Houston on many mocks. My gut, or something like it, suggests their dumb owner wants some splashy player.

I agree that The Ringer is baffling at times. Clickbaity.

I don't understand Garuba as the Spurs' pick. Nothing against him, but he doesn't seem like a lottery pick and he doesn't seem to fit the team at all. He overlaps Keldon and Poeltl in unproductive ways. If he's Clint Capela, that's one thing, but he's not.

Thread Information