Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry this is happening to you.
    He's pretty close to getting added to the ignore list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're a society of laws... the feels or morals of the equation should be largely irrelevant, despite they not always are -ElNono

But a law is law until it's not a law. The feels or morals should be largely irrelevant.
    Correct. Not sure why you’re repeating my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite the opposite. I've been asking about right and wrong. ElNono leaned on law so I went that direction.

Funny how you two come along and pretend that didn't happen.. posters B and C.
    I was merely pointing out what Roe established and why. Even though TX law is currently enforceable, Roe is also the precedent for making sure laws like that are short lived. We’ll see what the SCOTUS decides.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole TX's bags are mean and dumb, Paxton is not a lawyer

Texas AG Ken Paxton serves up incoherent attack on Merrick Garland: His job is to 'worry about Afghanistan'

Paxton tried to attack U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland by saying his job is not to "worry about" Texas but to worry about "what's going on in Afghanistan," along with the southern border, energy prices, inflation, the economy, and "the world."

The nation's top law enforcement official has little to do with the now-ended war in Afghanistan, the U.S. economy, and even the southern border, not to mention the rest of the world.

His job is not to worry about Texas," Paxton told Steve Bannon,

Attorneys General for decades have done exactly what Garland did Thursday:

sue states for violating federal law or the U.S. Cons ution.

But Paxton, ...

"I've never seen a president or administration so interested in in regulating individual states and

what they do this is a, is almost, I think it's unheard of."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/09/paxton-garland/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Texas AG Ken Paxton serves up incoherent attack on Merrick Garland: His job is to 'worry about Afghanistan'

Paxton tried to attack U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland by saying his job is not to "worry about" Texas but to worry about "what's going on in Afghanistan," along with the southern border, energy prices, inflation, the economy, and "the world."

The nation's top law enforcement official has little to do with the now-ended war in Afghanistan, the U.S. economy, and even the southern border, not to mention the rest of the world.

But Paxton, ...

"I've never seen a president or administration so interested in in regulating individual states and

They're just trying to get under Biden's skin. Get him so he doesn't get any sleep, get that BP up there, have Biden walk the floors at night, perhaps get his shingles to start flaring up.

Turnabout is fair play, bouts.

If you can dish it, then you must take it. C'mon, Biden is a ball buster in his own right. He can mix it up with the best of us. So, Texas, Florida, et al are gonna see what's he made of. See if he can keep up. Because, daddy-O, we ain't a gonna stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But Paxton, ...

Sounds like something an Armenian computer repairman from Yuma would say.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like something an Armenian computer repairman from Yuma would say.
    Nope, just trollin' that in the White House.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist Confederate hole TX implementing the Confedercy's NULLIFICATION,

to be followed by other Confederate/red states.

The lawyer who invented the Texas abortion bill essentially confessed he did it to get around the courts

a confession from lawyer Jonathan Mitc

that creating the Texas abortion bill was an effort to get around the courts voting to uphold
    Roe v. Wade.

his statement makes it clear that he crafted the legislation to work around the system.

"The political branches have been too willing

to cede control of cons utional interpretation to the federal judiciary," That's their Cons utional raison d'etre, their ing job

"But there are ways to counter the judiciary's cons utional pronouncements,

and Texas has shown that the states need not adopt a posture of learned helplessness

in response to questionable or uncons utional court rulings."

https://www.rawstory.com/lawyer-behind-texas-abortion-law

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-13-2021 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was merely pointing out what Roe established and why. Even though TX law is currently enforceable, Roe is also the precedent for making sure laws like that are short lived. We’ll see what the SCOTUS decides.
    They will wait until it lands in their docket after being struck down at the lower courts and appealed.

Then they will consider it and strike it down too, because the actual precedence that this law sets is something so abhorrently egregious about government violation of rights that even the hacks that Dump put in place won't be able to let it slide.

Energizing the left and pro-choice voter in the mean time. I thought women were worked up during the Trump presidency, what is happening now in my social media feeds is... incandescent.

If there is a price to be paid at the ballot box, it would be richly deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo it seems like the goal of the law was to put almost every abortion provider in Texas out of business by making it so there couldn’t be any injunctive relief before the law is eventually overturned.
    Agreed. No way this holds up under final review, but anything that limits abortions in the state is going to be considered a victory by the Eventaliban.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That’ll get upheld by the Travis County Court of Appeals but will then get gutted by SCOTEX.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Abortion Ban Architect Just Really Wants Everyone To Stop Banging, OK?

Jonathan Mitc , the former Texas solicitor general who designed the law, has set his sights on overturning Roe v. Wade entirely.

Mitc said the quiet part out loud when he argued this week in a Supreme Court brief that one of the reasons that

without Roe, "women can "control their reproductive lives" without access to abortion;

they can do so by
    refraining from sexual intercourse."

This, really, has always been what the anti-abortion has been about.

It was never about the babies,

it was always about reversing course on the sexual revolution.

He also argues that "the freedoms enumerated in the Bill of Rights have nothing to do with sexual liberation or reproductive freedom," but

does not say where in the Bill of Rights it gives anyone a right to force someone to give birth.

In fact, abortion was legal at the time the Bill of Rights was written and remained so in this country until about 1873-1880,

The reason it was outlawed, ... due to the newly-formed American Medical Association

not wanting to compete with midwives and

to prevent women from going to college to study obstetrics and gynecology.

pretty much the entire history of anti-abortion nonsense (as well as much of the history of trying to destroy the social safety net) has been about controlling women.

Same sex marriage and non p-in-v sex may have to go, because people don't really have a "right" to those things any more than people have a right to abortions.

None of this was ever about the babies.

It was always about creating the society that the Christian Right wants

but can't have because they keep losing the "culture war."

https://www.wonkette.com/texas-abort...top-banging-ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Oh no I only got 6 weeks to figure out if I'm prego so I can abort it!" It takes 5 mins buying a test and using it. It takes less time slipping on a condom or keeping your legs from being spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO At all you incels pretending like yall ever had a chance to impregnate a chick anyhow in order to kill your unborn.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    joey projecting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Dumpster wishes he was an incel... Sadly he gets pegged by an obese hag nightly.

Glad I get to go home to a 115lb woman nightly who stays fit and doesn't smell like your lazy fat ing wife bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has joey riled up? Is the crack house having a two for one sale?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    joey "ignoring" me and bragging about his imaginary girlfriend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has joey riled up? Is the crack house having a two for one sale?
    Again bro with the crack? You bring it up every damn time and try to pin it on me as if I have ever been around that . I have no clue about crack so why not explain your history with it?

You come across as such a but so many of you "men" here do the same.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again bro with the crack? You bring it up every damn time and try to pin it on me as if I have ever been around that . I have no clue about crack so why not explain your history with it?

You come across as such a but so many of you "men" here do the same.
    Why? Were you not on something when you decided to get those calf tats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Were you not on something when you decided to get those calf tats?
    Tattoos bro, that's literally all they are. All this time and yall dumb s harp on a couple tattoos and their placement when most adults these days are tattooed. Wow such a big deal! Oh I forgot, you're Mr. Hyperbole.

You keep on dodging buddy because you lack integrity.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tattoos bro, that's literally all they are. All this time and yall dumb s harp on a couple tattoos and their placement when most adults these days are tattooed. Wow such a big deal! Oh I forgot, you're Mr. Hyperbole.

You keep on dodging buddy because you lack integrity.
    Why are you always trying to start fights on here like you're twelve years old, joey? You're such a hardass.

Thread Information