Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australians getting screwed, I'm loving it
    They've had slews of problems with the submarine project and there are a lot of unanswered questions here. It's a mess but it was really a mess under the old contract which is why they got out.

That said, this requirement for them to be mostly built in Australia is one of the things that's making the project so complicated. In the long run it would probably be faster and cheaper to just buy them "off the self" read made from the U.S. They can afford them but it'll just mean more debt which they'll be able to issue without any setbacks in the capital markets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've had slews of problems with the submarine project and there are a lot of unanswered questions here. It's a mess but it was really a mess under the old contract which is why they got out.

That said, this requirement for them to be mostly built in Australia is one of the things that's making the project so complicated. In the long run it would probably be faster and cheaper to just buy them "off the self" read made from the U.S. They can afford them but it'll just mean more debt which they'll be able to issue without any setbacks in the capital markets.
    The French already were on course to have 60% of the jobs in Australia (they wanted 90% originally). The US won't transfer nuclear knowledge to Australia so the number of jobs will be drastically less.

This deal won't go anywhere, Australians don't want nuclear energy or submarines. New Zealand won't allow them in their territorial waters preventing Australia to go East. Nuclear submarines are 50 to 100% more expensive, if they complained about the price of the French submarines, they'll have a harder time with the nuclear versions. The first US submarine would be available in 2040 so much later.

At the end, this is their choice. France is losing about 8 billions as most of the money would have been spent in Australia. With a US/UK deal, most of the money will get out of Australia.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The French already were on course to have 60% of the jobs in Australia (they wanted 90% originally). The US won't transfer nuclear knowledge to Australia so the number of jobs will be drastically less.

This deal won't go anywhere, Australians don't want nuclear energy or submarines. New Zealand won't allow them in their territorial waters preventing Australia to go East. Nuclear submarines are 50 to 100% more expensive, if they complained about the price of the French submarines, they'll have a harder time with the nuclear versions. The first US submarine would be available in 2040 so much later.

At the end, this is their choice. France is losing about 8 billions as most of the money would have been spent in Australia. With a US/UK deal, most of the money will get out of Australia.
    I'm dizzy, fred. Bottom line:::which ever way it hurts mother er Biden is Jake with me.

P.S., Your mother's waitin'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup this deal means not much sense when looked at. Aussies will most likely never see their own nuke subs or be able to pay for them or even maintain them.

This deal was to allow US and UK to immediately have a nuclear sub base in Perth. The drums of war are humming. We are most likely to see an armed conflict vs China in less than 5 years.

USA went to Aussie cucks and told them straight up. This is happening. You are either with us or against us. We will gladly make you pay if you dont join us know. The Aussie cucks had no choice but to bend over.

Thats it and thats all

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup this deal means not much sense when looked at. Aussies will most likely never see their own nuke subs or be able to pay for them or even maintain them.

This deal was to allow US and UK to immediately have a nuclear sub base in Perth. The drums of war are humming. We are most likely to see an armed conflict vs China in less than 5 years.

USA went to Aussie cucks and told them straight up. This is happening. You are either with us or against us. We will gladly make you pay if you dont join us know. The Aussie cucks had no choice but to bend over.

Thats it and thats all
    I don't think that there will be a real war. This will be like the cold war except this time China will win the race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently deindustrialization has strategic drawbacks.

Australia has close to zero chance of getting a submarine from the United States’ current program, experts say, as yet another report shows the US is struggling to meet its own needs.

Defence is facing a capability gap as the existing Collins-class fleet retires and hopes fade of getting a new submarine under the Aukus deal before 2040.

Under the Aukus deal, Australia will buy at least eight submarines from either the US or the United Kingdom.

Former defence minister Peter Dutton suggested the US might give Australia a couple of its boats, a suggestion that was largely dismissed.

The latest report to Congress on the progress of the US’s shipbuilding efforts show the submarines “experienced cost growth” in the early part of the program, and now there’s a shortage of spare parts, maintenance delays for existing boats, and concerns about the shipyards’ capacity.

Complications including, but not limited to, the pandemic have seen delays in production of the US navy’s Virginia-class submarines.

“Some observers have expressed concern about the industrial base’s capacity for executing such a workload without encountering bottlenecks or other production problems in one or both of these programs,” the report said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...am-experts-say

Thread Information