Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    not directly imo, but this portugal team was clearly more feisty and aggresive than other far more talented portugal teams, a bit of ronaldo's personality was definitely in this team and it showed when they needed it most. People fail to realize that you don't need to score 7 goals against trash to be the best, you need to score that ONE goal against the 2nd best. That's why TRUE winners always do it on the biggest stages, with luck, with hard work, playing dirty, with leadership, with whatever it takes tbh. That's why germany always does well at tournaments, we just go out there and do whatever it takes, even if we never had all star teams like italy/france/spain/brazil/argentina.

Imo missi would EASILY be the GOAT if he'd play with some balls tbh. So I can understand why some would pick ronaldo as the better big game player, even though right now he's getting old and he's more of a poacher on the field, he plays his heart out in big games. My top 3 are : zidane (tactical skill of a puppet master, finesse of a ballerina, heart of a fanatic, stats simply don't show what he did on the field, he'll even be a good coach), maradona (peak diego was just a slightly less skilled missi with heart ) and missi (right now vs maradona he is kinda like lebron vs jordan .. needs a miracle after many chokes).
    I only watched one entire Germany game and that was against France, and the way you guys lost the match is total bs..you guys played beautiful football in the first half and Germany had control for most of the game but France just managed to capatilize the few chances they had.. See how Football can be so cruel sometimes?

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Dude, Messi holds the record for most goals scored in finals and most goals scored in the Clasicos. Those are ultimate "big game" stats. Sidenaldo on the other hand has a reputation of not coming very big on big games, tbh. But now Portugal won this without him and, sure enough, he's now a "big game player".

Performing a show on the sideline so that you get some camera time isn't the same as "playing your heart out in big games", son. C'mon now.
    This is how myths are created, I'm not gonna accuse the homie dfens in general but are we seriously gonna give Cristiano most of the credit for Portugal winning the euro? Cmon son he didn't even play the final nor was he the best player in the tournament.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Dude, Messi holds the record for most goals scored in finals and most goals scored in the Clasicos. Those are ultimate "big game" stats. Sidenaldo on the other hand has a reputation of not coming very big on big games, tbh. But now Portugal won this without him and, sure enough, he's now a "big game player".

Performing a show on the sideline so that you get some camera time isn't the same as "playing your heart out in big games", son. C'mon now.
    there is no question messi performs at GOAT level for barcelona, a team tailor-made for his skills. the question at hand is why does he perform so poorly for his national team. Dude lost 3 finals in 3 consecutive years, seriously if you are in the GOAT player discussion you have to man up and dominate at least one game. Penaldo didn't play but he brought undeniable leadership tbh and he dragged that trash team to a EC final playing as an underdog in each and every knockout game. That's something we can't say about messi (who is imo better than penaldo)

and Imo the real big games aren't classicos but finals: ec finals, wc finals, some champs league finals... imo a wc semifinal >>>>>> champs league final for footballing value and tension. At barcelona/madrid/bayern they play for what, a corporation?/some fans?/market value? .. at a world cup you play for your country, imo I wouldn't even use classicos to rate GOAT players, except those with totally NTs.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I only watched one entire Germany game and that was against France, and the way you guys lost the match is total bs..you guys played beautiful football in the first half and Germany had control for most of the game but France just managed to capatilize the few chances they had.. See how Football can be so cruel sometimes?
    son it might be cruel but it was right, we didn't lose because we got ed by the ref, we ultimately lost because we lacked tactical flexibility and couldn't adapt to being one down. A truly world class team adapts and we didn't. Cruel? sure, but that's the game. True contenders just figure it out, especially against a mentally soft team like france.

And I told y'all s we are overrated and that we are seeing a quite weak era of football (lol, everytime we win..) '98 france would've ran a train on this compe ion as would other teams like '06 italy, '02 brazil or even '98 netherlands. The game is too pussified and gypsyfied these days imo, too many fake tackles, too many "stars", too many pointless skills, 90% of these gots are just in it for the money and fame at the NT. I'm actually happy that portugal won because they really played for their nation. This generation is truly the BETA generation, football, basketball, life you name it sons. You got all these super teams just beating up on the compe ion in both football and basketball ... but in football you can get exposed easily at the NT, in basketball it's hard for americans because they are stacked like . I just laugh when I hear steph cucky/dubeta are such great players. today's nba can also be used as today's football, just look at the barca/real/bayern rosters ... just a baby era.
    Last edited by dfens; 07-25-2016 at 02:36 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    there is no question messi performs at GOAT level for barcelona, a team tailor-made for his skills. the question at hand is why does he perform so poorly for his national team. Dude lost 3 finals in 3 consecutive years, seriously if you are in the GOAT player discussion you have to man up and dominate at least one game. Penaldo didn't play but he brought undeniable leadership tbh and he dragged that trash team to a EC final playing as an underdog in each and every knockout game. That's something we can't say about messi (who is imo better than penaldo)

and Imo the real big games aren't classicos but finals: ec finals, wc finals, some champs league finals... imo a wc semifinal >>>>>> champs league final for footballing value and tension. At barcelona/madrid/bayern they play for what, a corporation?/some fans?/market value? .. at a world cup you play for your country, imo I wouldn't even use classicos to rate GOAT players, except those with totally NTs.
    He doesn't, he's the all-time leader in goals AND assists with Argentina, same as Barcelona. In the last final he was easily the best player on the pitch. He just lacks an Eder or a Burruchaga to help him a bit on the finals, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    He doesn't, he's the all-time leader in goals AND assists with Argentina, same as Barcelona. In the last final he was easily the best player on the pitch. He just lacks an Eder or a Burruchaga to help him a bit on the finals, tbh.
    son 3 finals, 2 against ing chile not germany/france/italy. eder and burruchaga, missi needs to man up and dominate at least one of these games. For real son you know it too deep down. Could you tell me with a straight face that maradona would've lost 3 consecutive finals without going all kobe?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

BTW: lol at "Penaldo didn't play but he brought undeniable leadership tbh and he dragged that trash team to a EC final playing as an underdog in each and every knockout game".

First of all at implying Croatia, Poland and Wales are some kind of powerhouses.

Second: at "undeniable leadership" and "dragged". They got way ass lucky by drawing every ing game except one to get there.

and third: where was Sidenaldo's "undeniable leadership" on the group stage, where his team would have gotten eliminated, on any semi-serious tournament, against the likes of Hungary, Austria and Iceland? I guess those undeniable leadership powers kicked in only from the second round onwards.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son 3 finals, 2 against ing chile not germany/france/italy. eder and burruchaga, missi needs to man up and dominate at least one of these games. For real son you know it too deep down. Could you tell me with a straight face that maradona would've lost 3 consecutive finals without going all kobe?
    Maradona never dominated a final in his ing life, yet here you are speaking like he did. One man can't win it all,. You're always talking about team play here, I shouldn't be telling this ing to you, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Maradona never dominated a final in his ing life, yet here you are speaking like he did. One man can't win it all,. You're always talking about team play here, I shouldn't be telling this ing to you, tbh.

yes ronaldo got lucky but not THAT lucky: croatia, poland were solid teams (qf teams tbh) and wales went on a run. An easy run but not THAT easy.
    on the penaldo vs missi discussion I am all in for missi. just a better, more complete and less selfish player. That being said losing 3 straight finals, including 2 as a favorite is just unacceptable for a player of this caliber. I know I speak alot about teams but when it comes to GOATs they man up. Look at zidanes finals, look at ronaldos finals. You talk about maradona not dominating finals but he dominated entire world cups (86 and 90), against stiff opposition too. Now look at messi, not one ing signature compe ion, with some stack teams too. I'm not hating on him, but in comparison he falls short.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Maradona didn't dominate in 1990, he could barely move.

See? This is the kind of I talk about when I speak of "myths". One championship and sudenly you are the king of all, able to bring down entire sociaties with pure determination and will power.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Maradona didn't dominate in 1990, he could barely move.

See? This is the kind of I talk about when I speak of "myths". One championship and sudenly you are the king of all, able to bring down entire sociaties with pure determination and will power.
    now you're just talking the son.
    1. maradona was injured and played AGAINST the doctors orders, both ankle and nail were giving him trouble.
    2. took a weak argentina team to a WC final. Enough said son. Also you should remember that argie side was injured as .
    3. he somehow cucked a much better brazil side, beat a great yugoslav team, cucked italy on their home ground, and barely lost to us.
    4. he was by far the most fouled player of the compe ion.

the 1990 tournament is actually quite resembling to ronaldos '16 euro : barely get out of a weak group, play anti-football and advance on penalties and just try to keep it together against constantly better opponents. Maradona showed a lot of heart in that tournament, that's why I said he dominated it, you don't always dominate on the pitch, you can dominate matches psychologically, embolden your team and basically just lead an underdog team. You should know this son tbh..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    now you're just talking the son.
    1. maradona was injured and played AGAINST the doctors orders, both ankle and nail were giving him trouble.
    2. took a weak argentina team to a WC final. Enough said son. Also you should remember that argie side was injured as .
    3. he somehow cucked a much better brazil side, beat a great yugoslav team, cucked italy on their home ground, and barely lost to us.
    4. he was by far the most fouled player of the compe ion.

the 1990 tournament is actually quite resembling to ronaldos '16 euro : barely get out of a weak group, play anti-football and advance on penalties and just try to keep it together against constantly better opponents. Maradona showed a lot of heart in that tournament, that's why I said he dominated it, you don't always dominate on the pitch, you can dominate matches psychologically, embolden your team and basically just lead an underdog team. You should know this son tbh..
    Yeah, having Maradona there must have been nice and all for his teamates. That still doesn't mean he "dominated", tbh.

Heck, Goycochea was a of a lot more important that Maradona on that tournament.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Man this thread has aged well

How many times Ronaldo has ted on Amused in just the last 2 years, tbh?

Really need to take him out of his head, maybe he will then come crashing down..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Is still the highlight though.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Is still the highlight though.
    4 goals at this tournament. tied on 1st position in a tough group. One of the best players in the compe ion.
    Compare with:
    0 goals at this tournament. on 4th position in a relatively easy group. A nobody at this compe ion. Sacked coach during wc, just so he can probably retire the next game

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    How many times Ronaldo has ted on Amused in just the last 2 years, tbh?

Really need to take him out of his head, maybe he will then come crashing down..
    Completely the bed yesterday and his highlight is still a game he wasn’t a part of . Extremely fortunate Portugal weren’t knocked out

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    4 goals at this tournament. tied on 1st position in a tough group. One of the best players in the compe ion.
    Compare with:
    0 goals at this tournament. on 4th position in a relatively easy group. A nobody at this compe ion. Sacked coach during wc, just so he can probably retire the next game
    Calling Argentina’s group easy is dumb, should they be qualifying to knockout? Yes, but again Portugal couldn’t beat Iceland and shut down Ronaldo, Croatia is a good team and would give Portugal trouble and Nigeria is better than Morocco

Your pandering to Portugal has been weak, even for you.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Amuseddaysleeper still holding that truth bomb.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So what's the highlight of midget's carreer?

Never winning a major NT trophy, choking multiple finals, fake quitting the NT team to avoid any backlash, getting a bunch of coaches fired and having a mediocre WC?

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    So what's the highlight of midget's carreer?

Never winning a major NT trophy, choking multiple finals, fake quitting the NT team to avoid any backlash, getting a bunch of coaches fired and having a mediocre WC?
    His highlights involve multiple CL’s, having people genuinely think of him as the GOAT (no one respectable has seriously considered Ronaldo the GOAT) and actually being great in the finals he does win as oppose to the passenger that is Ronaldo who Euronext gets outshined by Ramos, Marcelo, and Eder on the biggest stages.

I’ve never seen a player be a passenger in so many finals (2014, 2016 and 2018 CL and Euro final) and get rewarded so often thanks to having teammates who can carry him.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    His highlights involve multiple CL’s, having people genuinely think of him as the GOAT (no one respectable has seriously considered Ronaldo the GOAT) and actually being great in the finals he does win as oppose to the passenger that is Ronaldo who Euronext gets outshined by Ramos, Marcelo, and Eder on the biggest stages.

I’ve never seen a player be a passenger in so many finals (2014, 2016 and 2018 CL and Euro final) and get rewarded so often thanks to having teammates who can carry him.
    Midget didn't have a better club career than Ronaldo and has no NT rings. That's it and that's all.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Midget didn't have a better club carreer than Ronaldo and has no NT rings. That's it and that's all.
    And yet any person wth any sense would take Messi over Ronaldo in a heartbeat. It is an absolute luxury to have your teammates cart you time and time again.

, last time they faced off against each other in a CL final Messi had the last laugh.

Ronaldo was a glorified poacher who needed Ramos to bail him out.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And yet any person wth any sense would take Messi over Ronaldo in a heartbeat. It is an absolute luxury to have your teammates cart you time and time again.

, last time they faced off against each other in a CL final Messi had the last laugh.

Ronaldo was a glorified poacher who needed Ramos to bail him out.
    Midget was missing in action the 3 finals he played and lost for Argentina and the only reason he made the 2014 wc final was because of his teammates since he went scoreless in the KO stages

Midgetfan having to bring a final from a decade ago because midget has been a complete non-factor in the CL the past 7 years

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Midget was missing in action the 3 finals he played and lost for Argentina and the only reason he made the 2014 wc final was because of his teammates since he went scoreless in the KO stages

Midgetfan having to bring a final from a decade ago because midget has been a complete non-factor in the CL the past 7 years
    LOL Messi was significantly better in 2015 CL final than Ronaldo in 2014, 2016, 2018 CL Finals

FACTS

Thread Information