My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The tank is official!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just something they do for the soldiers and veterans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The tank is official!
    That would be hard to take with this organization. 22 years of FO appearance. Continued excellence for 22 years. The best organization in professional sports. That in itself is worth another trophy. It’s never going to be duplicated, especially with players lack of loyalty nowadays. And tank for what? There’s no guarantee that high pick gets to stay. It’s not like San Antonio is a hot destination for big FA names, especially if it starts tanking to mediocrity. I just feel it would never recover from a downward spiral, sending the franchise to a bigger market. Be careful what you wish for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be hard to take with this organization. 22 years of FO appearance. Continued excellence for 22 years. The best organization in professional sports. That in itself is worth another trophy. It’s never going to be duplicated, especially with players lack of loyalty nowadays. And tank for what? There’s no guarantee that high pick gets to stay. It’s not like San Antonio is a hot destination for big FA names, especially if it starts tanking to mediocrity. I just feel it would never recover from a downward spiral, sending the franchise to a bigger market. Be careful what you wish for.
    Sooo finish 7th to 10th place in the West for the next decade? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully some of the same people that got great draft picks previously are still here. Rather are still here and have input.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    spurs front office is so inept that they tank in one of the worst draft years this decade...........last year was an elite class

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs front office is so inept that they tank in one of the worst draft years this decade...........last year was an elite class
    agree, tbh past 3 drafts class was pretty nice but patfo decided to compete with this ty roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing idiots. Should've started the rebuild as soon as their only true star wanted out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to suck for the foreseeable future whether they choose to compete or not. The team they have built is a failure. They either can accept their failure and start planning for long-term contention, or they can languish in 30-35 win purgatory indefinitely. Contention in the next five years is not an option.

I don’t understand this fear that the Spurs are doomed to move if they have to rebuild. They’ve delivered an enormous return on investment to their ownership group. San Antonio is larger than several other NBA markets, and the Spurs have the market to themselves probably forever. San Antonio is a lot wealthier than it was 25 years ago when this was a legitimate worry, and it’s not as though the fans are faithless. The only caveat would be that now that Peter Holt is out of the picture, his kids might not be up to the task of running SS&E, and R.C. Buford may not be able to hold it all together by himself once Popovich retires. In that case, if the organization becomes incompetent, all bets are off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That coyote is an edgelord

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information