Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the video, but couldnt make out what he said about Westbrook. What did he say?
    Apparently he said "bricks". All I hear is "picks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ needs to respond. Summer doldrums…

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan and Westbrick burying the hatchet next year over Saturday morning Big Red and barbacoa will be a great feel good moment to help us through a soul crushing season. Ha. I mean, it would be sort of hilarious if Westbrook does end up on the team. And if he does end up on the team, I do wonder if pop does try to rehabilitate him, in the hopes that he can somehow increase his value for a trade… It’s very doubtful that would happen, but I’m still looking for some amusement and dark humor to get through next season… Hopefully, though, our three rookies play well and that’s the bright spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan and Westbrick burying the hatchet next year over Saturday morning Big Red and barbacoa will be a great feel good moment to help us through a soul crushing season. Ha. I mean, it would be sort of hilarious if Westbrook does end up on the team. And if he does end up on the team, I do wonder if pop does try to rehabilitate him, in the hopes that he can somehow increase his value for a trade… It’s very doubtful that would happen, but I’m still looking for some amusement and dark humor to get through next season… Hopefully, though, our three rookies play well and that’s the bright spot.
    His contract would be impossible to move at the deadline without taking linger term junk back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook
    Will
    Be
    Waived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook
    Will
    Be
    Waived
    Can't wait to see Westbrick in the silver and black.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw, Westbrook would never play for a tanking team like us in what is the last few good years he has (good relative to skill, not salary). And we'd have to give up picks to have someone take him because no one with cap space would want him on the team and no one that is contending would want to give up the pieces needed to match salaries.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of stuff can happen with Westbrook, but the most likely may be he is just stuck in Los Angeles. No matter where he goes it will be dysfunctional. I don’t see him having a lot of leverage to dictate where he’s going. Now, he may refuse to play somewhere, but I think that’s a different question. Figuring out his buyout and what team wants him next could be the hold up, I don’t know, don’t care too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook would be a sound player on a team with great three point shooters of which the Lakers do not have. He actually could work in Miami better than Lowry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of stuff can happen with Westbrook, but the most likely may be he is just stuck in Los Angeles. No matter where he goes it will be dysfunctional. I don’t see him having a lot of leverage to dictate where he’s going. Now, he may refuse to play somewhere, but I think that’s a different question. Figuring out his buyout and what team wants him next could be the hold up, I don’t know, don’t care too much.
    LA can’t roll it back with Russ again. Their roster is mostly older players, so guys are going to miss time, some significant time. They have to make the Russ out, Kyrie in trade. Missing the playoffs again, and having N.O. Swap out their lottery pick would be a Goddam disaster.

The Spurs will take the unprotected pick, and waive him, eating the entire $47M. He’s then free to go wherever he wishes, and I’ve gotta tell you, Russ at the MLE or taxpayer MLE is a lot more attractive that Russ at $47M. The salary he signs for, whether $6M or $11M is an offset to our $47M, so we end up out $41M or $36M, AND we had to send out either McD or JRich to make the deal work in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be funny as if Pop makes Westbrick the starting PG. Skip Bayless would go nuts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA can’t roll it back with Russ again. Their roster is mostly older players, so guys are going to miss time, some significant time. They have to make the Russ out, Kyrie in trade. Missing the playoffs again, and having N.O. Swap out their lottery pick would be a Goddam disaster.

The Spurs will take the unprotected pick, and waive him, eating the entire $47M. He’s then free to go wherever he wishes, and I’ve gotta tell you, Russ at the MLE or taxpayer MLE is a lot more attractive that Russ at $47M. The salary he signs for, whether $6M or $11M is an offset to our $47M, so we end up out $41M or $36M, AND we had to send out either McD or JRich to make the deal work in the first place.
    So Russ needs to agree first on the waiver agreement prior to the trade? And ideally he has a team lined-up to sign him $11M. And we send out McD, for instance, which is $13.75M next year. So it's ideally $22.25M out to get FRP unprotected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Russ needs to agree first on the waiver agreement prior to the trade? And ideally he has a team lined-up to sign him $11M. And we send out McD, for instance, which is $13.75M next year. So it's ideally $22.25M out to get FRP unprotected?
    Russ is unlikely to garner the MLE and exstatic is wrong regarding the offset his new contract will offer us as he will most likely clear waivers and become an unrestricted free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ is unlikely to garner the MLE and exstatic is wrong regarding the offset his new contract will offer us as he will most likely clear waivers and become an unrestricted free agent.
    Anything he signs for comes right off the top of that $47M. It’s designed so players can’t double dip. You can agree or disagree that he’s worth the MLE or taxpayer MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless he wants to cut us an additional break, he doesn’t have to agree to anything. We just waive him, which he’s probably expecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything he signs for comes right off the top of that $47M. It’s designed so players can’t double dip. You can agree or disagree that he’s worth the MLE or taxpayer MLE.
    No it doesn’t unless he is claimed off waivers within 48 hours which is a bidding process. They absolutely can double dip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn’t unless he is claimed off waivers within 48 hours which is a bidding process. They absolutely can double dip.
    I thought they could only double dip if they are bought out. Thus why you can get a discount on a buy-out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they could only double dip if they are bought out. Thus why you can get a discount on a buy-out.
    Yes, and he will be bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be funny as if Pop makes Westbrick the starting PG. Skip Bayless would go nuts
    Would be better than Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey in my basketball GM Spurs rebuild Primo, Branham and Wembanyama were the Spurs big 3 with Primo making multiple All-Star selections and winning 2 les. I even had to retire his jersey, so who knows

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep him, make him pay to leave.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey in my basketball GM Spurs rebuild Primo, Branham and Wembanyama were the Spurs big 3 with Primo making multiple All-Star selections and winning 2 les. I even had to retire his jersey, so who knows
    naw! Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you ready to put your name on Blake being better than Primo? You keep Primo in your mouth….do you like him or love him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and the Rockets 4-peated before we won the chip. I also payed mad luxury tax and found this spanish guy Roberto Prado who was another championship piece. Remember that name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep him, make him pay to leave.
    That’s a bad rep to take on for a franchise that already struggles with FAs. Russ could just become a problem child, report, and get fully paid anyway, and be a giant pain in the ass. Just waive him, and move on. We need most of his salary to make minimum payroll anyway.

Thread Information