Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Signed Semien & Seager, and going after Kershaw

We’ll see if this translates to wins, but at least they’re trying to compete with the big boys.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    too bad the Mavs don't want to spend any money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad they're willing to go for it. Just sucks Daniels is still their GM so these moves remind me more of what Preller did with the Padres his first season (resulted in a 65 win season). Also for the love of God please don't give a big contract to ing Kershaw.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Should we make official offseason thread? It's heating up

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Instead of being patient and building through the draft, they are gonna handcuff themselves for a decade. You cannot buy your way out of 100 losses.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Instead of being patient and building through the draft, they are gonna handcuff themselves for a decade. You cannot buy your way out of 100 losses.
    salty that houston cheated their tails off and only got 1 ring to show for it and are now headed on a slow path to mediocrity because no one wants to stay in that craphole

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    salty that houston cheated their tails off and only got 1 ring to show for it and are now headed on a slow path to mediocrity because no one wants to stay in that craphole
    Not in the least. The Angels have Ohtani and Trout and still can’t make the playoffs because they don’t actually address their most important needs and don’t develop players. If you are not developing your prospects and trading them all away, it’s not going to matter. And no you can’t buy your way out of an 100 loss season. It would make more sense if you finished 81-81. Rangers still don’t have a rotation, bullpen etc.

Also, even if Correa leaves, Astros farm system is still loaded like I have been saying.
    Last edited by Michael Jordan.; 12-01-2021 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a field day $$$ for top and mid top players.

Of course that drives scrubs salaries up too.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    have not really followed baseball in several years. is this anything worth getting excited about as a Rangers fan? tbh these moves usually don't pan out in baseball. I understand the need for a spark considering we're basically the Detroit Lions of baseball, but obviously this isn't enough and hopefully it doesn't constrain them to the point where they get stuck in 70-80 win territory for the next decade

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their farm system is thin at middle infield, so this doesn’t stop their rebuild progress. All their best prospects are still unimpeded. And I can’t think of a better mentor for Jack Leiter than Kershaw (if it happens). And young guys coming in without the pressure of being the face of the franchise is a good thing.

And yeah, of all people, Astros fans criticizing anybody else for trying to take shortcuts is absolutely rich Not everyone cheats their way to a ring.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have not really followed baseball in several years. is this anything worth getting excited about as a Rangers fan? tbh these moves usually don't pan out in baseball. I understand the need for a spark considering we're basically the Detroit Lions of baseball, but obviously this isn't enough and hopefully it doesn't constrain them to the point where they get stuck in 70-80 win territory for the next decade
    It's been nothing but sorrow and grimness ever since the Original 6 , tbh.

So ing close.

Neftali. ing. Feliz.

Easily the worst choke job in pro sports in the 2010s.

Giving up a 5 point lead with 28.3 seconds to the likes of LeBron James and Ray Allen (hall of famers) is a very distant 2nd.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It's been nothing but sorrow and grimness ever since the Original 6 , tbh.

So ing close.

Neftali. ing. Feliz.

Easily the worst choke job in pro sports in the 2010s.

Giving up a 5 point lead with 28.3 seconds to the likes of LeBron James and Ray Allen (hall of famers) is a very distant 2nd.
    he messed up for sure, but pujols, berkman and freese were elite hitters. it happens

the real choke job was going to darren oliver in the 10th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he messed up for sure, but pujols, berkman and freese were elite hitters. it happens

the real choke job was going to darren oliver in the 10th
    Yeah, people forget that Hamilton hit one out of the park in the 10th and we screwed up the second chance we didn't even deserve. FML.

Berkman was good, I wouldn't say he was ever truly elite. He was raised in the San Antonio area and I met him in person when I was like 4 or 5 years old. Good dude. Won't be in the HOF. Pujols will of course. Freese was a one year wonder. And giving up huge plays to scrubs like Furcal, Molina and John Jay were even worse. What did Freese ever do outside of that series? He wasn't elite. They were not only one out, but one strike away multiple times and Feliz choked it away. It was horrific.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yeah, people forget that Hamilton hit one out of the park in the 10th and we screwed up the second chance we didn't even deserve. FML.

Berkman was good, I wouldn't say he was ever truly elite. He was raised in the San Antonio area and I met him in person when I was like 4 or 5 years old. Good dude. Won't be in the HOF. Pujols will of course. Freese was a one year wonder. And giving up huge plays to scrubs like Furcal, Molina and John Jay were even worse. What did Freese ever do outside of that series? He wasn't elite. They were not only one out, but one strike away multiple times and Feliz choked it away. It was horrific.
    I'm not going to split hairs on berkman but he was still a very good hitter

and you obviously don't remember the run freese was on the whole postseason, he was hitting at as elite of a level as it gets

the Oliver decision was as bad as it gets, he had no business being out there especially with his known history of choking in the postseason

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Speaking of that series, while I was a huge Ron Washington fan that decision to pinch hit Esteban German in Game 1 7th inning down 3-2 w/ 2 outs was one of the worst managing decisions I've ever seen. Often overlooked, but they did lose that one by one run when they had a runner in scoring position. Yorvit Torrealba was hitting around .270 with 400 at bats in the regular season, but Wash decides to go to the end of the bench and get a guy who's barely played all season instead? I'll still never understand the thinking on that one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of that series, while I was a huge Ron Washington fan that decision to pinch hit Esteban German in Game 1 7th inning down 3-2 w/ 2 outs was one of the worst managing decisions I've ever seen. Often overlooked, but they did lose that one by one run when they had a runner in scoring position. Yorvit Torrealba was hitting around .270 with 400 at bats in the regular season, but Wash decides to go to the end of the bench and get a guy who's barely played all season instead? I'll still never understand the thinking on that one
    Yeah, that one was atrocious as well, but not sure if we win game 2 if we win game 1. We had RISP and could have tied it, but who knows? You can't lose a multi run lead in the bottom of the 9th... no excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to split hairs on berkman but he was still a very good hitter

and you obviously don't remember the run freese was on the whole postseason, he was hitting at as elite of a level as it gets

the Oliver decision was as bad as it gets, he had no business being out there especially with his known history of choking in the postseason
    Freese was an average player that was on a great run, but Feliz and Oliver throwing hangers near the heart of the plate made it pretty darn easy tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lol again. Spending that kind of money with no farm system or pieces in place never works.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lol again. Spending that kind of money with no farm system or pieces in place never works.
    you say this as if you were saying something everyone here didn't already know

might as well say "you can't win without good players"

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    you say this as if you were saying something everyone here didn't already know

might as well say "you can't win without good players"
    you were deflecting from that simple fact hard AF earlier because you didn’t want to hear it

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    you were deflecting from that simple fact hard AF earlier because you didn’t want to hear it
    never once denied it

just called you out for your weird obsession with all things dfw based due to your houstonian inferiority complex, as you also conveniently forgot your team didn't build to a championship but cheated their way to one

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    never once denied it

just called you out for your weird obsession with all things dfw based due to your houstonian inferiority complex, as you also conveniently forgot your team didn't build to a championship but cheated their way to one
    Everyone is laughing at the Rangers handing out 500 million to still finish 30 games back. And handing out 10 year contracts. That is hilarious. Rangers are no different from the Angels and I laugh at them too.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Everyone is laughing at the Rangers handing out 500 million to still finish 30 games back. And handing out 10 year contracts. That is hilarious. Rangers are no different from the Angels and I laugh at them too.
    almost as funny as the Astros cheating their tails off only to barely win one ring and then repeatedly get the crap kicked out of them by subpar playoff opponents

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    almost as funny as the Astros cheating their tails off only to barely win one ring and then repeatedly get the crap kicked out of them by subpar playoff opponents
    Astros sell books make a ton of money from it too.

A lot of idiots buy Astros apparel just to modify the hats, clothes etc to call em cheaters, yet put money in their pockets. This is great.

All the while having a pipeline to Cuban and Dominican prospects, and continuing to have a strong farm system, while losing Correa and Springer, and developing a starting rotation of good young, controllable pitching.

Paying 500 million to not even compete is beyond nuts.
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 09-05-2022 at 11:44 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And yeah, of all people, Astros fans criticizing anybody else for trying to take shortcuts is absolutely rich Not everyone cheats their way to a ring.

Thread Information