Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Biblical story of Exodus categorically acknowledges and affirms the existence of other gods.

How about to the people who still believe?

God will send us to for asking questions? What kind of person/GOD would do such a thing?

Forcing religion on children is almost borderline child abuse
    No, you can ask all you want but in the end you need to make a decision. Everyone will tell you there's a "leap of faith" involved in this which is true. It's up to you. Even if you remain stubborn don't spread that to others ESPECIALLY children.

No one is saying anything about forcing religion. You are right that is ridiculous. Like forcing children into trans and all that. BTW, you don't force, you just keep God around them and in their life because even if they grow up to be like me they will still, deep down know what's what.

Not sure of your comments to be tho. Are you a Christian and taking issue by the way I'm going about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Biblical story of Exodus categorically acknowledges and affirms the existence of other gods.

How about to the people who still believe?

God will send us to for asking questions? What kind of person/GOD would do such a thing?

Forcing religion on children is almost borderline child abuse

I think that's referencing idolatry.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even that. Follow Christs teachings and life will be good for you bro. Even if you aren't a hardcore Christian in the end, as long as you are trying will be a satisfying life. Don't hate bro just listen or better yet, research for yourself.
    How is a man born from a virgin? C'mon son, Mary was seeing Jerome on the side and Joseph was so whipped he bought the messiah story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure I've made a similar comment towards you previously. Maybe it's not me, its you.

BTW, i'm no "bible thumper" but I do know that without God we are nothing. What exactly do you believe in? Me I say there's absolutely no way we are here on Earth by coincidence. Do some research, read "The Signature of God" if you are into scientific proofs. I think the atheist way is not necessarily a lazy way to live life but just a sad way. That's it you live then die? The universe is over 12 billion years old, energy equals matter and you think this is it in life? There must be a Creator. Just look at the Fermi Paradox... we should have seen other life by now yet we have not. We are not here by accident.

Not even that. Follow Christs teachings and life will be good for you bro. Even if you aren't a hardcore Christian in the end, as long as you are trying will be a satisfying life. Don't hate bro just listen or better yet, research for yourself.
    I was raised in a catholic house, I went to Catechism as a kid, so it’s not like this is coming from ignorance, tbh. I don’t hate religious people at all either. If fearing an invisible guy in the sky works for your psyche, more power to you. I don’t deny that, in some cases, there’s a psychological utility value to religion. And I would even go further and agree that such psychological control was at times necessary when this world was full of savages.

Now, personally, I do think in this day and age organized religion is, on the overall, absolute garbage and when it reaches the peak of fanaticism, extremely dangerous. It’s really strange to me that anybody over the age of 10 would take it seriously, tbh

I’m fortunate enough to live a very fulfilling life, getting paid to do what I love. Don’t need any fantasy for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me Only thing I'd say or "push" on anyone that would listen is that you should introduce your kids to God (if you have any). I mean what do you have to lose to let them know God?
    Should I introduce them to Allah too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me add that whole diatribe about atheism being sad and what not… what’s sad about it? Yeah, we live and then we die, what’s the big deal? Hopefully you weren’t a complete up and leave some sort of legacy that serves humanity in the future. After all that’s exactly how science has advanced to this stage (over the shoulders of prior scientists) and we have so many more exiting things to discover, investigate and master. Quantum mechanics, fusion energy, artificial intelligence, etc… innovation and creativity are never sad or boring, imho.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Michael Ballack was both!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I introduce them to Allah too?
    Most definitely not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me add that whole diatribe about atheism being sad and what not… what’s sad about it? Yeah, we live and then we die, what’s the big deal? Hopefully you weren’t a complete up and leave some sort of legacy that serves humanity in the future. After all that’s exactly how science has advanced to this stage (over the shoulders of prior scientists) and we have so many more exiting things to discover, investigate and master. Quantum mechanics, fusion energy, artificial intelligence, etc… innovation and creativity are never sad or boring, imho.
    I think the sciences are super fascinating but you can still do both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most definitely not.
    Why not? What do you have to lose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the sciences are super fascinating but you can still do both.
    Thanks for playing here. Been a while since a Christian showed up around these parts.

Unfortunately, I predict once the questions get tough to answer logically, you'll "let go, let God" and bolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a nonbeliever in every single religion in the history of the world... except one

he's just baffled that you are a nonbeliever in exactly one more religion than he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you asked me and I said no. If you practice Christianity you understand that there is only one God. There isn't another equal. (Fairly certain they would say the same.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for playing here. Been a while since a Christian showed up around these parts.

Unfortunately, I predict once the questions get tough to answer logically, you'll "let go, let God" and bolt.
    Ok, I'll play. How can you prove He doesn't exist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you prove that an intergalactic scourge of space pirates that look just like seahorses, only much larger, is not currently conquering the andromeda galaxy?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are we going to have to pull the Flying Spaghetti Monster out of the dustbin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you asked me and I said no. If you practice Christianity you understand that there is only one God. There isn't another equal. (Fairly certain they would say the same.)
    Which Christianity, as several Christian sects consider other Christian sects as being false religions?

Heck, they all have different versions of the bible so which version of Christianity are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer the question. What do you have to lose?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's a mistake to try to prove God exists to someone else. You only need to prove it to yourself. It's not a community event.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a mistake to try to prove God exists to someone else. You only need to prove it to yourself. It's not a community event.
    thats convenient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I wish people would keep it to themselves. Too bad politicians cater to the nuts

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    An unintended benefit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh. Never understood why religious people get so bothered that others don’t believe. If you want to believe by all means go ahead, no need to waste your energy trying to convince others though tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Jesus wasn't a mass murderer himself, nor his immediate followers, but once Christianity became a state religion, righteous slaughter wasn't far behind.
    That is what happens when the religion of the poor and unenfranchised gets coopted by the state. Nietzsche was right to point out the slave morality in the theology but he ignored the parts that glorified great men and states.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That is what happens when the religion of the poor and unenfranchised gets coopted by the state. Nietzsche was right to point out the slave morality in the theology but he ignored the parts that glorified great men and states.
    I guess since the book was written by men and men have either aspirations or deep seated beliefs in corporate power structure through entrenchment and indoctrination since birth, the book is bound (pun) to have smatterings of "righteous" kowtowing to human leadership. You can also find messages that say just the opposite. It depends on what you go looking for when you go looking, and I have learned that most people go looking to affirm, not to learn.

Thread Information