Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a badly constructed team at this point with a a bad allotment of minutes doled out. The young three almost always have to focus on being defensive stoppers because they're paired with statistically bad defenders in Forbes, Beli, Mills, and DeRozan. All three defer to DeRozan because he's the "star" max player, even though his advanced stats clearly show he's not a great difference maker. It's just not a great situation, and as a long time fan it's frustrating to watch. It took Aldridge three years to figure out that shooting some threes makes sense... and now he leads the team in 3pt%, but still doesn't shoot enough of them. DeMar getting the most minutes and having the highest usage rate on the team is a recipe for mediocrity. These just aren't the Spurs I've followed for twenty years... isolation offense, passing up threes, three poor defenders on the floor at the same time... it's like the Spurs threw away their playbook and decided to base their entire attack on contrarianism.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR and LMA ball dominance is hindering the growth of the young guys, as well as Pop/Forbes/Gay
    we won't know how good they can be until they get out from under that burden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you can contact him and ask him what's up with the spurs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a badly constructed team at this point with a a bad allotment of minutes doled out. The young three almost always have to focus on being defensive stoppers because they're paired with statistically bad defenders in Forbes, Beli, Mills, and DeRozan. All three defer to DeRozan because he's the "star" max player, even though his advanced stats clearly show he's not a great difference maker. It's just not a great situation, and as a long time fan it's frustrating to watch. It took Aldridge three years to figure out that shooting some threes makes sense... and now he leads the team in 3pt%, but still doesn't shoot enough of them. DeMar getting the most minutes and having the highest usage rate on the team is a recipe for mediocrity. These just aren't the Spurs I've followed for twenty years... isolation offense, passing up threes, three poor defenders on the floor at the same time... it's like the Spurs threw away their playbook and decided to base their entire attack on contrarianism.
    Yep, because they are coached by the Great Contrarian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR and LMA ball dominance is hindering the growth of the young guys, as well as Pop/Forbes/Gay
    we won't know how good they can be until they get out from under that burden

AND that burden will not be relieved until the Old Asshole goes bye-bye.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can’t flourish until lma/ddr are gone. Pop runs the offense through them. Everyone else has to fall in line.
    Yup. Particularly DeRozan. He's holding back the development of the young guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Everything will always suck until he leaves. Even if the spurs had a top 3 pick in the draft pop would ruin the kid. The most important thing right now is to get rid of pop. Nothing else matters

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White is legit. He proved it last season.
    A legit mediocre player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait i though you guys wanted these guys to play more mins? where are the people that wanted lonnie to get mins, or Dj to play more, or White.....Maybe pop and Co were right.
    What do most of you guy know? other than complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a contingent of us who have NEVER seen or agreed with the potential s om of DJM. In fact, we've seen the opposite. Unfortunately, we're being proven correct. All hype, all mouth, all Instagram. It's actually sad to see this dude flailing and failing. I'm certain he believes in his destined #greatness but he doesn't have it. He may carve out a career as a defensive role player but that's his ceiling. Good rebounder and decent defender at this point but severely lacking in basic basketball & point guard skills. Not much smarts for the game. Oh, but he's on the books for 64 Million. Makes Patty look like a bargain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs roster & struggles are a nightly reminder of the total destruction left in the wake of Kawhi Leonard's abandonment. He completely devastated the franchise with his refusal to play here. I want to give the front office some sort of credit for not being this incompetent. The shambled roster (minus Carroll, DeMar & Poetel) was mostly constructed to complement Leonard.
    What they were left with is useless garbage. No one competes, no one hates to lose & everyone is happily collecting checks on their way to their next team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs roster & struggles are a nightly reminder of the total destruction left in the wake of Kawhi Leonard's abandonment. He completely devastated the franchise with his refusal to play here. I want to give the front office some sort of credit for not being this incompetent. The shambled roster (minus Carroll, DeMar & Poetel) was mostly constructed to complement Leonard.
    What they were left with is useless garbage. No one competes, no one hates to lose & everyone is happily collecting checks on their way to their next team
    What?! You are arguing that the players that PATFO chose to complement Leonard don't compete, don't hate to lose and are happy to collect checks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What they were left with is useless garbage. No one competes, no one hates to lose & everyone is happily collecting checks on their way to their next team.
    no, it's all about Pop

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, this roster still sucks with Kawhi instead of Demar.

Seeing the character of the guys who would be his supporting cast, how could anyone blame Kawhi for getting out?

No one on this team wants to be great, which is why White, Murray, and to some extent, Walker, don't play with more purpose and aggression. They don't want to be as great as they can be. It's all mental.

Kawhi would be wasted here. Imagine Kawhi Leonard throwing to a wide-open Murray at the three, just for Dejounte to dribble into defenders, giving up the open look. And that's an everyday thing from both White and Murray. Just timid and scary at all times, constantly refusing open shots.

No one wants to play with that kind of bull when they have options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seeing the character of the guys who would be his supporting cast, how could anyone blame Kawhi for getting out?

No one on this team wants to be great, which is why White, Murray, and to some extent, Walker, don't play with more purpose and aggression. They don't want to be as great as they can be. It's all mental.

Kawhi would be wasted here. Imagine Kawhi Leonard throwing to a wide-open Murray at the three, just for Dejounte to dribble into defenders, giving up the open look. And that's an everyday thing from both White and Murray. Just timid and scary at all times, constantly refusing open shots.

I disagree with this. The last time KL was healthy and playing with the spurs, they were in the WCF up 20+ on the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs roster & struggles are a nightly reminder of the total destruction left in the wake of Kawhi Leonard's abandonment. ...

Gosh, you're crazy. You are a freak show nut case.

Like your avatar, btw. But you're out of your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you the old asshole going bye-bye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The franchise took a big hit no doubt but it’s no different than had Tim retred and Kawhi wasn’t here. Some years of suckage were due and we understand that.

They could have embraced that and traded Kawhi for assets to help a rebuild and done the same with Danny and LMA... Danny did not have to be a throw in. I think they thought that putting another all star next to LaMarcus would be enough but anyways here we are. There have been franchise cornerstones in the drafts immediately subsequent to Kashis departure. I am sure fans would have complained but it’s possible by now they would be in a better spot with smart moves a rebuild (and obviously some luck with draft position). Anyways that’s the past.

Thry at least have all their picks going forward they just need to commit to rebuilding the team... and by that I mean make over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?! You are arguing that the players that PATFO chose to complement Leonard don't compete, don't hate to lose and are happy to collect checks...
    When Kawhi was here his fandom was already arguing he would leave b4 he did and complained that PATFO moves while the team had a HOF player in his prime (no doubt Kawhi is carving a HOF career) were to re-sign Pau in a horribly overpriced deal at 38 yrs old and Patty. Anyways again that’s the past.

What matters is what they are going to do going forward. I am afraid they’ll Max out Derozan and roll it back with perhaps a minor change. Unless Derozan wants out. Then we shall see if LMA also wants to be traded and what happens.

As for the youngins, maybe I have overrated them. If wouldn’t e the first time and probably will not be the last. I always hope the youngins reach their best selves but it’s rare the player who maximizes everything they can be. I still have hope for all of them but if they end up not good enough, they have to go back to the draft with a better position and some player in mind too, not just whoever fell to you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Pop has a hard on for Forbes, and eventually pays him this offseason, then we would never find out if White, Murray and even IV can co-exist because Forbes will always be the starting SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and white need to start,that is all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Kawhi was here his fandom was already arguing he would leave b4 he did and complained that PATFO moves while the team had a HOF player in his prime (no doubt Kawhi is carving a HOF career) were to re-sign Pau in a horribly overpriced deal at 38 yrs old and Patty. Anyways again that’s the past.

What matters is what they are going to do going forward. I am afraid they’ll Max out Derozan and roll it back with perhaps a minor change. Unless Derozan wants out. Then we shall see if LMA also wants to be traded and what happens.

As for the youngins, maybe I have overrated them. If wouldn’t e the first time and probably will not be the last. I always hope the youngins reach their best selves but it’s rare the player who maximizes everything they can be. I still have hope for all of them but if they end up not good enough, they have to go back to the draft with a better position and some player in mind too, not just whoever fell to you.
    Yeah, you and I were the big Kyle fans back when... And I liked Simmons, too. I called them Spurs TNG. I missed those calls a wee bit

At this point, as long as Pop is still a part of the Spurs' organization, there simply isn't a compelling reason to speculate. These last two seasons (especially this one) have just ground me down. The team has already hung on to both Dumbmar and LMA past their sell-by dates, so it will never get any value for them; and Bryn will be a fixture as long as the Old Asshole holds sway.

I don't think the young guys are over-rated by you or others (myself, included). I think Pop is just throttling them, neutering them and misusing them. That, too, will prevail as long as the "stars" are around. I can only generate energy to think about the team's future when I am excited about the team. I simply can't get excited about this dud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This roster is an easy WCF with kawhi instead of demar put down the crack pipe

demar is such an unfathomable downgrade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you and I were the big Kyle fans back when... And I liked Simmons, too. I called them Spurs TNG. I missed those calls a wee bit

At this point, as long as Pop is still a part of the Spurs' organization, there simply isn't a compelling reason to speculate. These last two seasons (especially this one) have just ground me down. The team has already hung on to both Dumbmar and LMA past their sell-by dates, so it will never get any value for them; and Bryn will be a fixture as long as the Old Asshole holds sway.

I don't think the young guys are over-rated by you or others (myself, included). I think Pop is just throttling them, neutering them and misusing them. That, too, will prevail as long as the "stars" are around. I can only generate energy to think about the team's future when I am excited about the team. I simply can't get excited about this dud.
    I view the current spurs situation is the equivalent of someone who is an alcoholic but hasn't hit rock bottom yet along with refusing to seek AA recovery. Spurs will hit rock bottom I think when they miss the playoffs this year but they can't have a recovery until Pop leaves along with Demar,LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I view the current spurs situation is the equivalent of someone who is an alcoholic but hasn't hit rock bottom yet along with refusing to seek AA recovery. Spurs will hit rock bottom I think when they miss the playoffs this year but they can't have a recovery until Pop leaves along with Demar,LMA.
    If Pop doesn't leave this post-season, then by definition, we have not hit rock bottom yet.

Thread Information