Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Has anyone considered that Stark did set up something to support the Avengers but Sam's pride might be getting in the way of taking that helping hand?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Has anyone considered that Stark did set up something to support the Avengers but Sam's pride might be getting in the way of taking that helping hand?
    Interesting

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Sam was sure quick to point out to the banker who he was tho. Dunno

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I would imagine he was already getting paid by Stark in between avengers 2 and civil war, Why stop? Like i said it's just bad continuity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Sam was sure quick to point out to the banker who he was tho. Dunno
    True. But there's still a difference between that and taking a hand out from Stark/Potts. His Falcon iden y is not really beholden to Stark/Avengers. He was that long before he first joined up with Cap & BW.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Imagine being over 30 and still being interested in kid's comics. For shame. I guess all of you are Avante after all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The banker said something like "I always wondered if you guys got paid, like did Stark pay you?"
    Sam "It doesn't really work like that"

I don't think they got paid, in the traditional sense of the word. Maybe they can use their likeness for endorsement deals and get that side hustle money. Cap probably got paid directly through Shield because he worked for them. He also mentioned that he couldn't afford a place in "Brooklyn", suggesting that he got paid, but not a lot--relatively speaking.

Rhodey is a cornel so the government is paying him while others don't actually have a day-job.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would imagine he was already getting paid by Stark in between avengers 2 and civil war, Why stop? Like i said it's just bad continuity.
    Don't think it is. For all we know, he got free room and board living at Avengers Tower and maybe access to an corporate credit card. That's not really a job with a salary and full beni's once Cap and company noped out of the Sacovia Accords, that arrangement went to , then he got snapped for 5 years. now, he's trying to put his life back together following the blip and post Thanos battle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is weird for me. Who is Nick Fury and his people working for now? Is Sword kinda going to replace Shield? I assumed Fury will be the leader of Shield, but yea, it looks like its gone.
    Its unclear if Fury helped Maria Rambeau get Sword off the ground and had duel roles as director of Shield and a Senior role in sword. Makes sense that with Maria gone during the five year snap period, and Shield gone, that Fury would take over the big picture stuff for Sword.

Sword is supposed to be the intergalactic Shield, so technically he sort of is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The banker said something like "I always wondered if you guys got paid, like did Stark pay you?"
    Sam "It doesn't really work like that"

I don't think they got paid, in the traditional sense of the word. Maybe they can use their likeness for endorsement deals and get that side hustle money. Cap probably got paid directly through Shield because he worked for them. He also mentioned that he couldn't afford a place in "Brooklyn", suggesting that he got paid, but not a lot--relatively speaking.

Rhodey is a cornel so the government is paying him while others don't actually have a day-job.
    Yeah, that's how I see it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Imagine being over 30 and still being interested in kid's comics. For shame. I guess all of you are Avante after all.
    Thank you for you insight grandpa

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched Snyder League. 4 ing hours of hungover stasis on the couch. Actually was not that bad, and for a lazy sunday, very watchable. Pretty darn good by DC standards. No way I'd sit in a theater for that tho. Perfect for today's era.

DC Shoehorns so much in tho. It's kinda sad. Battfleck kinda grew on me too.
    The Flash was funny, but did they have to totally rip off Evan Peters ADD schtick? Come on, DC, that was so transparent
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 03-22-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Batfleck is awesome tbh

But whatshername playing WW is a terrible actress and an even worse person

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I watched Snyder League. 4 ing hours of hungover stasis on the couch. Actually was not that bad, and for a lazy sunday, very watchable. Pretty darn good by DC standards. No way I'd sit in a theater for that tho. Perfect for today's era.

DC Shoehorns so much in tho. It's kinda sad. Battfleck kinda grew on me too.
    The Flash was funny, but did they have to totally rip off Evan Peters ADD schtick? Come on, DC, that was so transparent
    yea its better than the original, but there's a lot of slow scenes and slow motion in this. It needs another cut, as there's at least 30 min of nothing there. I think its an above average movie now, so i gave it a 6.
    Affleck was never a problem for me. Its just that i'd like to see him in his own movie before bvs.
    Flash was the worst part for me. He's just not funny to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yea its better than the original, but there's a lot of slow scenes and slow motion in this. It needs another cut, as there's at least 30 min of nothing there. I think its an above average movie now, so i gave it a 6.
    Affleck was never a problem for me. Its just that i'd like to see him in his own movie before bvs.
    Flash was the worst part for me. He's just not funny to me.
    Yeah I can def see how Flash would have annoyed the outta people. I only seen this 4 hr version so his blatant Evan Peters ripoff was counterintuitively a breath of fresh air for me lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First episode was okay. I always have liked Bucky and am glad they're exploring his mental health after everything he's been through and done.

Sam though is boring. They have some work to do to flesh out his character (having him apply for a loan with his sister isn't going to cut it). Thus far he's been nothing but a sidekick to Captain America and as a superhero offers nothing that Ironman or War Machine couldn't do better.

They're telegraphing his eventual taking up the Cap America mantel pretty hard too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah I didn't care for Sam when he first appeared in the MCU, felt like he was the standard beta wingman/token black guy

But I like him so far in this series and he has good chemistry with Stan, I think McKie will shine in this now that he doesn't have to play a sidekick anymore

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I didn't care for Sam when he first appeared in the MCU, felt like he was the standard beta wingman/token black guy

But I like him so far in this series and he has good chemistry with Stan, I think McKie will shine in this now that he doesn't have to play a sidekick anymore
    Yeah, I know he has the chops for a larger role. But his sole purpose in the MCU has been to give Chris Evans something to play off of. If you delete him from any movie he's been in, you'd miss very little. As I said, they have some work to do to make him a real character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah, I know he has the chops for a larger role. But his sole purpose in the MCU has been to give Chris Evans something to play off of. If you delete him from any movie he's been in, you'd miss very little. As I said, they have some work to do to make him a real character.
    Agreed

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    If they follow the comic arcs that won't be an issue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    FAWS is only 6 episodes???? danngg....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    FAWS is only 6 episodes???? danngg....
    yup that sucks ass tbh

Tho episode 1 was almost 1 hour long

Haven’t checked the runtime for the remaining 5, hoping it’s as long as epi 1

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    https://ibb.co/2KGLp2C

Mordo's look is closer to his comic version with the beard and long hair

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Started watching the Snyder cut Justice League.

Looks like it is a LONG one, but it is holy balls good so far.

Thread Information