Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the future pick isnt protected im good. Spurs didnt improve as a team this off season but they didnt necessarily get worse either .Up to our young core to sink or swim. Nvm the pick is protected...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Lakers 2022 pick could be very high too, they’re one injury away from utter catastrophe.

These expirings open extension opps. For Keldon (likely), Lonnie (50/50) and maybe Samanic in the off-season.
    Young guys are finally (most likely) getting a chance…
    Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Lakers 2022 pick could be very high too, they’re one injury away from utter catastrophe.

These expirings open extension opps. For Keldon (likely), Lonnie (50/50) and maybe Samanic in the off-season.
    Young guys are finally (most likely) getting a chance…
    Awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arent we just going to buy out thad,and aminu?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti would have turned $50 mil in cap room into MULTIPLE 1sts. The fact that our dumbass FO wasted half that cap on two ty whites boys is what stings. The crappy Collins won't ever be healthy and McNugget is a 30 year old shooter that can't play defense. They aren't worth the combined $21 mil. Especially if it means signing them took away any flexibility to make a John Collins offer. And that 1st from the Bulls will probably be protected.
    100% on Presti.

Why are people celebrating like Wright did something good here? He got a first rounder ... He could have gotten at least one anyway by eating a bad deal,

Favors and his 2/20 got a damn first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arent we just going to buy out thad,and aminu?
    Thad will have trade value at the deadline, whether the Spurs act on it is another thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that people will hate DDR and you may think he was a terrible fit, but he was the best player on the team since he was traded here. He had every reason to sulk about being traded from a place he wanted to be to the Spurs, but he showed up and played his best. It wasn't his fault that Kawhi incensed the franchise and then left and made DDR take the heat. I thought he was enjoyable to watch and had some great drives to the basket. Sure, we didn't win, but come on, the roster was flawed and that was not all his fault. I wish him luck and look forward to the NBA media all of a sudden liking him now that he is going to a big market team.

I'm glad he's gone because a tear down is the only way to build up this team, but I appreciate his efforts as a Spur and I still think he's probably one of the 10 best players to put on a Spur jersey and if not, then at least top 15.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors gets dumped with a first, Spurstalk be: "Ewww, I don't want to risk cap room for that!

Young/Aminu dumped with a first for a player they really want, Spurstalk be: "Finally a good deal!"

This is a joke. They would have given up a first to dump those two anyway! And they get back a starter that they really want?

And the Spurs squeezed out nothing but seconds ....

Pathetic!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favors gets dumped with a first, Spurstalk be: "Ewww, I don't want to risk cap room for that!

Young/Aminu dumped with a first for a player they really want, Spurstalk be: "Finally a good deal!"

This is a joke. They would have given up a first to dump those two anyway! And they get back a starter that they really want?

Pathetic!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who got mad expecting to use the cap space on Collins, get real, he was never coming! Even if he signed an offer sheet, Hawks match it in every scenario. We would have just wasted to opportunity to get assets for DDR hoping to get Collins and ended up with nothing. This is a good deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are ppl not realizing Thad Young, Aminu, Mcdermott are now all ahead of our youth in the pecking order? That trio is the new DDR, Gay, Mills. DDR could have fetched an expiring and a better player at the deadline. This is Brian Wright’s best move so far as a GM though. That lottery pick we are about to earn will be attached to move a disgruntled DJ when he finally says fk this organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. This deal in a vacuum to fill out the roster is fine, probably even good. This deal after Collins and McDermott is abysmal. If this pick is something like lotto in 25 and 26 then a 28 second if not conveyed, this deal will be horrible. Who cares about the worse of SAC/CHI/LAL second next year and a 2025 Chicago second isn't carrying the day for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people celebrating like Wright did something good here? He got a first rounder ... He could have gotten at least one anyway by eating a bad deal,
    Yeah, in terms of strictly value judging this on a Presti draft pick heist, this trade is nothing to write home about.

But ........................... when you compare this to scenarios where the Spurs "do right" by their vets and re-signed DeRozan and Mills at 5:01 or other dumb moves like Jarrett Allen $100 million or Duncan Robinson $90 or whatever, the summer is somewhat successful.

It's sadly a low bar at this point but I can easily live with what they did. I'd still rather have cap space than the haul they ended up with but, meh, worst fears not realized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in terms of strictly value judging this on a Presti draft pick heist, this trade is nothing to write home about.

But ........................... when you compare this to scenarios where the Spurs "do right" by their vets and re-signed DeRozan and Mills at 5:01 or other dumb moves like Jarrett Allen $100 million or Duncan Robinson $90 or whatever, the summer is somewhat successful.

It's sadly a low bar at this point but I can easily live with what they did. I'd still rather have cap space than the haul they ended up with but, meh, worst fears not realized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are ppl not realizing Thad Young, Aminu, Mcdermott are now all ahead of our youth in the pecking order? That trio is the new DDR, Gay, Mills. DDR could have fetched an expiring and a better player at the deadline. This is Brian Wright’s best move so far as a GM though. That lottery pick we are about to earn will be attached to move a disgruntled DJ when he finally says fk this organization.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs cant draft so who cares how good the picks are. Thank god he's gone. At least we got rid of all the trash in one day.
    Disagree, Brian Wrong is still employed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad had an incredible under the radar year last year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/

Like Julius Randle, he reorganized his whole approach to the game and finished the year averaging over 4 apg. No one on the Bulls had a better +/- for the season: http://www.82games.com/2021/2021CHI.HTM

Could easily be a nice trade piece next year with his expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aminu sucks and wont play over anybody. Dougie is a backup or maybe starter at4 and thad can easily be bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pathetic!
    Favors has two more years. Young and Aminu are expiring. Big difference. I'd hate this trade if Young or Aminu had an extra year.

Plus Young actually has positive value. Aminu is a straight dump but Young should be able to net something else at the trade deadline if the Spurs retain his current value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad had an incredible under the radar year last year: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/

Like Julius Randle, he reorganized his whole approach to the game and finished the year averaging over 4 apg. No one on the Bulls had a better +/- for the season: http://www.82games.com/2021/2021CHI.HTM
    Yeah, Thad was awesome last year. Arguably the best player on the Bulls. At least most impactful.

He can't shoot though so I do worry the Spurs won't be able to retain his value.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu? Lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    People who got mad expecting to use the cap space on Collins, get real, he was never coming! Even if he signed an offer sheet, Hawks match it in every scenario. We would have just wasted to opportunity to get assets for DDR hoping to get Collins and ended up with nothing. This is a good deal.
    A protected 1st, a washed up Aminu, and a net negative RPM player in Thad Young who shot 26% from beyond the arc is better than a shot at signing John Collins? Lot of pathetic loser at ude on this board with the "we never had a chance to sign him anyway". You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt either Aminu or Young will be on the roster by the end of the year. They may not even by on the roster by the end of the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% on Presti.

Favors and his 2/20 got a damn first
    the seemingly innocent "why are people celebrating", bruh you know damn well why we're celebrating, act now like you didn't want DeRozan off the team as well

I love it when the Exhaling Krew dishes it out, y'all are funny, but it's pathetic to see you can't take it and admit the FO makes good moves sometimes too. This deal is objectively (pun intended) good by the sole measure of both getting DDR off the team, AND getting multiple assets, picks included, out of it. No way to spin this as bad news... Unless you're willing to abandon all objectivity and just go troll-hater mode, tbh.

DeRozan, actually off the ing team... And y'all crying about it. Hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Thad Young. A bit of a funky fit on the current Spurs, but who cares. He's smart enough to find his role. He's a way better player than given credit for.

Thread Information